SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Results Week 11
Yesterday at 11:53 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» The Tour De France Trophy stolen
Yesterday at 10:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Spain v England
Yesterday at 9:58 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Pub Quiz
Yesterday at 6:54 pm by cyprussyd

» Maja
Yesterday at 4:33 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Mid week 12
Yesterday at 4:28 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Week 12
Yesterday at 4:23 pm by Silvers

» League Table Week 11
Yesterday at 1:42 pm by Derro Jimmy

» Results Mid week 9
Yesterday at 12:20 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Settle down now.
2018-10-14, 7:45 pm by canary-dave

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Mcnair

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Mcnair

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-05-31, 11:04 am

Every player has his price.. and after his display for his country his price should go up.

On the other hand we will have to pay to get Roswrll out of the club  Evil or Very Mad
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-01, 5:57 pm

A second offer that came in for Paddy Mcnair has been rejected. Stewart Donald revealed that Paddy Mcnair's said he has no intention of leaving The Black Cats.

hope its true

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-06-01, 5:58 pm

cyprussyd wrote:A second offer that came in for Paddy Mcnair has been rejected. Stewart Donald revealed that Paddy Mcnair's said he has no intention of leaving The Black Cats.

hope its true
Me also.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-06-01, 9:19 pm

If McNair stays by choice or we reject all bids I would be very happy as the likes of him, Watmore, Gooch etc are our team to come in a couple of seasons.  Hopefully it was a mixture of sentiment and loyalty based on the way we treat him during his long injury stint.

Plus I doubt us being a flying Div3 club would not affect his international career.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-06-02, 8:45 pm

Real Madrid have backed off trying to get Pochenttio ( sp) as manager cos they had a very tough time dealing with Levy over Bale and averagely modeate.

Let' hope Donald is going to be as tough
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-02, 8:48 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Real Madrid have backed off trying to get Pochenttio ( sp) as manager cos they had a very tough time dealing with Levy over Bale and averagely modeate.

Let' hope Donald is going to be as tough
I have a feeling he will be no pushover

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-03, 12:27 am

Brighton remain keen on Sunderland's Paddy McNair, after having an initial £2m bid for the 23-year-old rejected by the League One club. (Argus)

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-03, 6:07 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion are set to up their offer for Paddy McNair this week, with Sunderland facing an increasing battle to hold on to their star midfielder. Premier League Seagulls have had two bids rejected so far, the latest for £3.5million, while an unnamed London-based club has seen an offer of £3.75million knocked back. McNair has not indicated he wants to leave Sunderland, though he has spoken of a desire to play Premier League football again. It comes as Stewart Donald has warned those players that have expressed a desire to leave that they won’t do so on the cheap. Reports in Turkey claimed the agents of wantaway duo Wahbi Khazri and Lamine Kone had attempted to get the duo free transfers this summer following relegation to League One. But Donald has made it very clear Sunderland’s new owners won’t be taken for a ride and will demand market value for any player wanting to leave. Sunderland have an interest in Hibernian central midfielder Dylan McGeouch, a free agent this summer, and former Gateshead and Newcastle United winger Marcus Maddison after Peterborough United missed out on promotion Maddison has a verbal agreement with Posh chairman Darragh MacAnthony that he would be allowed to leave if they failed to win promotion, though there is strong interest in him from several Championship clubs. Burton Albion defender Tom Naylor, who can also play in midfield, is also reported to be on Sunderland’s wanted list. Naylor is out of contract at the Brewers but has been offered a new deal and is currently weighing up his options. Jack Ross is expecting a high turnover of players at Sunderland this summer. McNair ended the season strongly with four goals in his last five games and it is no surprise to see the midfielder in demand. The 23-year-old is currently away on international duty and has spoken of his ambition to one day play again in the top flight. McNair said: “I love playing for Michael [O’Neill] because he gives me so much confidence. I’ve learned a lot off him since I first came into the squad and I think I’ve definitely improved. “If I can get back to the Premier League, that would be great, but I just want to concentrate on these Northern Ireland games and look at that afterwards.”

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-05, 1:17 pm

Brighton to increase McNair bid to £5mil

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

AMP.SPORTSMOLE.CO.UK

Brighton to increase Paddy McNair bid?
Brighton & Hove Albion will reportedly table an increased offer of £5m to lure Sunderland midfielder Paddy McNair away from the Stadium of Light.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-06-05, 3:14 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Brighton to increase McNair bid to £5mil

AMP.SPORTSMOLE.CO.UK

Brighton & Hove Albion will reportedly table an increased offer of £5m to lure Sunderland midfielder Paddy McNair away from the Stadium of Light.

That sounds good
But I was told yesterday we were holding out for 4 million
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2018-06-05, 3:23 pm

Vincemac wrote:

AMP.SPORTSMOLE.CO.UK

That sounds good
Told by who we are holding out for 4 million?I'm sure the price we are after will only be known by our chairman.
Just keep the bids coming in it is early days in the transfer market so the price may well exceed our expectations.
Remember he is an International and only 23.
Lets hope he stays for the fight and if we don't look like getting promoted first time around then listen to offers
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-06-05, 3:54 pm

Rovertsafc wrote:
Vincemac wrote:

AMP.SPORTSMOLE.CO.UK

That sounds good
Told by who we are holding out for 4 million?I'm sure the price we are after will only be known by our chairman.
Just keep the bids coming in it is early days in the transfer market so the price may well exceed our expectations.
Remember he is an International and only 23.
Lets hope he stays for the fight and if we don't look like getting promoted first time around then listen to offers
I use the word told 
As in general
It was on ssn yesterday
And I agree with what you say
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-06-06, 6:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-06-06, 7:15 am

So far it is all newspaper or agent talk regarding McNair, but a statement of intent is surely needed about our transfer situation.  Our finances are such that we can afford the supposed wages once we have got the huge earners off the books. We have no debt, parachute payments due, so keeping him as one of those to get us back into top leagues is paramount. We are too big a club to think too small regardless of our situation.

I just do not want us falling into a "sell to buy" mindset instead of going into a more positive attitude.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-06-06, 8:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-06, 8:06 am

Nostalgic wrote:So far it is all newspaper or agent talk regarding McNair, but a statement of intent is surely needed about our transfer situation.  Our finances are such that we can afford the supposed wages once we have got the huge earners off the books. We have no debt, parachute payments due, so keeping him as one of those to get us back into top leagues is paramount. We are too big a club to think too small regardless of our situation.

I just do not want us falling into a "sell to buy" mindset instead of going into a more positive attitude.
Good sentiments Noz and McNair has not asked to leave however if he wants out and the offer is right he will go. We have learned to our cost what happens if you keep a player who wants out and TBF why would he not if a premier team come calling.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-06, 9:31 am

Paddy McNair ‘not for sale’ unless he hands in transfer request, says Stewart Donald

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-06-06, 9:49 am

cyprussyd wrote:Paddy McNair ‘not for sale’ unless he hands in transfer request, says Stewart Donald

Let's hope his buddy Duncan Watmore persuades him to stay and he's not overly influenced by agents.
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-06-06, 9:53 am

Meanwhile:

Derby County and Middlesbrough are both keen on signing Sunderland’s Paddy McNair, according to the Yorkshire Post.

Not sure how they can be battling it out when he's not for sale.
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-06-06, 11:53 am

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Paddy McNair ‘not for sale’ unless he hands in transfer request, says Stewart Donald

Let's hope his buddy Duncan Watmore persuades him to stay and he's not overly influenced by agents.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-06-07, 12:33 pm

On his way for £7m ?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-07, 12:43 pm

sunderpitt wrote:On his way for £7m ?
who says

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-06-07, 12:46 pm

sunderpitt wrote:On his way for £7m ?
Who says?
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-06-07, 12:46 pm

There's an echo in here
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-07, 12:48 pm

Kipper wrote:There's an echo in here
who says

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum