SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland AFC v Wycombe Wanderers
Yesterday at 11:15 pm by Kipper

»  Walsall v Sunderland
Yesterday at 10:05 pm by gil t azell

» Pompey game
Yesterday at 11:02 am by cyprussyd

» Get your vote in
Yesterday at 9:29 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Predictions Week 15
Yesterday at 5:46 am by oldblackcat

» Craig Samson
2018-11-16, 5:53 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 117
2018-11-16, 4:46 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Checkatrade next round
2018-11-16, 2:38 pm by vinkel

» BREXIT the solution
2018-11-16, 1:37 pm by canary-dave

» Emmerdale and Corrie.
2018-11-16, 1:31 pm by Vincemac

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Will today be the day

Go down

Will today be the day

Post  vinkel on 2018-05-10, 9:17 am

I suppose we are waiting on the Eastleigh sale ratification, and that is up to the Nàtional league as ours is up to the Efl. Just how long is a piece of string? Laughing.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Re: Will today be the day

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-10, 10:14 am

vinkel wrote:I suppose we are waiting on the Eastleigh sale ratification, and that is up to the Nàtional league as ours is up to the Efl. Just how long is a piece of string? Laughing.
Alan Davies discovers that answering that question is much harder than he originally thought after visiting mathematician Marcus du Sautoy to help him find an answer. However, this creates more questions, which requires a trip to a place dedicated to measurement, the National Physics Laboratory.

Finding out the exact length of the string proves even more troublesome when Marcus proposes the string could be infinitely long, thanks to the theory of fractals. After leaving Marcus, Alan visits a physics teacher to see if measuring the string in atoms can help him find an answer. However, this means exploring Quantum Mechanics.

Alan goes to a lab to explore the theory of Quantum Mechanics in more detail to see if his string can be in two places at once, confusing him even further. Still no closer to an answer Alan is introduced to the theory that his string may have multiples lengths at the same time, all with the help of a stuffed cat. Alan doesn't believe Quantum Mechanics is important on a basic scale, but photosynthesis and the ability to smell might just change his mind.

If Alan was to find the most accurate way of measuring his string he could theoretically create a black hole. Trying to find the solution to this question has been a philosophical journey for Alan, but he still visits Marcus du Sautoy to tell him his personal answer.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-05-10, 12:25 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:I suppose we are waiting on the Eastleigh sale ratification, and that is up to the Nàtional league as ours is up to the Efl. Just how long is a piece of string? Laughing.
Alan Davies discovers that answering that question is much harder than he originally thought after visiting mathematician Marcus du Sautoy to help him find an answer. However, this creates more questions, which requires a trip to a place dedicated to measurement, the National Physics Laboratory.

Finding out the exact length of the string proves even more troublesome when Marcus proposes the string could be infinitely long, thanks to the theory of fractals. After leaving Marcus, Alan visits a physics teacher to see if measuring the string in atoms can help him find an answer. However, this means exploring Quantum Mechanics.

Alan goes to a lab to explore the theory of Quantum Mechanics in more detail to see if his string can be in two places at once, confusing him even further. Still no closer to an answer Alan is introduced to the theory that his string may have multiples lengths at the same time, all with the help of a stuffed cat. Alan doesn't believe Quantum Mechanics is important on a basic scale, but photosynthesis and the ability to smell might just change his mind.

If Alan was to find the most accurate way of measuring his string he could theoretically create a black hole. Trying to find the solution to this question has been a philosophical journey for Alan, but he still visits Marcus du Sautoy to tell him his personal answer.
So how long will that be then?
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-10, 2:03 pm

oldblackcat wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

So how long will that be then?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Lever Malone on 2018-05-10, 2:26 pm

How long is a piece of string is easy to work out. It is from one end to the other end.
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-05-10, 2:45 pm

Mr Vinkel you are getting into some complex theoretical physics there. 

String theory  (or how long is a piece of string) is calculated in 10 dimensions and then attempts are made to relate to our 4.
It involves, or so I am led to believe use of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle and may turn into the Theory of Everything.. bringing Gravity and quantum field theory together.

Eat your heart our Big Bang Theory.. Sheldon et al
.. Sundermadders are taking over from Professor Hawkins
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-13, 12:28 pm

"Hopefully be some news soon."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stewart Donald reveals Sunderland takeover 'moving on at pace' as he nears full control
Incoming Sunderland owner Stewart Donald has revealed he's hopeful of a quick conclusion in his takeover of the club.
SUNDERLANDECHO.COM

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum