SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V SCUNTHORPE UNITED.
Today at 8:41 pm by cyprussyd

» Annual SunderMad night out
Today at 8:04 pm by canary-dave

» The battle of head and heart
Today at 7:49 pm by cyprussyd

» Games so far this season
Today at 7:31 pm by gil t azell

» Catts
Today at 5:51 pm by cyprussyd

» Poyet sacked by Bordeaux ?
Today at 3:23 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Sheffield Wed - Carabao Cup
Today at 12:17 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland manager Jack Ross comments on striker search
Today at 11:24 am by Silvers

» Marcos Alonso
Today at 10:51 am by Silvers

» Predictions Week 03
Today at 10:19 am by Lever Malone

SAFC owner Stewart Donald in investment talks

Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-24, 8:48 am

Donald revealed yesterday he will be heading to Monaco this weekend for talks with a friend who has expressed an interest in investing with the club.
Donald said: “The day the deal got announced I got offered £22million more than I paid for it to sell it – and I didn’t even have it.
“I have no interest in that. What I have got when we talk about where we take the football club, there are lots of people in the business world that I know who have expressed an interest.
“One person is a very good friend of mine who I would be interested in. He’s very well connected and as soon as I did the deal he said ‘Stew, can I get involved?’.
“I’m going to pop over this weekend and see him in Monaco. The Grand Prix is on, it’s been pretty hard work so I’m going to have a couple of days off, we’ll sit down and I’ll see if he wants to dot the is and cross the ts.
“I’ve told him about the deal, he’s good in football, he’s good in business and I think I might get him involved.
“That would be a minority stake and he’s the sort of guy you’re talking about where if I can’t do it, can he help me do it? Absolutely yes.”
Donald bought Sunderland off Ellis Short for £40million, to be paid over a maximum of two years.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: SAFC owner Stewart Donald in investment talks

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-24, 8:56 am

Could this be who he's meeting? We'll keep tabs on it

Stewart Donald last year met with Uruguayan businessman, Juan Sartori, in his role as a member of Oxford United’s Supporters’ Trust to discuss a possible takeover at the Kassam Stadium.
Sartori is a close associate of Russian billionaire, Dmitry Rybolovlev.
And it just so happens he is president of Monaco and lives in the principality.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-24, 3:25 pm

ichard Mennear‏ [ltr]@RichMennearJP[/ltr] 2h2 hours ago
[size=1]More
[/size]
Jim White on talkSPORT has just said it is Juan Sartori, the Uruguayan businessman, who Stewart Donald is meeting in Monaco this weekend. Prepared to invest 'big money' in #SAFC, says White.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-24, 5:16 pm

Stewart Donald is reportedly set to meet up with businessman Juan Sartori this weekend in a bid to get the Uruguayan to invest in Sunderland. 

Donald is keen to speak to individuals that would be keen on taking a minority shareholding in the Black Cats, and reports suggest that Sartori is one individual that he would be keen to speak to. Stewart Donald is lining up new investors The new Sunderland owner confirmed he is set to jet off to Monaco to meet a potential investor over the weekend. And he has previous history with Sartori after the 37-year-old tried to take over Oxford United - but just who is the multi-millionaire that Donald is targeting?

Who is Juan Sartori? 
Sartori was born in Montevideo, Uruguay in 1981 and went on to live in France and Switzerland during his younger years. He attended HEC - a world-renowned business school - and graduated with a degree in Business and Economics in 2002. 

What are his business interests? 
Sartori is the founder, and current president, of Union Group in Uruguay - the largest business of its kind in the country. He started the business in 2006 as a blueberry farming business and then branched out into several different forms of agriculture. The business has continued to expand and now deals with energy, forestry and real estate as well as holding interest in oil and gas. He formed Union Agriculture Group in 2008 and then sold his existing business to that new company. By that point, he had already built up $1billion worth of assets. 

Who are his connections? 
While Sartori naturally has links with Donald, perhaps the most intriguing connection of his is with a Russian billionaire. In 2015, Sartori married Ekaterina Rybolovleva, the daughter of Dmitry Rybolovlev. Rybolovlev is the owner of AS Monaco and is currently placed 242nd on the Forbes Rich List with an estimated wealth of $6.8billion. 

What is his previous history in football? 
Sartori has previously tried to take over Oxford United - where he will have dealt with Donald. The Uruguayan believed he could take the U's to the Premier League but his takeover bid was rejected by chairman Darryl Eales. Speaking to the Oxford Mail after Eales rejected his formal offer, Sartori said: “I am sad about it, but what can you do? “We worked a lot over the last three months and did due diligence, but it was Darryl’s decision to carry on at the club. "We put forward a very strong project, a very credible project. “It was a very ambitious project but we needed to buy the club to put it into action. “We wanted to go as high as possible – the Championship and Premier League. “Could we have made it? Of course. I have no doubt about it. I really think it is a great club with a great platform.”  

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-05-24, 7:02 pm

Syd I get happier every time I read your posts.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-24, 7:33 pm

gil t azell wrote:Syd I get happier every time I read your posts.
I am 100 clouds above cloud 9

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-05-25, 7:23 am

I am having trouble getting any elevation at all based on the predicted happenings due soon. An inexperienced manager albeit one with potential. the new owners going to secure funding that had been hinted at in previous interviews and a coach/scout/director of football of dubious quality based on the info in Wikipedia, is just not filling me with huge hope as I thought we already had a much bigger budget than any Div1 club.

I know it is early days but events are just not matching predictions so I will stay firmly anchored until things do start to happen, it is only a year since the guy from Aberdeen was coming.

We are not moribund and just need a lift to give us hope and I thought we had that until I read about other clubs looking at our players and the possibility of the better quality ones moving on because of agents, better offers from championship clubs etc.  I would have preferred it if the new owner had made a stronger statement about everybody stays and fights.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-05-25, 7:59 am

cyprussyd wrote:
gil t azell wrote:Syd I get happier every time I read your posts.
I am 100 clouds above cloud 9
I, erring on the side of caution am closer to the grond than you. Between happy and excited. 
Happy Short has gone
Happy Bain has hone
Happy the Coleman has gone
Wednesday morning Donald was bursting a gut telling us of agreement with a new manager, with the solicitors now wont be long he said.
It is now Friday morning and still no announcement.  
We all assume it is Ross he taĺks about.
He is, we are told flying out this weekend seeking investment, nice.
He has just binned our chief scout, and supposedly  is bringing in someone from Eastleigh. Obviously he knows the man but doesn't excite me
It's all a bit like a 5 year old in a sweetshop with a tenner in his hand, 
Am i being negative , or am i just cautious. Or just a miserable old git.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-25, 8:06 am

Well I guess its simply how we see things and I certainly can only see positives.

Donald has said he can finance things but surely if a very rich man wants to throw in a few quid we should be happy. The manager is a risk but we should know better than anyone that they all are.

Anyway after the years of suffering we have had I will continue to enjoy the positive vibes I find all around me.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2018-05-25, 8:24 am

The way I see it is our scouting over the last few years has been pants to say the least and the owner has seen this and said byeeee he obviously trusts the judgement of Richard Hill so time will tell he can’t be any worse than the last lot, the good thing is Donald is trying to generate excitement within the club and for me it’s working, give him a chance, dammed if you do dammed if you don’t
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-25, 8:37 am

paddocklad wrote:The way I see it is our scouting over the last few years has been pants to say the least and the owner has seen this and said byeeee he obviously trusts the judgement of Richard Hill so time will tell he can’t be any worse than the last lot, the good thing is Donald is trying to generate excitement within the club and for me it’s working, give him a chance, dammed if you do dammed if you don’t
Agree 110% and we all know that there are no guarantees in football but we wanted communication, a clear out and new start and excitement and hope, I see all of those things.

My problem with the I will reserve judgement approach is that I read that as I will keep quiet but at his first mistake, and he will make mistakes, I will be on his back.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-05-25, 8:40 am

cyprussyd wrote:Well I guess its simply how we see things and I certainly can only see positives.

Donald has said he can finance things but surely if a very rich man wants to throw in a few quid we should be happy. The manager is a risk but we should know better than anyone that they all are.

Anyway after the years of suffering we have had I will continue to enjoy the positive vibes I find all around me.
i am one of those that said would not return until short was gone, well he is gone and i am returning. sc ordered yesterday. so i suppose i must be feeling positive like .

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-05-25, 1:37 pm

I don't get any negativity about the situation at all. New owners, new manager, new direction, working quickly, communicating with fans. All brilliant. They're already way beyond the expectations that I had at the end of the season.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-25, 1:38 pm

Kipper wrote:I don't get any negativity about the situation at all. New owners, new manager, new direction, working quickly, communicating with fans. All brilliant. They're already way beyond the expectations that I had at the end of the season.
And new MD

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum