SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Predictions Week 12
Today at 8:24 am by oldblackcat

» Saturday is back
Today at 8:17 am by oxfordshire

» It's been a rollercoaster journey..
Yesterday at 11:10 pm by cyprussyd

» Results Week 9
Yesterday at 9:20 pm by Mackemneil

» Predictions Mid week 12
Yesterday at 9:18 pm by Mackemneil

» FA Cup 1st round draw Monday.
Yesterday at 6:45 pm by oldblackcat

» League Table Week 11
Yesterday at 6:24 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» BBC are Tory donors
Yesterday at 5:30 pm by cyprussyd

» rape and death threats
Yesterday at 10:58 am by sunderpitt

»  Shrewsbury Town v Sunderland AFC
Yesterday at 10:03 am by cyprussyd

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Five we need to shift.

Go down

Five we need to shift.

Post  Billy D on 2018-06-01, 2:16 pm

Any of you disagree with this?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Possibly 11 in total

Post  Rovertsafc on 2018-06-01, 2:33 pm

Billy D wrote:Any of you disagree with this?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Rodwell-yes Kone-yes O'shea-yes Catts-yes McGeady -yes Oviedo-yes  N'Dong-yes Khazri-yes djbodge job-yes
May add to that Steele & Ruitter
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Five we need to shift.

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-01, 2:40 pm

If O'Shea and Cattermole are prepared tom take pay cuts I would keep both but on the understanding they would be experienced back up.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-01, 3:37 pm

John O'Shea says he has had no contact with new Sunderland owner Stewart Donald and will consider his future at the club after bringing down the curtain on his international career with Ireland.
The 37-year-old defender, who is out of contract at Sunderland at the end of the month, will make his 118th and final appearance for the Republic of Ireland against the USA on Saturday.
The veteran defender's future is uncertain following the recent takeover of the club by Donald, and the appointment of new manager Jack Ross who arrived on Wearside from St Mirren .

Asked if he had had any contact with the new Black Cats' owner O'Shea said: "No, no, no contact with anybody.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Republic of Ireland captain John O'Shea is retiring from international football

"I'm just focusing on tomorrow and then let's see what will happen then. I'll enjoy this moment tomorrow and then let things happen then."
O'Shea continued: "Look, that's for the next few weeks to pan out. I'm sure there's lots of stuff going on because when stuff like that happens, there's plenty of plans and things need to happen.
"First and foremost, I'm just looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully getting a win, and the next few weeks will take care of itself."
Ireland boss Martin O'Neill paid tribute to O'Shea and his contribution to Irish football.

Martin O'Neill praised O'Shea's contribution at international level

O'Neill said: "I know people shower praise on someone who is just about to leave, but he has been a great influence and even though just in recent times he would have less chance of playing with other players younger than he, to have him around and for him not to retire just after the Euros was particularly great for me.
"I wanted him around at the time and his influence is there for all to see."
Assistant Ireland manager Roy Keane also praised his former Manchester United team-mate, saying: "Brilliant pro. Great lad. It's a nice send-off for him, but he's had a good innings and you couldn't begrudge him the nice send-off that he's going to get.
"We have good memories of Shaysie, a good pro, a good lad and we'll miss him,"

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-06-01, 3:53 pm

Hmmm

Roswell goes without saying 

If Kone gets his head right he is an asset.. if not sell

JOS has been great for us Mr dependable.. May be worth having him ad a player/coach if Ross agrees

Clatterhard... again could do a job if the young one's do the running for him. Can be a force on the field if fit.

McGeady drives me bonkers can be briliant but also a liability.. Ross I suspect will make his own mind up.

N'Dong was expensive and may be on high wages... does he want to play in the 3rd division... I doubt it

We have 3 crap keepers that have to go... perhaps offer them to the bindippers.

Love and the other useless right back Jones can both sod off
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-06-01, 4:03 pm

cyprussyd wrote:If O'Shea and Cattermole are prepared tom take pay cuts I would keep both but on the understanding they would be experienced back up.

I Agree, both O'Shea and Cattermole  have served the club well during their time here but they would need to accept a wage cut and understand that they are not first choice in their respective positions. I expect that many on the forum will disagree, particularly with regard to Cattermole, I do think that both these players have a lot to offer behind the scenes and well as from the bench on match days.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-01, 4:52 pm

lesmac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:If O'Shea and Cattermole are prepared tom take pay cuts I would keep both but on the understanding they would be experienced back up.

I Agree, both O'Shea and Cattermole  have served the club well during their time here but they would need to accept a wage cut and understand that they are not first choice in their respective positions. I expect that many on the forum will disagree, particularly with regard to Cattermole, I do think that both these players have a lot to offer behind the scenes and well as from the bench on match days.
Not sure anyone will be on to disagree, most of the Short,Bain,O'Shea and Catts detractors have gone very, very quiet.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-06-01, 5:31 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
lesmac wrote:

Not sure anyone will be on to disagree, most of the Short,Bain,O'Shea and Catts detractors have gone very, very quiet.

I havent. Oshea good organiser at the back but has been a liability on numerous occasions. Get rid of. Catts has improved his disciplinary record but is way too slow. Get rid of.

I seem to recall most people said they would be an asset in the championship. Fact is NO they weren't.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-01, 5:42 pm

gil t azell wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
lesmac wrote:

I havent. Oshea good organiser at the back but has been a liability on numerous occasions. Get rid of. Catts has improved his disciplinary record but is way too slow. Get rid of.

I seem to recall most people said they would be an asset in the championship. Fact is NO they weren't.
I would not shed a tear if both moved on but I do think both would be good back up in division 1. Also think both did OK in the championship, not great but OK but O'Shea had half hearted help and poor keepers and Catts injuries. Neither would be my first choice but if Ross wanted to keep them on his terms I would not be annoyed.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-06-01, 6:40 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
gil t azell wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
lesmac wrote:

I would not shed a tear if both moved on but I do think both would be good back up in division 1. Also think both did OK in the championship, not great but OK but O'Shea had half hearted help and poor keepers and Catts injuries. Neither would be my first choice but if Ross wanted to keep them on his terms I would not be annoyed.
Fair comment.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-06-01, 6:57 pm

I wouldn't be sorry to see any of those mentioned go tbh.
That said, it's up to the new Hearty Laugher.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-06-03, 6:14 pm

This Cattermole detractor hasn't gone quiet either. Just been away and no  catching up with the forum. New broom time - Cattermole out.
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-03, 7:38 pm

I KNOW WHO YOU ARE

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-06-03, 9:18 pm

Kipper wrote:This Cattermole detractor hasn't gone quiet either. Just been away and no  catching up with the forum. New broom time - Cattermole out.
Old Broom   Cattermole in   Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-03, 10:13 pm

Catta and O'Shea out would not upset me and if we had stayed in the championship they would definitely be past their sell by dates but in division 1 I believe both could still be an asset.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-06-05, 9:42 am

cyprussyd wrote:
lesmac wrote:

Click bait.

Some things are better left to rest.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum