SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Quiz 95
Today at 3:55 pm by cyprussyd

» Next target
Today at 3:51 pm by cyprussyd

» Well I wonder how long...........
Today at 3:08 pm by Billy D

» North East musicians
Today at 1:40 pm by Billy D

» Picture Quiz 5
Today at 12:08 pm by oldblackcat

» What odds could you have got
Today at 12:03 pm by Sid MCFC

» All set for
Today at 10:30 am by sunderpitt

» Quiz 94
Today at 10:19 am by oldblackcat

» No news is good news!
Today at 3:46 am by canary-dave

» We could have a SunderMad team
Yesterday at 10:12 pm by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

SAFA Mackem

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

This EFL scrutiny thing

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: This EFL scrutiny thing

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-03, 3:17 pm

Argus wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:I am more than pleased that Short has gone.

It is a good think that a Brit is going to be Chairman.. who has had at least lower league experience 

If he is the majority shareholder does that mean he is putting in the most cash? This could be concerning.. whilst he undoubedly a wealthy man... he is no billionaire... are the bigger financial backers willing to take a back seat?

All will be revealed in due course? When MicMac got us promoted Murray was not wealthy enough to fund us in the Premier League... Jon stead to name but one
Sunders, I think it was more a case that Bob was not prepared to gamble the club's future and that's probably down to his background as an accountant - gambling is not high up on their agenda.

I recall when we sitting in the top 2 at Christmas and everyone knew we were playing way above our station but a couple of decent additions to the squad could have made all the difference to our final position (and perhaps shaped a better future for us), but Bob wouldn't support the manager and the rest is history.

Despite this he did leave us with a nice stadium!!
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad  you obviously dont know what Sunders was before retiring but it gives an insight into cautious approach to life.  rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2018-05-03, 5:23 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Evil or Very MadEvil or Very MadEvil or Very Mad  you obviously dont know what Sunders was before retiring but it gives an insight into cautious approach to life.  rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof
No, but I think I'm getting warm!!

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-05-03, 5:25 pm

Syd defaming bean counters... is like Meghan Merkel's half brother slagging her off cos he is jealous.

I reckon what the so called shrewd businessman Short was blind to was the cost of competeting in the Premier League is at least £20m a year... 

How do you get s small fortune... have a large one and buy a football club

The Donald 'where"s your trousers' may think Sunderl and football club can get back into the Premier League and or break even/ make a profit.

This is highly unlikely

Ps Super Kev as manager
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-05-04, 3:26 pm

I was foolishly hoping this may have been resolved before the bank holiday weekend.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-05-04, 3:45 pm

Well Eastleigh has been sold so it is all systems go  like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-05-04, 4:55 pm

canary-dave wrote:Well Eastleigh has been sold so it is all systems go  like
Excellent news.  like
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Eastleigh sold

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-04, 5:56 pm

Sunderland: Prospective owner Stewart Donald agrees sale of Eastleigh
By Simon Stone
BBC Sport

• 5 hours ago

• [size=13]From the sectionSunderland[/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[size=11]Stewart Donald has invested more than £10m in Eastleigh since 2011

Prospective new Sunderland owner Stewart Donald has cleared another obstacle to his impending purchase by agreeing the sale of non-league club Eastleigh.
Donald must sell Eastleigh before he can complete his takeover of League One-bound Sunderland.
It is understood the sale will now be ratified by the National League.
Providing there are no problems, Donald could be in a position to take control at Sunderland at some point next week.
[/size]

• Donald speaks of 'spectacular' takeover chance

• Ellis Short's tenure in numbers

The news comes as Sunderland published annual accounts showing the football club's debt rose to £125.7m.
Figures show the debt of the club's parent company also rose from £137.3m to £161.7m, of which just under £91m was owed to outgoing Sunderland owner Ellis Short.
Financial details of Donald's purchase of the club have not been revealed but it is understood Short has agreed to clear the debt in order to push through the sale.
The accounts to 31 July 2017 cover Sunderland's relegation from the Premier League.
They suffered a second successive relegation this season as they finished bottom of the Championship and will play in the third tier of English football for only the second time in their history next season.
Turnover rose by £18.3m to £126.4m thanks to the new Premier League TV deal.
Sunderland also revealed their highest paid director - understood to be chief executive Martin Bain - received £1.24m.
The club reported a pre-tax loss of £9.9m, a figure which was helped by the £25m sale of England goalkeeper Jordan Pickford to Everton.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum