SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland Til I Die
Yesterday at 10:14 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Footballers wages
Yesterday at 10:12 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Quiz 119
Yesterday at 9:34 am by Hieronymus

» Quiz 120
Yesterday at 8:55 am by oldblackcat

» another record
Yesterday at 12:20 am by oxfordshire

» Checkatrade
2018-12-09, 1:56 pm by Sid MCFC

» Team vs Stanley
2018-12-08, 8:30 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 17
2018-12-08, 7:31 am by oldblackcat

» No news is good news!
2018-12-08, 1:37 am by cyprussyd

» 40K target
2018-12-07, 1:38 pm by cyprussyd

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

More details of new owners

Go down

More details of new owners

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-08, 8:46 pm

Sunderland are not expected to appoint a new manager until the takeover is ratified by the EFL. There is no set timescale and it has already been 10 days since Ellis Short agreed a sale with Donald, with Short agreeing to wipe out the debt in the process. 

The Echo understands the takeover remains on track and Donald & Co are just awaiting EFL confirmation before pressing ahead with manager plans. In the past week Donald has registered a new company with Companies House called Madrox Partners Limited. 

It is not yet known if this will be the holding company that oversees control of Sunderland AFC but the new company’s nature of business is stated as buying and selling of own real estate, operation of sports facilities, activities of sport clubs and other sports activities. 

The formal registration of Madrox Partners Limited cited four directors – Donald, Charlie Methven, Dragon PR Limited and Cornfield Enterprises Limited. Methven, a PR expert who founded Dragon PR Limited, attended the Wolves game alongside Donald. Cornfield Enterprises Limited is described as a company involved in “silviculture and other forestry activities”. Paul Walls is one of the directors at Cornfield Enterprises and he too was present at the Wolves game. 

There is also understood to be international investment in the consortium but those details are yet to emerge. Once EFL approval is ratified, the first point of business will be to appoint a new manager. 

Wilder’s highly-publicised frustration at the ownership battle which has blighted the end of Sheffield United’s season has seen him placed as the leading contender, with Leicester City coach Michael Appleton also in the frame. Should Sunderland make a move for Wilder, Gray believes he could be the man to lead Sunderland back into the big time. “He’s got the experience of being promoted from that division,” said Gray. “I think he’ll get the best out of the players. Certainly with the recruitment at the club under the new ownership, it’s pretty rosy if everything goes to plan.” Gray added: “I think potentially, Sunderland is a massive club and if he could achieve (promotion) in his first season and take us into the Championship, with backing, then there’s no reason why Chris and his side, or my side, can’t go up again. “That’s what it’s all about, I think you’ve got to get Sunderland and put it step by step, it’s not going to happen overnight.”

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: More details of new owners

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-05-08, 10:57 pm

I hope there are no hitches..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-09, 8:43 am

Potential new Sunderland owner Stewart Donald has fronted up to some scathing online criticism by former player Lee Howey. 

Howey has taken to Twitter this week to openly doubt former Eastleigh chief Donald's credentials, question whether he has the financial backing to take the Black Cats forward as well as claim he meddled in first-team matters while in control of the National League outfit.

The ex-defender, in a series of tweets, said: "Happy bank holiday everyone but I may spoil it with new from SoL.... the consortium and Mr Donald is far from done and may not be as good as we all hoped. "We may be getting a control freak. Heard Ronnie Moore left Eastleigh as Mr Donald wanted to pick the team. "I understand that it is Mr Donald who will take over with investors to follow... If we get to Championship then Prem. Again I will stress it's only what I am hearing - lets not get carried away until this has been ratified.

" "Sorry for p***ing people off who think I'm negative but if I believe that the person taking over my/our club has no real backing but taking a chance then why not express an opinion. If I'm wrong then I have to see what's best Short or Donald then decide... I want the best.

Having had the tweets flagged up to him by eagle-eyed Sunderland fans, Donald chose to directly respond. He replied: "Everyone is entitled to their opinion tbf if that's what he thinks then fair enough. What he thinks not is not as important as what he thinks at the end of my involvement - that is when I should be judged. 

Subject to the EFL agreeing of course." Donald's deal to take control of the club from owner Ellis Short is all but agreed at this stage. The final hoop to jump through is with regards ratification of the deal by the Football League, something which is regarded as a formality. 

Donald was present at the Stadium of Light on Sunday as a Robbie Stockdale-led side hammered champions Wolves 3-0 - the club's parting act in the Championship, as they prepare for League One football next season. The potential new owner admits he was blown away by the messages of support by many fans, although he understands some may well still be sceptical. 

On Twitter, he said: "Thanks for all the messages from Sunderland. I will concentrate on the EFL approval and as soon as there is news will try and cover off as much as I can. In the meantime, thank you for the reception. Hopefully there will be news soon." "People will naturally be sceptical. No issue. 

It's my challenge to show people 
1) I care 
2) I can deliver 
3) I can understand the club and fans. 

If I'm approved I have to accept there will always be those that don't want me but I will always try and listen."

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-05-09, 9:00 am

It's SAFC - something is bound to go tits up.  Suspect Suspect Suspect
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-05-09, 10:58 am

I don't know how true it is but Madrox is made up from the first 4 letters of Madrid and the 2 from Oxford, anyone heard similarly.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-09, 5:40 pm

Learn a little more about our likely new owners ...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Red socks, pinstripes, fighting the bosses. Who is the Charlie Methven in SAFC takeover? | Salut! Sunderland
In the continuing saga of Stewart Donald’s attempt to buy Sunderland AFC, Monsieur Salut has a minor interest to declare.
SALUTSUNDERLAND.COM

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum