SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Christmas/birthday present idea
Today at 12:15 pm by canary-dave

» Twitter
Today at 12:14 pm by cyprussyd

» Transfer update from RR
Today at 11:34 am by cyprussyd

» There will be lots of disappointed fans
Today at 11:29 am by cyprussyd

» Strong Rodwell rumours
Today at 11:03 am by Billy D

» advice to anyone renewing or buying SC
Yesterday at 7:05 pm by cyprussyd

» Kone
Yesterday at 6:43 pm by cyprussyd

» Big Bad Dong.
Yesterday at 6:33 pm by Billy D

» Players coming in
Yesterday at 3:56 pm by cyprussyd

» More class and a must view from Chuck
Yesterday at 3:32 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 2 Bots

SAFA Mackem

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Change of attitude

Go down

Change of attitude

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-23, 7:49 am

During Donalds press conference and podcast a lot was said about how the club and everyone associated with the club needed a change of attitude and I'm sure that like me you said yes, it does.

But how many of us, the fans, have struggled and maybe still are struggling with attitude?

It's easy to say we are a division one club but it's a lot harder to forget we are no longer a premiership club but our premiership days are long gone and could be for some time.

Making Bain redundant was a surprise to me, seeing him go was expected but to make the role redundant, surely not, big clubs like ours have either an MD or CeO and the owner wears a smart suit and says little, it's always been that way. 

But it is that way no more, Donald will be hands on like many first division owners, just one very visible example of our new status, our transfer activities will be the next.

Around 15 players coming in was mentioned and even with a big first division budget it won't be 15 10 mil players.

Maybe I am sounding a little negative but I dont mean to, I am excited about the future but that excitement must be based on reality and for me who we are playing, who is playing and where we are playing all come well behind how we are playing.

Whatever division we are in nothing is better than watching your team giving 100% and winning and I am expecting both, no guarantees and no easy rides just an attitude of expectation.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45505
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Change of attitude

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-05-23, 11:06 am

Many myself included were not surprised that Bane had left.. you were never convinced he was Shorts creature.. and not pushing for what the club needed from Short..
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6911
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Change of attitude

Post  oxfordshire on 2018-05-23, 11:15 am

cyprussyd wrote:During Donalds press conference and podcast a lot was said about how the club and everyone associated with the club needed a change of attitude and I'm sure that like me you said yes, it does.

But how many of us, the fans, have struggled and maybe still are struggling with attitude?

It's easy to say we are a division one club but it's a lot harder to forget we are no longer a premiership club but our premiership days are long gone and could be for some time.

Making Bain redundant was a surprise to me, seeing him go was expected but to make the role redundant, surely not, big clubs like ours have either an MD or CeO and the owner wears a smart suit and says little, it's always been that way. 

But it is that way no more, Donald will be hands on like many first division owners, just one very visible example of our new status, our transfer activities will be the next.

Around 15 players coming in was mentioned and even with a big first division budget it won't be 15 10 mil players.

Maybe I am sounding a little negative but I dont mean to, I am excited about the future but that excitement must be based on reality and for me who we are playing, who is playing and where we are playing all come well behind how we are playing.

Whatever division we are in nothing is better than watching your team giving 100% and winning and I am expecting both, no guarantees and no easy rides just an attitude of expectation.
Well for me Syd what they said made sense. We are a league one team. Objective to get to championship quick smart. Each league appears to be vastly different than the others. So act accordingly and we need to re evaluate when we get back to the championship. Then when we get back to the premiership re evaluate. One step at a time. You pay the wages of a league one team otherwise you soon go broke. By the way. No one appears to have considered sponsorship or maybe lack of it as a league one team.
avatar
oxfordshire
VIP
VIP

Posts : 144
Join date : 2014-06-03
Age : 75
Location : Melbourne Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Change of attitude

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-23, 11:45 am

sunderpitt wrote:Many myself included were not surprised that Bane had left.. you were never convinced he was Shorts creature.. and not pushing for what the club needed from Short..
What I said was

Making Bain redundant was a surprise to me, seeing him go was expected but to make the role redundant, surely not, big clubs like ours have either an MD or CeO and the owner wears a smart suit and says little, it's always been that way. 


Nothing at all to do with your obsession with creatures

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45505
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Change of attitude

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-05-23, 11:49 am

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Many myself included were not surprised that Bane had left.. you were never convinced he was Shorts creature.. and not pushing for what the club needed from Short..
What I said was

Making Bain redundant was a surprise to me, seeing him go was expected but to make the role redundant, surely not, big clubs like ours have either an MD or CeO and the owner wears a smart suit and says little, it's always been that way. 


Nothing at all to do with your obsession with creatures

So you are a creatureist Question
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6911
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Change of attitude

Post  Kipper on 2018-05-23, 12:05 pm

Don't think they need someone called a CEO with the level of involvement Donald and Metheven seem to indicate they'll have. Short was a different kettle of kippers.
avatar
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 860
Join date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Change of attitude

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-23, 12:27 pm

Kipper wrote:Don't think they need someone called a CEO with the level of involvement Donald and Metheven seem to indicate they'll have. Short was a different kettle of kippers.
Maybe we will buy shoala ameola

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45505
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Change of attitude

Post  Kipper on 2018-05-23, 12:49 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:Don't think they need someone called a CEO with the level of involvement Donald and Metheven seem to indicate they'll have. Short was a different kettle of kippers.
Maybe we will buy shoala ameola

Does Prawn Wright-Philips still play?
avatar
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 860
Join date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Change of attitude

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum