SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
next game
FcTables.com
Div 1 Table
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Fwiw
Today at 10:10 pm by cyprussyd

» Fantasy football is back!!!!
Today at 8:12 pm by gil t azell

» ST MIRREN V SUNDERLAND - Pre Season Friendly
Today at 8:10 pm by gil t azell

» Glenn Loovens.
Today at 7:30 pm by cyprussyd

» Billy's Brick
Today at 5:57 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Breaking News
Today at 3:07 pm by cyprussyd

» 4 luton town tickets for sale
Today at 2:22 pm by LaySAFC

» 2018/19 League
Today at 8:27 am by cyprussyd

» We don't need to spend money
Yesterday at 5:55 pm by oldblackcat

» I know I shouldn't but
Yesterday at 2:58 pm by sunderpitt


It shouldn't have been difficult

Go down

It shouldn't have been difficult

Post  vinkel on 2018-05-06, 6:37 pm

42 points would have been enough, so why didn't we achieve it. Well i think it was down to Coleman and his refusal to play attacking football until it was too late.
Easy enough to say after the horse has bolted, but i and many more were crying out for him to change his system which obviously wasn't  working. Yes i am annoyed,  feckin stottin. That a club like ours with the squad we had finished the season rock bottom.
Anyway looking forward to a Short and Coleman free future.

________________________________________________________
Today i am as young as i ever will be.
avatar
vinkel
National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Posts : 2337
Join date : 2015-02-02
Age : 67
Location : wear valley

Back to top Go down

Re: It shouldn't have been difficult

Post  barrowmackem on 2018-05-06, 7:23 pm

we should never had been relegated with the squad we had, the reason who knows but one thing i am going to put a bet on is that we go straight back as champions provided we keep our young talent.

________________________________________________________
Sunderland AFC fans, (The Special Ones)
avatar
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2400
Join date : 2014-09-29
Location : Barrow-in-Furness

Back to top Go down

Re: It shouldn't have been difficult

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-05-06, 9:06 pm

Something I have been mulling over for months is our manager changes going back some time and one of the constants on the staff has been Robbie Stockdale.  A lot of managers have come and gone in his time and he has been kept on so why not use him for the upcoming season.  Given his contact with the current squad and his time/loyalty to the club can we do better with who will come here?

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4041
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 80
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: It shouldn't have been difficult

Post  lesmac on 2018-05-06, 11:08 pm

Nostalgic wrote:Something I have been mulling over for months is our manager changes going back some time and one of the constants on the staff has been Robbie Stockdale.  A lot of managers have come and gone in his time and he has been kept on so why not use him for the upcoming season.  Given his contact with the current squad and his time/loyalty to the club can we do better with who will come here?
like like like like like like
avatar
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2697
Join date : 2012-08-03
Location : North Northumberland

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Re: It shouldn't have been difficult

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-07, 7:36 am

Nostalgic wrote:Something I have been mulling over for months is our manager changes going back some time and one of the constants on the staff has been Robbie Stockdale.  A lot of managers have come and gone in his time and he has been kept on so why not use him for the upcoming season.  Given his contact with the current squad and his time/loyalty to the club can we do better with who will come here?
If I remember rightly, not always possible these days, when Stockdale was promoted from the under 23's he was strongly tipped by the club to be a future manager.

Since then all managers have stuck with him, he speaks well, looks like a new Eddy Howe, knows the kids from his under 23 days so may be worth a shot.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45968
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: It shouldn't have been difficult

Post  vinkel on 2018-05-07, 7:39 am

Nostalgic wrote:Something I have been mulling over for months is our manager changes going back some time and one of the constants on the staff has been Robbie Stockdale.  A lot of managers have come and gone in his time and he has been kept on so why not use him for the upcoming season.  Given his contact with the current squad and his time/loyalty to the club can we do better with who will come here?
That says to me he has been part of the problem, let the new regime decide who stays and who goes.

________________________________________________________
Today i am as young as i ever will be.
avatar
vinkel
National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Posts : 2337
Join date : 2015-02-02
Age : 67
Location : wear valley

Back to top Go down

Re: It shouldn't have been difficult

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-05-07, 7:58 am

vinkel wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Something I have been mulling over for months is our manager changes going back some time and one of the constants on the staff has been Robbie Stockdale.  A lot of managers have come and gone in his time and he has been kept on so why not use him for the upcoming season.  Given his contact with the current squad and his time/loyalty to the club can we do better with who will come here?
That says to me he has been part of the problem, let the new regime decide who stays and who goes.
like

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]            [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 9901
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 100
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: It shouldn't have been difficult

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-07, 7:59 am

vinkel wrote:42 points would have been enough, so why didn't we achieve it. Well i think it was down to Coleman and his refusal to play attacking football until it was too late.
Easy enough to say after the horse has bolted, but i and many more were crying out for him to change his system which obviously wasn't  working. Yes i am annoyed,  feckin stottin. That a club like ours with the squad we had finished the season rock bottom.
Anyway looking forward to a Short and Coleman free future.
My advice for what it's worth Vinkle is let it go, all the anger in the world wont change things, we are now a first division club, Coleman is no more and we can look for all the blame we want we will still be a first division club without a manager.

I so wish everyone could have been at the Wolves game just to sample the atmosphere and feel good factor and that is nothing to do with the game or score, just the change in feeling. Everyone is sad and disappointed about the past few seasons, especially this one but we need to move on to the future. Its possible we have a lot more heartache to come because new owners dont come with magic wands but for now, this instant be happy, soak it up and enjoy it, happy is not an emotion we Sunderland fans have a lot of experience of so dont waste one moment with anger, it will change nothing.

You have had more than your fair share of hurt this year Vink so enjoy that little oasis of relief.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45968
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: It shouldn't have been difficult

Post  vinkel on 2018-05-07, 8:09 am

cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:42 points would have been enough, so why didn't we achieve it. Well i think it was down to Coleman and his refusal to play attacking football until it was too late.
Easy enough to say after the horse has bolted, but i and many more were crying out for him to change his system which obviously wasn't  working. Yes i am annoyed,  feckin stottin. That a club like ours with the squad we had finished the season rock bottom.
Anyway looking forward to a Short and Coleman free future.
My advice for what it's worth Vinkle is let it go, all the anger in the world wont change things, we are now a first division club, Coleman is no more and we can look for all the blame we want we will still be a first division club without a manager.

I so wish everyone could have been at the Wolves game just to sample the atmosphere and feel good factor and that is nothing to do with the game or score, just the change in feeling. Everyone is sad and disappointed about the past few seasons, especially this one but we need to move on to the future. Its possible we have a lot more heartache to come because new owners dont come with magic wands but for now, this instant be happy, soak it up and enjoy it, happy is not an emotion we Sunderland fans have a lot of experience of so dont waste one moment with anger, it will change nothing.

You have had more than your fair share of hurt this year Vink so enjoy that little oasis of relief.
Why do always reply with a bit of common sense.

________________________________________________________
Today i am as young as i ever will be.
avatar
vinkel
National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Posts : 2337
Join date : 2015-02-02
Age : 67
Location : wear valley

Back to top Go down

Re: It shouldn't have been difficult

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-07, 8:13 am

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:42 points would have been enough, so why didn't we achieve it. Well i think it was down to Coleman and his refusal to play attacking football until it was too late.
Easy enough to say after the horse has bolted, but i and many more were crying out for him to change his system which obviously wasn't  working. Yes i am annoyed,  feckin stottin. That a club like ours with the squad we had finished the season rock bottom.
Anyway looking forward to a Short and Coleman free future.
My advice for what it's worth Vinkle is let it go, all the anger in the world wont change things, we are now a first division club, Coleman is no more and we can look for all the blame we want we will still be a first division club without a manager.

I so wish everyone could have been at the Wolves game just to sample the atmosphere and feel good factor and that is nothing to do with the game or score, just the change in feeling. Everyone is sad and disappointed about the past few seasons, especially this one but we need to move on to the future. Its possible we have a lot more heartache to come because new owners dont come with magic wands but for now, this instant be happy, soak it up and enjoy it, happy is not an emotion we Sunderland fans have a lot of experience of so dont waste one moment with anger, it will change nothing.

You have had more than your fair share of hurt this year Vink so enjoy that little oasis of relief.
Why do always reply with a bit of common sense.
Because I am as common as muck

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45968
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: It shouldn't have been difficult

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum