SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Jon McLaughlin
Today at 11:58 am by sunderpitt

» Report: Sunderland make Jermain Defoe enquiry
Today at 11:53 am by Silvers

» Speculation and anticipation..
Today at 11:41 am by Silvers

» Weekend Weather.
Today at 11:18 am by Argus

» Happy Christmas
Today at 11:09 am by oldblackcat

»  Portsmouth v Sunderland
Today at 11:02 am by Hieronymus

» Boxing day in the box
Today at 10:53 am by Vincemac

» Sunderland Til I Die
Today at 10:49 am by oldblackcat

» Its hard to blame the child
Today at 9:51 am by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Bristol Rovers
Today at 9:35 am by cyprussyd

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Silverware at last, well done

Go down

Silverware at last, well done

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-23, 5:26 pm

On Sunday, Sunderland under-15s became the third academy side of the season to receive national recognition.
Following in the footsteps of the under-13s and under-14s – who won the Premier League International Tournament earlier this year – Paul Bryson’s young Black Cats went all the way in the Floodlit Shield to round off a fine season.
Goals from Louis Watts, Ryan Bruce, Ryan Gooch and Dan Jones sealed a 4-0 win for Sunderland against Colchester United at Loughborough University.
And speaking to safc.com, lead coach Bryson hailed his side’s achievement in the East Midlands.
Paul, another fine weekend for the academy! Just talk us through what happened…
PB: “It was a great performance. We played really well and the facilities were great down there at Loughborough. The lads rose to the occasion. We were a bit cagey in the first 10 minutes. Their left back represents England and their wide right player seemed as though he was going to be a threat so we got to grips with it and after the first 10 we put in a really good performance. It was as good a performance as I’ve seen from this group all season. We have ended the season and I’m just delighted for the lads. All the lads played their part, they were dominant and we had a few chances to extend the lead further.”
What do you think this says about the academy, especially when you take into consideration the under-13s and under-14s success as well?
PB: “It is a really good crop of age groups. In the past we have had one or two but with a number of teams in our academy we seem to have a good nucleus. There are seven or eight, maybe even more, that look promising. They will create a good team and that’s how you will win games and win tournaments.”
So where do we go from here? What’s the next step for these lads?
PB: “The big thing now is that it doesn’t get easier. It gets harder. As coaches we can only keep ramming it home that it just gets harder. They need to keep focused and help them along the way. The under-15s know it is a big year next year. They can enjoy the next month but when pre-season starts they have to hit the ground running. They have got all the facilities here and psychologically we just need to get into them, keep asking them questions and keep raising the standards.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Silverware at last, well done

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-05-23, 8:57 pm

And here is me thinking that the AoL was a massive waste of money full of useless coaches  based on peoples opinions on here.!

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-23, 8:59 pm

Nostalgic wrote:And here is me thinking that the AoL was a massive waste of money full of useless coaches  based on peoples opinions on here.!
TBF we were also wrong about Short, look at all the cash he walked away with

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-05-23, 9:03 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:And here is me thinking that the AoL was a massive waste of money full of useless coaches  based on peoples opinions on here.!
Yeah but T &C's apply.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-05-24, 12:02 am

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Yeah but T &C's apply.
Opinions.....funny old world so,
These tournaments are held EVERY month in the UK & across Europe - Fact
These Tournaments/Matches are organised to allow experimentation/application of skills learned in training, end of & nothing else- Fact

How many players has AoL produced that are currently playing in the EPl ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ps. Who did they beat again to win this latest tournament  if you think there so good?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-05-24, 7:46 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Yeah but T &C's apply.
Opinions.....funny old world so,
These tournaments are held EVERY month in the UK & across Europe - Fact
These Tournaments/Matches are organised to allow experimentation/application of skills learned in training, end of & nothing else- Fact

How many players has AoL produced that are currently playing in the EPl ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ps. Who did they beat again to win this latest tournament  if you think there so good?
My we do get touchy about a tongue in cheek remarks.  Just out of interest how many of the graduates you list play for the club that developed them?

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-05-24, 10:18 am

tc1    rof rof rof

Ps. A damn site more in the EPL than SAFC

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down