SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Predictions Week 12
Today at 8:24 am by oldblackcat

» Saturday is back
Today at 8:17 am by oxfordshire

» It's been a rollercoaster journey..
Yesterday at 11:10 pm by cyprussyd

» Results Week 9
Yesterday at 9:20 pm by Mackemneil

» Predictions Mid week 12
Yesterday at 9:18 pm by Mackemneil

» FA Cup 1st round draw Monday.
Yesterday at 6:45 pm by oldblackcat

» League Table Week 11
Yesterday at 6:24 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» BBC are Tory donors
Yesterday at 5:30 pm by cyprussyd

» rape and death threats
Yesterday at 10:58 am by sunderpitt

»  Shrewsbury Town v Sunderland AFC
Yesterday at 10:03 am by cyprussyd

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Another on bites the dust.

Go down

Another on bites the dust.

Post  Billy D on 2018-05-26, 12:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Richard Hill joins

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-26, 12:44 pm

Former Eastleigh manager Richard Hill is set to join Sunderland, but Steward Donald has said that he will have no first team duties. 

Hill was manager at Eastleigh from 2012-2015 before returning in February this year as caretaker manager and director of football. However, Donald wrote on twitter that this would not be his role on Wearside. He said: "He has joined the club in a specific role but no first team duties at all. That’s why we have our Jack!!! Welcome Jack Ross he is our man!!!" 

Earlier this week, Donald said that recruitment would be driven by the manager. Head of Recruitment Neale McDermott has since left the club. Donald said: "He manager will recruit the players – that will be his call. We have a recruitment team and there will still be a recruitment team who works with him, but there will be no interference from Charlie [Methven] or I.

“It needs a cultural change. The standards have got to be really high when you go round the Academy of Light. “If you’re a young footballer, or any kind of footballer, and you wander in there as a League One footballer, we’ve got to make sure people don’t think they’ve arrived and all their hard work is done. 

“The standards that the football club should set, should be absolutely top drawer, it should be 100 per cent effort. “They’ve got to get the culture, they’ve got to work hard, they’ve got to do everything right, and the manager has to set the tone for that. “He cannot be somebody that will let them off with anything. “If we want to win anything, especially now in League One, this will be the place where everybody, as soon as the fixtures are drawn out, (will ask) when are we playing Sunderland? “

They will come up here and, when we go there, it will be a big game. 

“You are going to have to be strong and, if you are going to be that, the manager has to set the tone, so I am expecting to bring someone in who sets the standard right at the top and then make sure that the players understand what is expected of them, and get the right type of characters here.” 

Having announced earlier today that Donald's sale of Eastleigh had been approved, the club confirmed Hill's departure. A statement reads: "Eastleigh Football Club can confirm Richard Hill has left the football club by mutual consent. "We would like to put on record our sincere gratitude to him for his hard work during all his time at the club. "We wish him every success in the next chapter of his career."

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Another on bites the dust.

Post  Billy D on 2018-05-26, 3:03 pm

It's refreshing to see all the dross in the boardroom gone.
Just waiting for the window to open now so we can do the same with the players.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-26, 4:04 pm

I know we have no idea what the future holds but the present sure feels fine and very decisive.

We are  getting rid of people not many of us knew we had but we know the big test lies ahead, persuading the players we want to stay to stay and shifting the players we want out. I think many, me being one, will be watching the Rodwell situation with interest, how will it be solved?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-05-26, 4:05 pm

Its still Rodwell we need out.

Alternatively I hope our new manager makes Rodders life a misery with extra hard training sessions at ridiculous times of the day. Basically just f*ck his life up as best as possible.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-05-26, 4:15 pm

gil t azell wrote:Its still Rodwell we need out.

Alternatively I hope our new manager makes Rodders life a misery with extra hard training sessions at ridiculous times of the day. Basically just f*ck his life up as best as possible.
All those staff losing there jobs
And he’s getting hundreds of thousands for nowt
Hope this new lot sort him out one way or another
Maybe it’s time to get rid of him a nd pay him what he wants
He’s never going to be any use to us anyway
???
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-05-26, 4:22 pm

We might be left with no option but to pay up his contract & tell him to f*ck off.
Can't see many wanting him. Do the same with Kone as well.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-05-26, 4:22 pm

We might be left with no option but to pay up his contract & tell him to f*ck off.
Can't see many wanting him. Do the same with Kone as well.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum