SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Forum Moderation
Today at 1:14 am by oxfordshire

» How many points?
Yesterday at 11:33 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» ALS
Yesterday at 11:19 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Maja.... Brexit II leave or remain
Yesterday at 11:01 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Sunderland Til I Die
Yesterday at 10:58 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» League Table week 17
Yesterday at 10:52 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 17
Yesterday at 10:49 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Mid week 16
Yesterday at 10:46 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Many happy returns to Mr Nostalgic
Yesterday at 10:43 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» HELP
Yesterday at 10:41 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

If it was up to you lot....................

Go down

If it was up to you lot....................

Post  Billy D on Tue May 22, 2018 5:39 pm

Who would you realistically have as manager?
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: If it was up to you lot....................

Post  Rovertsafc on Tue May 22, 2018 6:48 pm

Billy D wrote:Who would you realistically have as manager?
Deffo not Coleman had his chance and blew it.
Phillips with Stockdale
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on Tue May 22, 2018 6:53 pm

Rumour has it were after Boltons manager who I believe is a SAFC fan.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on Wed May 23, 2018 2:52 am

I am sticking with Stockdale as he has been with us for six years, Sam saw the value of him by making him head coach. he has also played in Div1, has a good record with OUR youngsters, which can be useful in persuading the current crop to stay and fight. He has as much to offer as anyone else but his involvement with the players clinches it for me.

The new owners mentioned Ball who, while popular, has not had much of a footballing role at any time lately.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Wed May 23, 2018 7:05 am

I dont have a name I favour but it would not be Stockdale, nothing against him and I hope he stays but new owners, new culture so new manager.

Cant see a Kean coming but certainly a Kean type attitude, no nonsense winner and Keans time at Ipswich concerns me on that, is he a great number two but maybe not a number one.

We all know there are no guarantees but Donald will be aware of our revolving door history and will want to stop that by getting a manager who stays and gets us to his minimum target, the playoffs.

It sounds like the usual excuse of no money or backing wont be there so the new man succeeds or fails on his ability.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on Wed May 23, 2018 7:37 am

I think it's all down to good man management same as in any walk of life.
I've had some good bosses & some who have been absolute arseholes.
There are ways & means of getting the best out of people. That's the key. Being able to do that.

There's a lad plays cricket for my local club who was also at Cardiff City.
Been given the push by Warnock as well as a few others.
He told me, 'as soon as he walked in I knew I was gone.'
I'm not gonna mention this lads name but he's ex Sunderland academy & wants to come back.
According to him, no bugger at Cardiff like Warnock at all.
He's contemplating going to Scotland like my sons mate Tommy Robson who was treat like shite at SAFC.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on Wed May 23, 2018 7:38 am

Well...I'm up for the job Very Happy ...............easier to say who I don't want..Kevin Ball..Robbie Stockdale Mad
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on Wed May 23, 2018 7:42 am

Nostalgic wrote:I am sticking with Stockdale as he has been with us for six years, Sam saw the value of him by making him head coach. he has also played in Div1, has a good record with OUR youngsters, which can be useful in persuading the current crop to stay and fight. He has as much to offer as anyone else but his involvement with the players clinches it for me.

The new owners mentioned Ball who, while popular, has not had much of a footballing role at any time lately.
Ok you are in Auckland, but even from the moon it would be obvious management and coaching were the main reason for our downfall last season. And Stockdale is the coach, and players (those that weren't injured Very Happy ) were running around like headless chickens not knowing who was doing what. Bloody hell man he is part of the problem.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Wed May 23, 2018 10:50 am

vinkel wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:I am sticking with Stockdale as he has been with us for six years, Sam saw the value of him by making him head coach. he has also played in Div1, has a good record with OUR youngsters, which can be useful in persuading the current crop to stay and fight. He has as much to offer as anyone else but his involvement with the players clinches it for me.

Ok you are in Auckland, but even from the moon it would be obvious management and coaching were the main reason for our downfall last season. And Stockdale is the coach, and players (those that weren't injured Very Happy ) were running around like headless chickens not knowing who was doing what. Bloody hell man he is part of the problem.
like V ... Many youth players have wanted out over the past three seasons silent

Ps. You missed Dickman  affraid

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on Wed May 23, 2018 11:05 am

I believe the new owners did mention him but not as the main man. More the academy and youngsters was my impression
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Wed May 23, 2018 11:08 am

Nothing wrong with Coleman... if he had £10m to spend in Jan imho we wpuld not have been relegated
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on Wed May 23, 2018 11:09 am

sunderpitt wrote:Nothing wrong with Coleman... if he had £10m to spend in Jan imho we wpuld not have been relegated
I agree with this.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Wed May 23, 2018 11:46 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
vinkel wrote:

like V ... Many youth players have wanted out over the past three seasons silent

Not like a Kiwi to miss out on dick

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on Wed May 23, 2018 12:19 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
vinkel wrote:

It's the Aussies that have the big ones  Embarassed

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Wed May 23, 2018 12:30 pm

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
vinkel wrote:

well you would know  hi hi

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Wed May 23, 2018 11:25 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
vinkel wrote:

well you would know  hi hi
Nothing from Billy......must be asleep  Razz

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on Thu May 24, 2018 12:10 am

vinkel wrote:

I have just spotted this so the response is a bit late.  My point was in keeping the players with a man they know, and whilst your point about being part of the problem may have legs, he did not have the final say on the tactics used, bearing in mind his role was to prepare the players not give them final instructions. There was two abov e him doing that.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum