SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Predictions Week 12
Today at 8:24 am by oldblackcat

» Saturday is back
Today at 8:17 am by oxfordshire

» It's been a rollercoaster journey..
Yesterday at 11:10 pm by cyprussyd

» Results Week 9
Yesterday at 9:20 pm by Mackemneil

» Predictions Mid week 12
Yesterday at 9:18 pm by Mackemneil

» FA Cup 1st round draw Monday.
Yesterday at 6:45 pm by oldblackcat

» League Table Week 11
Yesterday at 6:24 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» BBC are Tory donors
Yesterday at 5:30 pm by cyprussyd

» rape and death threats
Yesterday at 10:58 am by sunderpitt

»  Shrewsbury Town v Sunderland AFC
Yesterday at 10:03 am by cyprussyd

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Overwhelmed-underwhelmed-not sure?

Go down

Overwhelmed-underwhelmed-not sure?

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-01, 3:25 am

Over the last few weeks  we have seen a whirlwind of change at our club..

Short and Bain gone.
New owner in Stewart Donald
New director in Charlie Methem
New potential investor in Juan Santori
New manager Jack Ross


Many changes and certainly lot's of communication from the new owners and judging by SunderMad and social media there is a new wave of hope, optimism and excitement. Of course we have also dropped into division 1 and lost a very popular manager in Chris Coleman along with some good Sunderland employees who are paying the price of relegation even though in many cases they bare no responsibility for that relegation.

But a few fans and SunderMaders have been very quiet on the changes, indeed some have made no comment whatsoever and I'm curious to why and a busy life cant be the reason because they do visit the forum and comment on other parts, just not on the changes.

So are you overwhelmed to the point of speechlessness?
Underwhelmed with it all?
Or not sure, not caught up in the euphoria?
Or is it more basic, you have fallen out of love with Sunderland after years of being on a downward spiral and simple dont really care anymore?

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47151
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Overwhelmed-underwhelmed-not sure?

Post  black fox on 2018-06-01, 4:14 am

very like yourself and a lot of other people I think its unbelievable that we seem to have turned it round and its all been done soo quickly too,when people ask me my teamthey might not laugh so much in the future (I hope).

________________________________________________________
giaccomo
avatar
black fox
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Posts : 172
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 76
Location : pattaya thailand

Back to top Go down

Re: Overwhelmed-underwhelmed-not sure?

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-01, 5:03 am

black fox wrote:very like yourself and a lot of other people I think its unbelievable that we seem to have turned it round and its all been done soo quickly too,when people ask me my teamthey might not laugh so much in the future (I hope).
like

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47151
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Overwhelmed-underwhelmed-not sure?

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-06-01, 5:36 am

I think after the great fall our club has had quite a few people are still stunned......myself?....Well everything I read about our new regime impresses me and oozes positivity......if this transfers to the players both old and new I can see nothing but a bright future....and when our club finally drags itself off the floor the promise that we have of people ready to invest money into it can be nothing but good........one thing though,fans have got to realise that the turn around may not be immediate and be patient...virtually a new squad will be needed and a new mentality and way of playing implemented and this may not happen overnight
avatar
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Posts : 2458
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 57
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

Re: Overwhelmed-underwhelmed-not sure?

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-06-01, 7:53 am

Rookie(ish) owners and a rookie manager, all of whom come over as positive and optimistic but that only goes so far in restoring our fortunes which I hope they are not going to do on a shoe string.  According to the interview ES smoothed the way for the new owners to have a new financially unfettered start and it is now down to signings made over the summer. 

Hopefully our backroom staff by way of scouts have some idea who is available or willing to come as we have got rid of McDermott,  but my biggest fear is that we will compete just using youngsters and inexperienced players, maybe from Scotland, and we possibly stagnate.

Another eventful summer window coming up.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4073
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 80
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Overwhelmed-underwhelmed-not sure?

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-06-01, 8:13 am

Nostalgic wrote:Rookie(ish) owners and a rookie manager, all of whom come over as positive and optimistic but that only goes so far in restoring our fortunes which I hope they are not going to do on a shoe string.  According to the interview ES smoothed the way for the new owners to have a new financially unfettered start and it is now down to signings made over the summer. 

Hopefully our backroom staff by way of scouts have some idea who is available or willing to come as we have got rid of McDermott,  but my biggest fear is that we will compete just using youngsters and inexperienced players, maybe from Scotland, and we possibly stagnate.

Another eventful summer window coming up.

Short had to go for us to have a chance to revive.

We are now in the 3rd division  (sic). If Short had sold us a couple of years ago we might not have been relegated twice


But we are where we are. The new owner and his mate seem determined to make a go of it and atm are very keen to communicate what they are doing. The owner is rich but not billionaire rich and needs other backers he is working at it.

Meanwhile we are still losing money and TV cash is minimal.. so gate receipts are very important once more.

Savings in staff and players is likely.. they have to do what they have to do.. selling our playing assets is more than probable to help bridge the expenditure income shortfall. 

Me I just hope we can win a few games.
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 7278
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Overwhelmed-underwhelmed-not sure?

Post  Rovertsafc on 2018-06-01, 10:02 am

I am quiet due to the culling(not of the sol staff) which is happening,which means I am very happy with the progress that is being made in such a short time.
avatar
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 984
Join date : 2012-08-24
Age : 57
Location : Bishop Aukland

Back to top Go down

Re: Overwhelmed-underwhelmed-not sure?

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-06-01, 7:41 pm

I am quiet as children have been around for 3 weeks and not had a minute to spare. Since they went back on Tuesday have been recovering.. Just not had time to think really but like what I have heard and seen so far Smile
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 9435
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 62

Back to top Go down

Re: Overwhelmed-underwhelmed-not sure?

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-06-05, 10:02 am

cyprussyd wrote:Over the last few weeks  we have seen a whirlwind of change at our club..

Short and Bain gone.
New owner in Stewart Donald
New director in Charlie Methem
New potential investor in Juan Santori
New manager Jack Ross


Many changes and certainly lot's of communication from the new owners and judging by SunderMad and social media there is a new wave of hope, optimism and excitement. Of course we have also dropped into division 1 and lost a very popular manager in Chris Coleman along with some good Sunderland employees who are paying the price of relegation even though in many cases they bare no responsibility for that relegation.

But a few fans and SunderMaders have been very quiet on the changes, indeed some have made no comment whatsoever and I'm curious to why and a busy life cant be the reason because they do visit the forum and comment on other parts, just not on the changes.

So are you overwhelmed to the point of speechlessness?
Underwhelmed with it all?
Or not sure, not caught up in the euphoria?
Or is it more basic, you have fallen out of love with Sunderland after years of being on a downward spiral and simple dont really care anymore?
Been away but genuinely excited with the new broom.

Maybe you should sticky an update of in & outs  affraid

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]            [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 10009
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 100
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: Overwhelmed-underwhelmed-not sure?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum