SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
next game
FcTables.com
Div 1 Table
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Fwiw
Today at 10:10 pm by cyprussyd

» Fantasy football is back!!!!
Today at 8:12 pm by gil t azell

» ST MIRREN V SUNDERLAND - Pre Season Friendly
Today at 8:10 pm by gil t azell

» Glenn Loovens.
Today at 7:30 pm by cyprussyd

» Billy's Brick
Today at 5:57 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Breaking News
Today at 3:07 pm by cyprussyd

» 4 luton town tickets for sale
Today at 2:22 pm by LaySAFC

» 2018/19 League
Today at 8:27 am by cyprussyd

» We don't need to spend money
Yesterday at 5:55 pm by oldblackcat

» I know I shouldn't but
Yesterday at 2:58 pm by sunderpitt


Sunderlands new owners

Go down

Sunderlands new owners

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-14, 7:43 am

I know, I know, I know, we have to be patient, these things can't be rushed, it takes time and will be done when it's done.

But I wish they would hurry up.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45968
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderlands new owners

Post  Kipper on 2018-05-14, 9:19 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]PA Images via Getty Images
It’s been a couple of weeks now since Ellis Short agreed a deal for Stewart Donald and his consortium to takeover at Sunderland AFC, but the club have been on hold since then as they wait for the EFL to give their approval to the prospective new owners.
Thankfully that process is almost over now, with the consortium hopeful that the takeover will be given EFL approval this week.
With more information set to emerge on Tuesday, the club may finally be in new hands by the end of the week and Donald can start work on preparing for life in League One.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]PA Images via Getty Images
The first thing on Donald’s to-do list will be appointing a new manager - with Chris Wilder still the clear favourite - to replace Chris Coleman who was fired by Ellis Short shortly before the takeover was agreed due to a clause in his contract that would have seen Coleman earn an extra £1.3m should the new owners want to remove him.
The club also need to resolve the future of a number of key youngsters, with the likes of George Honeyman, Joel Asoro, Josh Maja and Lyndon Gooch all in the last year of their contracts. A squad overhaul needs to happen due to relegation, a large number of players being out of contract or leaving the club on loan and high earners needing to be moved on.
So as pre-season is only six weeks away - which will also require pre-season friendlies being arranged - the takeover being completed this week will be a much needed boost.
Donald has expressed on numerous occasions over the last few weeks on his Twitter page that he’s raring to go and is just waiting to be given the green light, and with the takeover about to reach its conclusion it’ll be interesting to see how things kick on from here - particularly tomorrow, when Donald and his team are expecting that they’ll hear some positive news from the EFL regarding their due diligence.
avatar
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 901
Join date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderlands new owners

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-14, 10:12 am

Kipper wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]PA Images via Getty Images
It’s been a couple of weeks now since Ellis Short agreed a deal for Stewart Donald and his consortium to takeover at Sunderland AFC, but the club have been on hold since then as they wait for the EFL to give their approval to the prospective new owners.
Thankfully that process is almost over now, with the consortium hopeful that the takeover will be given EFL approval this week.
With more information set to emerge on Tuesday, the club may finally be in new hands by the end of the week and Donald can start work on preparing for life in League One.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]PA Images via Getty Images
The first thing on Donald’s to-do list will be appointing a new manager - with Chris Wilder still the clear favourite - to replace Chris Coleman who was fired by Ellis Short shortly before the takeover was agreed due to a clause in his contract that would have seen Coleman earn an extra £1.3m should the new owners want to remove him.
The club also need to resolve the future of a number of key youngsters, with the likes of George Honeyman, Joel Asoro, Josh Maja and Lyndon Gooch all in the last year of their contracts. A squad overhaul needs to happen due to relegation, a large number of players being out of contract or leaving the club on loan and high earners needing to be moved on.
So as pre-season is only six weeks away - which will also require pre-season friendlies being arranged - the takeover being completed this week will be a much needed boost.
Donald has expressed on numerous occasions over the last few weeks on his Twitter page that he’s raring to go and is just waiting to be given the green light, and with the takeover about to reach its conclusion it’ll be interesting to see how things kick on from here - particularly tomorrow, when Donald and his team are expecting that they’ll hear some positive news from the EFL regarding their due diligence.
yipeee yipeee yipeee yipeee yipeee yipeee yipeee yipeee yipeee yipeee yipeee

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45968
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderlands new owners

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-14, 10:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45968
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderlands new owners

Post  Kipper on 2018-05-14, 12:49 pm

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sounds promising
avatar
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 901
Join date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderlands new owners

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-05-14, 1:37 pm

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sounds promising
It sounds great.

Be prepared though.  Once you start competing again with the clubs with more ‘istry’ than anyone else they will start slagging you off. Apparently any investment coming from an oil rich country is tainted with human right issues.

You’ll probably be able to guess the fans I’m on about, oh and don’t mention Trump and the USA as its not the same.
avatar
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 292
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderlands new owners

Post  Kipper on 2018-05-14, 3:57 pm

Eastleigh sale agreed (subject to League approval of course).
Edging closer.
avatar
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 901
Join date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderlands new owners

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-14, 4:34 pm

Kipper wrote:Eastleigh sale agreed (subject to League approval of course).
Edging closer.
like

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45968
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderlands new owners

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-05-14, 6:54 pm

Yeah  £15billion sounds about right to get a team to win Champions League  Cool
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6985
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderlands new owners

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-05-15, 3:41 am

sunderpitt wrote:Yeah  £15billion sounds about right to get a team to win Champions League  Cool
OMGosh, Is that Man Cites budget for next season  Rolling Eyes

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]            [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 9901
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 100
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderlands new owners

Post  Kipper on 2018-05-15, 2:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Sunderland AFC via Getty Images
Sources close to the club have told Roker Report this afternoon that prospective Sunderland owner Stewart Donald has received some positive messages from the EFL regarding their due dilligence, and is expecting to hear something definitive from them towards the end of this week.
Donald’s former club, Eastleigh FC, yesterday confirmed that he had agreed to sell the club to remaining board members - one of the conditions he was expected to meet in order to push through his purchase of Sunderland.
Despite the situation dragging on for a number of weeks now, the process which the EFL undertake when giving an ownership change the go ahead is often a long and drawn out one, but with all key details - such as proof of funds - provided by Donald and his team some time ago it’s understood that both the new and old owners have tried to apply pressure to the governing body in order to push through a sale as quickly as possible.
Ellis Short is incredibly keen to get the deal over the line, and has held meetings this week with the EFL in order to ensure that a resolution is met.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Photo by Gareth Copley/Getty Images
And on the manager front - whilst rumours have circulated that the new owners would prefer to adopt a ‘Director of Football’ model going forward, our sources have told us that the plans - in the short term at least - are for the club to appoint a strong leader going forward that has full control of goings on.
When a Director of Football model is adopted it often muddies the waters, and with Sunderland’s next appointment being perhaps the most important one in the club’s history it’s our understanding that the new owners are set on just having one man at the very top - and already know who they want to put in charge once they are able to do so.
The man on everybody’s lips is Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder, who is priced at 1/4 to be Chris Coleman’s replacement in the Stadium of Light hot-seat. Wilder worked previously with Stewart Donald at Oxford United and has recently refused to dismiss speculation that he’ll be the next Sunderland manager when questioned by the South Yorkshire press
avatar
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 901
Join date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderlands new owners

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-15, 3:04 pm

Kipper wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Sunderland AFC via Getty Images
Sources close to the club have told Roker Report this afternoon that prospective Sunderland owner Stewart Donald has received some positive messages from the EFL regarding their due dilligence, and is expecting to hear something definitive from them towards the end of this week.
Donald’s former club, Eastleigh FC, yesterday confirmed that he had agreed to sell the club to remaining board members - one of the conditions he was expected to meet in order to push through his purchase of Sunderland.
Despite the situation dragging on for a number of weeks now, the process which the EFL undertake when giving an ownership change the go ahead is often a long and drawn out one, but with all key details - such as proof of funds - provided by Donald and his team some time ago it’s understood that both the new and old owners have tried to apply pressure to the governing body in order to push through a sale as quickly as possible.
Ellis Short is incredibly keen to get the deal over the line, and has held meetings this week with the EFL in order to ensure that a resolution is met.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Photo by Gareth Copley/Getty Images
And on the manager front - whilst rumours have circulated that the new owners would prefer to adopt a ‘Director of Football’ model going forward, our sources have told us that the plans - in the short term at least - are for the club to appoint a strong leader going forward that has full control of goings on.
When a Director of Football model is adopted it often muddies the waters, and with Sunderland’s next appointment being perhaps the most important one in the club’s history it’s our understanding that the new owners are set on just having one man at the very top - and already know who they want to put in charge once they are able to do so.
The man on everybody’s lips is Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder, who is priced at 1/4 to be Chris Coleman’s replacement in the Stadium of Light hot-seat. Wilder worked previously with Stewart Donald at Oxford United and has recently refused to dismiss speculation that he’ll be the next Sunderland manager when questioned by the South Yorkshire press
Just read that myself Kipper and I know it's not easy being patient when you are a Sunderland fan, let downs are an everyday event for us, but.

I am excited and very hopeful about the future, not expecting miracles but a turn in fortunes yes. Lots of talking and planning will be going on behind the scenes and once rubber stamped I expect things to move quickly.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45968
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderlands new owners

Post  Kipper on 2018-05-15, 5:36 pm

Yes. Phase one of closed season - looking for ownership news.Phase 2 - looking for manager news. Phase 3 - looking for player news.
avatar
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 901
Join date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderlands new owners

Post  gil t azell on 2018-05-15, 6:38 pm

This seems to be taking an awfully long time. Bit of a panic on tbh.Will it go through or are there things going on in the background we know nothing about?
avatar
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 5200
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 58
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderlands new owners

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-15, 6:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45968
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderlands new owners

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum