SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Christmas/birthday present idea
Today at 12:15 pm by canary-dave

» Twitter
Today at 12:14 pm by cyprussyd

» Transfer update from RR
Today at 11:34 am by cyprussyd

» There will be lots of disappointed fans
Today at 11:29 am by cyprussyd

» Strong Rodwell rumours
Today at 11:03 am by Billy D

» advice to anyone renewing or buying SC
Yesterday at 7:05 pm by cyprussyd

» Kone
Yesterday at 6:43 pm by cyprussyd

» Big Bad Dong.
Yesterday at 6:33 pm by Billy D

» Players coming in
Yesterday at 3:56 pm by cyprussyd

» More class and a must view from Chuck
Yesterday at 3:32 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 2 Bots

SAFA Mackem

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Charlie Methven

Go down

Charlie Methven

Post  vinkel on 2018-05-22, 10:55 am

What are your thoughts on him, seems well spoken educated and has knowledge of football. But i have this BUT about him. 
Maybe just my suspicious mind.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Re: Charlie Methven

Post  Mackemneil on 2018-05-22, 7:43 pm

Actions speak louder than words Vinkel, let's reserve judgment until then. But, if the words are acted upon, it sounds very positive.

They have certainly acted quickly on the Bain front..
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-05-22, 8:08 pm

I have my doubts about both. I think they are chancers in it to make money. 

I do not have a problem with that in that if they sell for a profit I am assuming they have been at least moderately successful for SAFC. Where I think Mr. Methven could be very very good for SAFC is his contacts around the world. Get us back into the championship and a decent season or two and the investors will come in my opinion. 

Regardless we must have hit rock bottom and are now going to see the magic carpet soar again.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-05-22, 8:16 pm

gil t azell wrote:I have my doubts about both. I think they are chancers in it to make money. 

I do not have a problem with that in that if they sell for a profit I am assuming they have been at least moderately successful for SAFC. Where I think Mr. Methven could be very very good for SAFC is his contacts around the world. Get us back into the championship and a decent season or two and the investors will come in my opinion. 

Regardless we must have hit rock bottom and are now going to see the magic carpet soar again.
Yeh pretty much that mate
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2018-05-22, 9:06 pm

gil t azell wrote:I have my doubts about both. I think they are chancers in it to make money. 

Gil, always good to read other people's opinions, but not sure on what grounds you come to this conclusion.

Not many enter this football arena of club ownership for profit and if they do, it must be with their eyes shut. Donald, a chancer? He invested millions for his love of football in a non league side, who have had a reasonable level of success and sold it for £1 , hardly profit seeking or the actions of a chancer.

He appears to me to be an astute business man supported as you rightly say by a guy with many contacts around the world. Ok, no guarantee for success, but a whole lot better than an absent owner who made huge ill advised investments.

Let's hope things will move forward and the club , both as a business and a huge party of our community, becomes successful again. Very Happy
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum