SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Reality is sinking in
Today at 9:10 am by Kipper

» Fukking useless bastards.
Today at 8:25 am by Billy D

» Forget about King Çharles forget about King William
Today at 7:43 am by vinkel

» Jumble sales
Today at 7:10 am by cyprussyd

» Fathers Day
Yesterday at 10:48 pm by Sid MCFC

» Epilepsy
Yesterday at 7:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Quiz Night at the Albert
Yesterday at 5:26 pm by Vincemac

» In, out, shake it all about
Yesterday at 3:55 pm by cyprussyd

» Mcnair
Yesterday at 1:22 pm by Billy D

» Christ Allfruckingmighty
Yesterday at 10:40 am by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 2 Bots

Billy D, Kipper

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Straightforward question now a straightforward answer please

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Straightforward question now a straightforward answer please

Post  vinkel on 2018-05-25, 5:06 pm

Are you happy with the new regime as is, or would you rather have Coleman and Symons.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Re: Straightforward question now a straightforward answer please

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-25, 5:20 pm

Delighted with the new regime from what I have seen.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Siddall on 2018-05-25, 5:28 pm

Far too early to tell...
Siddall
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-25, 5:43 pm

Siddall wrote:Far too early to tell...
I never understand that answer. I understand how you cant tell if they will be successful but you are either happy today or not.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-05-25, 6:05 pm

Happy happy happy
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-05-25, 7:29 pm

vinkel wrote:Are you happy with the new regime as is, or would you rather have Coleman and Symons.

Happy that Short and Bane gone.. new owner seems okay... do not have a clue about Ross.. I did think Coleman was good
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-05-25, 7:58 pm

Ambivalent born out of experience,

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-05-25, 8:02 pm

Nostalgic wrote:Ambivalent born out of experience,
Yes indeed.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-05-25, 8:24 pm

I'm very happy at the moment....the new regime has a plan and they're pressing ahead implementing it and I for one like the vibes that are being given off.....I would like to have seen what Coleman could/would have done with backing but everything I have read about the new manager impresses me and I can't wait for next season to start Very Happy
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-25, 8:26 pm

oldblackcat wrote:I'm very happy at the moment....the new regime has a plan and they're pressing ahead implementing it and I for one like the vibes that are being given off.....I would like to have seen what Coleman could/would have done with backing but everything I have read about the new manager impresses me and I can't wait for next season to start Very Happy
APPL APPL APPL

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-05-25, 9:11 pm

I'm happy that the new owners have addressed the problem that many fans on SunderMad and elsewhere have speculated about, the rotten core within the club. In their statements the new owners  have talked about the problems that need to be sorted in order to get Sunderland Football Club back to the Premier League. It may take some time but I feel contented that it will happen. While they are getting stuck into re-building the club we, the fans, need to be patient for things to happen and give the team and management all the support we can muster.

With regard to the new manager I have to say that his track record is excellent so  far at the level that he has managed and he talks the talk, lets hope that he can walk the walk, my feeling is that he can but along the way he will make mistakes. I feel a sadness for Coleman for he inherited a bunch of mercenary men, I will not call them footballers, who didn't give a toss. However, toward the end of the season I was beginning to question Coleman's team selection and even more his use of subs. It also has been said on the forum that his time in league management was not really very successful. His time with Wales was, I think, one of those very lucky events that happen. He had the skill and cheating ability of the diver Bale and the haplessness of a dire England team to help cement his reputation. I wish him well and do hope that he finds a club to manage soon and should he return to SOL I will applaud him for his honesty and efforts to bring our club back to life.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-25, 9:32 pm

lesmac wrote:I'm happy that the new owners have addressed the problem that many fans on SunderMad and elsewhere have speculated about, the rotten core within the club. In their statements the new owners  have talked about the problems that need to be sorted in order to get Sunderland Football Club back to the Premier League. It may take some time but I feel contented that it will happen. While they are getting stuck into re-building the club we, the fans, need to be patient for things to happen and give the team and management all the support we can muster.

With regard to the new manager I have to say that his track record is excellent so  far at the level that he has managed and he talks the talk, lets hope that he can walk the walk, my feeling is that he can but along the way he will make mistakes. I feel a sadness for Coleman for he inherited a bunch of mercenary men, I will not call them footballers, who didn't give a toss. However, toward the end of the season I was beginning to question Coleman's team selection and even more his use of subs. It also has been said on the forum that his time in league management was not really very successful. His time with Wales was, I think, one of those very lucky events that happen. He had the skill and cheating ability of the diver Bale and the haplessness of a dire England team to help cement his reputation. I wish him well and do hope that he finds a club to manage soon and should he return to SOL I will applaud him for his honesty and efforts to bring our club back to life.
And again

APPL APPL APPL

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-05-25, 10:36 pm

lesmac wrote:I'm happy that the new owners have addressed the problem that many fans on SunderMad and elsewhere have speculated about, the rotten core within the club. In their statements the new owners  have talked about the problems that need to be sorted in order to get Sunderland Football Club back to the Premier League. It may take some time but I feel contented that it will happen. While they are getting stuck into re-building the club we, the fans, need to be patient for things to happen and give the team and management all the support we can muster.

I think people forgive and forget far too easily, Coleman inherited a poor squad and turned it into the worst we have known in lifetime. It was obvious towards the end of his tenure certain players just didn't want to play for him. He hit lucky with Wales playing 3 at the back and persisted with it with us. Though everyone could see it didn't work for us. Imho he took us down, and I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. Glad to see the back of him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-05-25, 11:31 pm

Happy. Short and Bain gone, as OBC says thenew guys have a plan and an understandng of football and what makes the game so important to many fans. Cannot fault them so far. Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-05-26, 12:33 am

Very happy with what we have now.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-05-26, 1:22 am

I am beginning to detect a total change of attitude by people on here which is puzzling.  In the past few seasons the grumbling about lack of investment or big signings was much in evidence, yet now we are having a love-in about new owners who have hinted at promises of big things yet are heading off to Monaco to talk to a S American who knows a Russian with the possibility of investing in the club.  Before getting control it was hinted that investors were sorted, and a "hefty budget" would be available for the next manager.

Going onto the new manager, who I know no more about other than he is highly thought of in Scotland, everybody wants give him time to rebuild and provide new foundation when it is already there with what is left of the current squad.  For me, that hardly sounds ambitious, especially when the new owner says if we fail to get promotion via the play-offs. We have some good, now experienced, young lads around who we can build a team capable of an immediate return, so hopefully these will be the first group Ross talks to. If they are let go as their wages do not suit the clubs status it will be a backward step in my book.

For all we are in Div1, I don't see how or why we should restrict our planning or thinking when we are debt free, or is the new owner hedging his bets. We all know that managerial appointments are a gamble and Ross "could be one for the future" so give him time as he and the team grows together just is not sitting well with me at the moment.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-05-26, 7:17 am

Yes. Happy.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-05-26, 7:25 am

Time will tell what happens but overall I'm pleased.
Can't be any worse that's for sure.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-26, 7:30 am

Nostalgic wrote:I am beginning to detect a total change of attitude by people on here which is puzzling.  In the past few seasons the grumbling about lack of investment or big signings was much in evidence, yet now we are having a love-in about new owners who have hinted at promises of big things yet are heading off to Monaco to talk to a S American who knows a Russian with the possibility of investing in the club.  Before getting control it was hinted that investors were sorted, and a "hefty budget" would be available for the next manager.

No change in attitude but a realism about where we are. My love in us simple, after years of decline we have owners with enthusiasm and a plan of action. The consortium becoming two men was explained in the very first news conference and it was stated we have an hefty budget for division one and for the championship. I honestly see no reason to be anything but happy.

Going onto the new manager, who I know no more about other than he is highly thought of in Scotland, everybody wants give him time to rebuild and provide new foundation when it is already there with what is left of the current squad.  For me, that hardly sounds ambitious, especially when the new owner says if we fail to get promotion via the play-offs. We have some good, now experienced, young lads around who we can build a team capable of an immediate return, so hopefully these will be the first group Ross talks to. If they are let go as their wages do not suit the clubs status it will be a backward step in my book.

The new people have made it clear, play offs is absolute minimum and we can only keep players who want to stay but lets give Ross time to at least talk to them.

For all we are in Div1, I don't see how or why we should restrict our planning or thinking when we are debt free, or is the new owner hedging his bets. We all know that managerial appointments are a gamble and Ross "could be one for the future" so give him time as he and the team grows together just is not sitting well with me at the moment.

I am very happy and very excited about the future, a feeling I am loving.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  black fox on 2018-05-26, 7:47 am

im very happy and amazed at the speed that its happening,ive folloed safc for as long as I can remember and ive never been so optimistic this is the best ,apart from 73 and reidy years weve not had a lot of joy now perhaps we can.

Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-26, 7:59 am

Well for our ex pats I can tell you that here in blighty from what I see, feel and read the vast majority seem to share the happiness and optimism.

Of course there are risks and with new owners and a manger we know little about all we can do is look at the now and hope. The now for me seems incredible when you look at what has been done in the time the new man has been here.

But after years of decline, depression and despair its surely only natural to be overjoyed when we finally get the change we have yearned for, its like a champagne cork popping out of the bottle.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-05-26, 8:06 am

Just for the record, right from the off i had this niggle that Coleman was not the right man. But i was willing to wait and see. Jack Ross i know nothing about other than he has been very successful in his previous role and in the know people have only good things to say about him. That is good enough for me.
And i am excited about the future, really looking forward to how he moulds his squad. If i hadn't felt this way i would not have committed to next season, my bum will be on my seat for as many games as i can manage. cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Siddall on 2018-05-26, 8:28 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Siddall wrote:Far too early to tell...
I never understand that answer. I understand how you cant tell if they will be successful but you are either happy today or not.

Easy Syd, its based in realism. I'm relieved Short has gone. I have no idea whether Bain's or Coleman's replacements will be any better. The new regime hasn't seen a ball kicked, nobody has been bought or sold.
Siddall
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-05-26, 10:01 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well for our ex pats I can tell you that here in blighty from what I see, feel and read the vast majority seem to share the happiness and optimism.

Of course there are risks and with new owners and a manger we know little about all we can do is look at the now and hope. The now for me seems incredible when you look at what has been done in the time the new man has been here.

But after years of decline, depression and despair its surely only natural to be overjoyed when we finally get the change we have yearned for, its like a champagne cork popping out of the bottle.
This ex-pat has followed the events via interviews, here, RR and other sites, Northern and Sunderland Echo, and so far the rhetorical promises have been impressive, like the speed they have got rid of people.  It takes seconds to knock things over that have taken years to build and this is what they have done, but to be replaced by what? Not everything about the club is useless and in the time the sale was awaiting approval they have had their hit and hire lists drawn up. 

We appear to be getting drawn into going with the new guys regardless, because they are seen as the ones who know best, but only because they know the full extent of what they can put into the club. It remains to see what and when.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-26, 10:25 pm

Nostalgic wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well for our ex pats I can tell you that here in blighty from what I see, feel and read the vast majority seem to share the happiness and optimism.

This ex-pat has followed the events via interviews, here, RR and other sites, Northern and Sunderland Echo, and so far the rhetorical promises have been impressive, like the speed they have got rid of people.  It takes seconds to knock things over that have taken years to build and this is what they have done, but to be replaced by what? Not everything about the club is useless and in the time the sale was awaiting approval they have had their hit and hire lists drawn up. 

We appear to be getting drawn into going with the new guys regardless, because they are seen as the ones who know best, but only because they know the full extent of what they can put into the club. It remains to see what and when.
Genuinely sorry you feel that way Noz, I really am and its funny how we been asking for a sort out, a new start, clear the old guard and now its being done, we can find fault.

Anyway we all have opinions and I will stick with the happy clapper crowd, its a great feeling.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum