SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Christmas/birthday present idea
Today at 12:15 pm by canary-dave

» Twitter
Today at 12:14 pm by cyprussyd

» Transfer update from RR
Today at 11:34 am by cyprussyd

» There will be lots of disappointed fans
Today at 11:29 am by cyprussyd

» Strong Rodwell rumours
Today at 11:03 am by Billy D

» advice to anyone renewing or buying SC
Yesterday at 7:05 pm by cyprussyd

» Kone
Yesterday at 6:43 pm by cyprussyd

» Big Bad Dong.
Yesterday at 6:33 pm by Billy D

» Players coming in
Yesterday at 3:56 pm by cyprussyd

» More class and a must view from Chuck
Yesterday at 3:32 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

A serious Rodwell question

Go down

A serious Rodwell question

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-26, 4:20 pm

If, and its a very big if, the new manager could persuade Rodwell to stay, take a pay cut and get his head right he could be a very big player in division 1.

But would he ever be forgiven by the fans?

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45505
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious Rodwell question

Post  Billy D on 2018-05-26, 4:25 pm

In my opinion no
I don't think he even wants to play anymore - just wants his wages for sitting on his arse.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4192
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious Rodwell question

Post  paddocklad on 2018-05-26, 4:33 pm

I don’t think there is anyway back for him
avatar
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 311
Join date : 2015-08-20
Age : 48
Location : Chester-le-Street

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious Rodwell question

Post  canary-dave on 2018-05-26, 4:56 pm

Surely he was signed as a player, if he's not playing he is in breach of contract!

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 13929
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 70
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious Rodwell question

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-26, 4:59 pm

canary-dave wrote:Surely he was signed as a player, if he's not playing he is in breach of contract!
But he has never refused to play, just no good when he does

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45505
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious Rodwell question

Post  Billy D on 2018-05-26, 5:02 pm

canary-dave wrote:Surely he was signed as a player, if he's not playing he is in breach of contract!
Indeed, it's his job.
If he wont do it sack the bastard.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4192
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious Rodwell question

Post  canary-dave on 2018-05-26, 5:04 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
canary-dave wrote:Surely he was signed as a player, if he's not playing he is in breach of contract!
But he has never refused to play, just no good when he does

Plan B:-  have a bucket collection at Sol to pay him off.
If the fans know what it's for, they'll give generously  like

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 13929
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 70
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious Rodwell question

Post  Billy D on 2018-05-26, 9:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4192
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious Rodwell question

Post  Billy D on 2018-05-27, 6:42 am

If we can sack a manager for being shit why can't we do the same with players?
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4192
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious Rodwell question

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-27, 8:32 am

Billy D wrote:If we can sack a manager for being shit why can't we do the same with players?
We can but same rules, when we sack a manager we have to pay their contracts up and that is what Rodwell is after, his contract paid up in full.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45505
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious Rodwell question

Post  Vincemac on 2018-05-27, 10:22 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:If we can sack a manager for being shit why can't we do the same with players?
We can but same rules, when we sack a manager we have to pay their contracts up and that is what Rodwell is after, his contract paid up in full.
He is never going to play for us we should have payed him what he wants and got rid
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7112
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 66

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious Rodwell question

Post  Billy D on 2018-05-27, 12:14 pm

Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:If we can sack a manager for being shit why can't we do the same with players?
We can but same rules, when we sack a manager we have to pay their contracts up and that is what Rodwell is after, his contract paid up in full.
He is never going to play for us we should have payed him what he wants and got rid
I wonder who'll have him now?
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4192
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious Rodwell question

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-05-27, 4:02 pm

cyprussyd wrote:If, and its a very big if, the new manager could persuade Rodwell to stay, take a pay cut and get his head right he could be a very big player in division 1.

But would he ever be forgiven by the fans?

Even if Roswell were to be world player of the year
..i would sell him on..FFS we are supposed to be restoring the soul and spirit of the club
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6911
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious Rodwell question

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-27, 4:05 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:If, and its a very big if, the new manager could persuade Rodwell to stay, take a pay cut and get his head right he could be a very big player in division 1.

But would he ever be forgiven by the fans?

Even if Roswell were to be world player of the year
..i would sell him on..FFS we are supposed to be restoring the soul and spirit of the club
It was just a question to try and bring some life to the forum

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45505
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious Rodwell question

Post  Vincemac on 2018-05-27, 4:33 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:If, and its a very big if, the new manager could persuade Rodwell to stay, take a pay cut and get his head right he could be a very big player in division 1.

But would he ever be forgiven by the fans?

Even if Roswell were to be world player of the year
..i would sell him on..FFS we are supposed to be restoring the soul and spirit of the club
Sell him on
We should pay him his money and kick him out the club
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7112
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 66

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious Rodwell question

Post  Billy D on 2018-05-27, 4:44 pm

Vincemac wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:If, and its a very big if, the new manager could persuade Rodwell to stay, take a pay cut and get his head right he could be a very big player in division 1.

But would he ever be forgiven by the fans?

Even if Roswell were to be world player of the year
..i would sell him on..FFS we are supposed to be restoring the soul and spirit of the club
Sell him on
We should pay him his money and kick him out the club
With his attitude we'll be lucky to get a case of Lambrini & a sack of coal.
I honestly can't see many wanting him.
He's only got himself to blame for the ruination of his career.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4192
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious Rodwell question

Post  Vincemac on 2018-05-27, 4:45 pm

Billy D wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:If, and its a very big if, the new manager could persuade Rodwell to stay, take a pay cut and get his head right he could be a very big player in division 1.

But would he ever be forgiven by the fans?

Even if Roswell were to be world player of the year
..i would sell him on..FFS we are supposed to be restoring the soul and spirit of the club
Sell him on
We should pay him his money and kick him out the club
With his attitude we'll be lucky to get a case of Lambrini & a sack of coal.
I honestly can't see many wanting him.
He's only got himself to blame for the ruination of his career.

like
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7112
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 66

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious Rodwell question

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-05-27, 9:01 pm

Vincemac wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:If, and its a very big if, the new manager could persuade Rodwell to stay, take a pay cut and get his head right he could be a very big player in division 1.

But would he ever be forgiven by the fans?

Even if Roswell were to be world player of the year
..i would sell him on..FFS we are supposed to be restoring the soul and spirit of the club
Sell him on
We should pay him his money and kick him out the club
With his attitude we'll be lucky to get a case of Lambrini & a sack of coal.
I honestly can't see many wanting him.
He's only got himself to blame for the ruination of his career.

like
He could always just buy SAFC  & be the silent partner Rolling Eyes

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]            [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 9843
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 100
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious Rodwell question

Post  Billy D on 2018-05-27, 9:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4192
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious Rodwell question

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum