SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
next game
FcTables.com
Div 1 Table
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Help For Heroes - Billy's Page
Today at 1:50 am by cyprussyd

» Latest Stewart Donald Podcast
Today at 1:17 am by cyprussyd

» Quiz 102
Today at 12:32 am by Hieronymus

» Sad News
Yesterday at 7:00 pm by cyprussyd

» Djilobodji
Yesterday at 4:44 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland receive welcome boost as creative midfield pair pledge their future to club
Yesterday at 3:31 pm by cyprussyd

» 2018/19 League
Yesterday at 12:06 pm by cyprussyd

» Fantasy football is back!!!!
Yesterday at 11:34 am by cyprussyd

» Tonights team
Yesterday at 10:59 am by cyprussyd

» That clears that up then
2018-07-17, 10:03 pm by cyprussyd


New Quiz Night at the Albert

Go down

New Quiz Night at the Albert

Post  DanielFullard on 2018-05-23, 12:24 pm

Hi guys, Hope all is well.

I am trying to get word around about a brand new Pub Quiz Night in Sunderland City Centre every Sunday Night at the Albert. Its just opposite the Post Office on Fawcett street and used to be The Vestry and Fifth Avenue.

I run the quiz, it starts at 7.30pm every Sunday and is usually done by 10. This week is going to be an especially busy one with it being bank holiday so if you are keen to come, let me know and I can reserve a table.

£70+ jackpot on the go, with cash prizes for winning the quiz and loads of beer tokens to given away.
avatar
DanielFullard
member
member

Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: New Quiz Night at the Albert

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-23, 12:38 pm

like

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45944
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New Quiz Night at the Albert

Post  DanielFullard on 2018-05-23, 1:59 pm

Thanks Smile

Format of the Quiz is -

Pictures, Entertainment, Connections, Sports, Music, Top 5 and General Knowledge.

We give away £25 for the winner, £10 for the runner up but there are also 10 pint tokens to win as spot prizes throughout the night.

The Jackpot is a rolling one, so at the moment its £75 ish on Sunday and will continue to rise until someone wins it!
avatar
DanielFullard
member
member

Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: New Quiz Night at the Albert

Post  DanielFullard on 2018-05-29, 11:28 am

There was no winner this week of the Jackpot, so we have a quadruple rollover next week with the Jackpot likely to be north of £100. With cash prizes for the main quiz and plenty of free beer to be won, make sure to get yourself down to the Albert for 7.30pm on Sunday
avatar
DanielFullard
member
member

Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: New Quiz Night at the Albert

Post  DanielFullard on 2018-06-06, 12:59 pm

To my surprise there was STILL no Jackpot winner this week so this Sunday Night we are up to £125 at least on the Jackpot!

Cash prizes and beer tokens for the main quiz. All kicks off at 7.30pm and finished by 10pm!
avatar
DanielFullard
member
member

Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: New Quiz Night at the Albert

Post  DanielFullard on 2018-06-14, 1:05 pm

Still no Jackpot winner this week, but a great crowd and a fun quiz as usual!

£130+ this week in the jackpot with the Brazil game showing throughout
avatar
DanielFullard
member
member

Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: New Quiz Night at the Albert

Post  DanielFullard on 2018-06-18, 9:08 am

Last night was another fun quiz night with only 4 points separating the top 3 teams. At one stage, 5 different teams held the lead and 6 teams went away with prizes.

More crucially, still no jackpot winner! So £150 ish next week
avatar
DanielFullard
member
member

Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: New Quiz Night at the Albert

Post  Vincemac on 2018-06-18, 10:35 am

DanielFullard wrote:Last night was another fun quiz night with only 4 points separating the top 3 teams. At one stage, 5 different teams held the lead and 6 teams went away with prizes.

More crucially, still no jackpot winner! So £150 ish next week
Do you actually ask a jackpot question.
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7119
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 66

Back to top Go down

Re: New Quiz Night at the Albert

Post  DanielFullard on 2018-06-18, 3:54 pm

Vincemac wrote:
DanielFullard wrote:Last night was another fun quiz night with only 4 points separating the top 3 teams. At one stage, 5 different teams held the lead and 6 teams went away with prizes.

More crucially, still no jackpot winner! So £150 ish next week
Do you actually ask a jackpot question.


Hi

So what happens is....I ask a question where the answer is a year, or a number etc, that people can have a sensible guess at. Whoever is closest comes to the front and is presented with 5 subjects.....they get asked 1 question, if they get it right they win the full jackpot.

If the first person fails I ask the 2nd nearest person a question for £30 ish, then so on until someone wins. Up to a maximum of 5 people. Last night for example, all 5 failed to answer and hence the entire jackpot carries over to next week
avatar
DanielFullard
member
member

Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: New Quiz Night at the Albert

Post  Vincemac on 2018-06-18, 5:26 pm

DanielFullard wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
DanielFullard wrote:Last night was another fun quiz night with only 4 points separating the top 3 teams. At one stage, 5 different teams held the lead and 6 teams went away with prizes.

More crucially, still no jackpot winner! So £150 ish next week
Do you actually ask a jackpot question.


Hi

So what happens is....I ask a question where the answer is a year, or a number etc, that people can have a sensible guess at. Whoever is closest comes to the front and is presented with 5 subjects.....they get asked 1 question, if they get it right they win the full jackpot.

If the first person fails I ask the 2nd nearest person a question for £30 ish, then so on until someone wins. Up to a maximum of 5 people. Last night for example, all 5 failed to answer and hence the entire jackpot carries over to next week
like
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7119
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 66

Back to top Go down

Re: New Quiz Night at the Albert

Post  DanielFullard on 2018-06-23, 8:26 pm

We are on this Sunday! 7 30pm until around 10pm. £150 ish in jackpot
avatar
DanielFullard
member
member

Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: New Quiz Night at the Albert

Post  DanielFullard on 2018-07-12, 10:51 am

We are on this week! 7.30pm start and around £175 in the jackpot as well as the usual array of Cash Prizes and Beer Tokens to give away!
avatar
DanielFullard
member
member

Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: New Quiz Night at the Albert

Post  DanielFullard on 2018-07-17, 9:36 am

We had our first winner of the Jackpot this week taking away £175! Jackpot resumes this week at about £60 with plenty of prizes to win during the rest of the quiz
avatar
DanielFullard
member
member

Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: New Quiz Night at the Albert

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum