SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» legal action
Today at 8:48 pm by Vincemac

» SIDMCFC
Today at 8:10 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Today at 7:56 pm by oldblackcat

» Am i imagining this
Today at 7:46 pm by Vincemac

» lucky lucky me
Today at 3:22 pm by Silvers

» N'Dong
Today at 3:21 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Week 8
Today at 9:53 am by Panther

» Who would have thought it
Yesterday at 6:40 pm by cyprussyd

» Soon be Saturday
Yesterday at 3:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Charlie Wyke
Yesterday at 2:55 pm by Kipper

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Everything crossed

Go down

Everything crossed

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-17, 4:04 pm

[ltr]#SAFC[/ltr] are hopeful that the change in ownership will be approved fully, by the EFL for tomorrow. Everything between Mr. Short and Mr. Donald have been agreed, and the EFL are having a final meeting with current CEO Mr. Bain and with potential new chairman Stewart Donald, tomorrow. Earlier in the week, Ellis Short and Martin Bain held a meeting with the EFL, and things now appear to be speeding up with the process.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Everything crossed

Post  vinkel on 2018-05-17, 4:07 pm

nechronicleLoad mobile navigation

• NEWS

• IN YOUR AREA

• WHAT'S ON

• BUSINESS

• NEWCASTLE UNITED

• SUNDERLAND AFC

• SPORT

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  18°

SPORT

[size=37]Prospective Sunderland owner Stewart Donald to meet EFL officials on Friday to discuss takeover[/size]

Donald requires EFL approval to complete his Sunderland takeover and he will meet with Football league executives to iron out key details

• COMMENTS

By
Sean McCormick

• 15:28, 17 MAY 2018
  • UPDATED15:29, 17 MAY 2018

Play Video

TAP TO PLAY

WATCH NEXTSunderland Manager Odds 16 may 2018

CAN SUNDERLAND MAKE SIGNINGS BEFORE THE TAKEOVER IS RESOLVED?

Get Sunderland AFC updates directly to your inbox

+ Subscribe
Prospective new Sunderland owner Stewart Donald will meet with the EFL on Friday as he looks to push through his takeover of the Black Cats.
The BBC report that the former Eastleigh owner will meet with league officials tomorrow as he ‘looks to advance his plans’ to buy the League One outfit.

ADVERTISING

inRead invented by Teads

The report claims that the meeting ‘won’t be definitive’ in his pursuit of EFL approval but it will give Donald the chance to outline details on how he plans to fund Sunderland and where he is at in terms of the sale of Eastleigh.
If his answers satisfy Football League officials then it is a huge step towards him gaining approval to take over the Black Cats.

READ MORE

• Keep the kids, ditch the experience - Sunderland fans' message to any new Black Cats manager

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Prospective new Sunderland owner Stewart Donald in the stands (Image: PA)
Donald has previously said he is confident that the takeover will be approved by the EFL. Speaking earlier this month, told BBCRadio Solent: “I’m confident that I can give Sunderland a competitive budget. It will take a bit of work.
“I can’t really comment but I have to say, I’m hopeful that I can get through the EFL process. I do white collar jobs, there’s nothing in my history that says I shouldn’t pass that.
“I’ve got the funds required to give that a go, hopefully they’ll see that as I go through the process.

READ MORE

[size=31]Sunderland's Massive Summer[/size]

“Who wouldn’t be excited about Sunderland? It’s a challenge, I can’t say anything about it other than to say that it is a big job.
“You’ve just got to live it and breathe it, and I am unbelievably excited about it. I’m more than a makeweight now as I’ve already said, which has cost me a little bit more than I expected but once you get into it you just think, ‘I’ve got to be part of this.’ “It is an unbelievable place for football. I hope it goes through because I just can’t wait.”

Stewart Donald

Last edited by vinkel on 2018-05-17, 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-17, 4:44 pm

Stewart Donald will meet with the EFL on Friday as he looks for a positive resolution to his proposed takeover of Sunderland. Donald agreed a deal to buy the club from Ellis Short over two weeks ago and has been going through the EFL Owners' and Directors' Test. Short and Sunderland are desperate for the deal to go through so that preparations for the League One campaign can begin. The Black Cats are likely to see a dramatic overhaul of their playing squad this summer, with chief executive Martin Bain already stating that around 14 new players could be needed. A pre-season schedule needs to be signed off and a new manager recruited following the departure of Chris Coleman. The EFL are likely to seek further assurances from Donald regarding his sale of Eastleigh and his funding plan for Sunderland. Earlier this week, Eastleigh released a statement saying that a deal to sell the club to existing board members had been agreed and merely required National League approval. The statement read: "Eastleigh Football Club can confirm that owner and majority shareholder Stewart Donald has agreed to sell the club to the existing board members, along with a number of senior management staff currently working for the club. "The club has been in discussion with the National League regarding the change of ownership, and we are now awaiting confirmation of their approval before matters can be concluded." Donald is set to become a majority shareholder should the deal be approved, and will take on a club that had become reliant on Short's funding to continue operating. The latest accounts for the 2016/17 season showed that he invested close to £20 million over the course of the season, with losses only increasing this season. Donald will be backed by an international consortium but is understood to be the primary investor.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-05-18, 9:37 am

Will today be a good day Smile.

Back to top Go down