SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland AFC v Wycombe Wanderers
Yesterday at 11:15 pm by Kipper

»  Walsall v Sunderland
Yesterday at 10:05 pm by gil t azell

» Pompey game
Yesterday at 11:02 am by cyprussyd

» Get your vote in
Yesterday at 9:29 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Predictions Week 15
Yesterday at 5:46 am by oldblackcat

» Craig Samson
2018-11-16, 5:53 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 117
2018-11-16, 4:46 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Checkatrade next round
2018-11-16, 2:38 pm by vinkel

» BREXIT the solution
2018-11-16, 1:37 pm by canary-dave

» Emmerdale and Corrie.
2018-11-16, 1:31 pm by Vincemac

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Nowt as funny as folk

Go down

Nowt as funny as folk

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-02, 8:00 am

Keeping to my usual stir it up post I have sat back a little and read with wonder comments about our club, manager situation and change of ownership.

For a few seasons now the repeated call has been Short out and stability all overshadowed by clear out the players who have let us down.

Well its looking like we are about to get all those wishes come true! Barring an absolute cock up we have new owners, forget Mr Gray and his opinion we all know Sunderland and there is no way they would be making statements about change of owner unless 99.99% certain it's taking place.

I like most was shocked to see Coleman go but in the cold light of day Vinkle was right, he did massively under achieve and maybe new owners bringing in their man will indeed bring stability.

That leaves us with the players, Oviedo has already said he does not want to play division 1 football so that's one away and I suspect he is the first of many and with loan players going home and players coming to the end of their contracts we may not have that many to shift.

Suspicion and spectercisim go hand in hand with being a Sunderland fan but come on people, rather than look for reasons to worry why not just rejoice in wishes coming true and judge the future when the future has become the past, deeds and actions rather than doom and doubt.

My unsurprising opinion is that every Sunderland fan who can get to Sundays game should be there, not to applaud the team if they dare do a lap of honour but to welcome the new owners, wave of the players who have let us down and importantly show other players like Asoro that we are worth staying and fighting for.

I very much doubt that many who have stopped going will be there and that for me is very sad.

But to all who will be there, see you on Sunday LesMack

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Nowt as funny as folk

Post  vinkel on 2018-05-02, 9:03 am

But for a prior arrangement i would have been to the game, as i said earlier just to celebrate the change. Alas can't be. But i will be returning next season, not as a sc holder, dont do night games, but most Saturday games i expect.
Ps we sunderland supporters always seem to be waiting for something or other.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-05-02, 9:20 am

cyprussyd wrote:Keeping to my usual stir it up post I have sat back a little and read with wonder comments about our club, manager situation and change of ownership.

For a few seasons now the repeated call has been Short out and stability all overshadowed by clear out the players who have let us down.

Well its looking like we are about to get all those wishes come true! Barring an absolute cock up we have new owners, forget Mr Gray and his opinion we all know Sunderland and there is no way they would be making statements about change of owner unless 99.99% certain it's taking place.

I like most was shocked to see Coleman go but in the cold light of day Vinkle was right, he did massively under achieve and maybe new owners bringing in their man will indeed bring stability.

That leaves us with the players, Oviedo has already said he does not want to play division 1 football so that's one away and I suspect he is the first of many and with loan players going home and players coming to the end of their contracts we may not have that many to shift.

Suspicion and spectercisim go hand in hand with being a Sunderland fan but come on people, rather than look for reasons to worry why not just rejoice in wishes coming true and judge the future when the future has become the past, deeds and actions rather than doom and doubt.

My unsurprising opinion is that every Sunderland fan who can get to Sundays game should be there, not to applaud the team if they dare do a lap of honour but to welcome the new owners, wave of the players who have let us down and importantly show other players like Asoro that we are worth staying and fighting for.

I very much doubt that many who have stopped going will be there and that for me is very sad.

Couldn't agree more. Got rid of Short and the debt.What's not to like? Let's not put a downer on this.
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-05-03, 10:50 am

I will be there in ultra positive mode.. I'm looking forward to this one..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-05-21, 9:49 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Keeping to my usual stir it up post I have sat back a little and read with wonder comments about our club, manager situation and change of ownership.

I like most was shocked to see Coleman go but in the cold light of day Vinkle was right, he did massively under achieve and maybe new owners bringing in their man will indeed bring stability

Changed your mind, have you?

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-21, 10:00 pm

vinkel wrote:

I like most was shocked to see Coleman go but in the cold light of day Vinkle was right, he did massively under achieve and maybe new owners bringing in their man will indeed bring stability

No but I am very much in the new owner mould and whoever he appoints will get my full backing, not 99.9% but 100%.

I doubt it will be Coleman but if it is I will back him and TBH won't be disappointed. He did underachieve but I also liked the man and he would be judged by me on the future not the past.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-05-21, 10:26 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:

No but I am very much in the new owner mould and whoever he appoints will get my full backing, not 99.9% but 100%.

I doubt it will be Coleman but if it is I will back him and TBH won't be disappointed. He did underachieve but I also liked the man and he would be judged by me on the future not the past.
I have £230 riding on the next managerial appointment, if it's Coleman the money stays in my pocket. This would be a massive backward step. And if anyone  thinks otherwise they know sweet fa about our club.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-05-22, 2:57 am

His result record is not good but some of the performances did not deserve the resulting losses.  As said, if he is appointed we can run with it based on results in the new season, but they have to be good otherwise he will be turned on.  His acquisitions will also be a big factor along with hanging onto our current crop of seasoned and emerging youngsters.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-22, 5:31 am

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:

I have £230 riding on the next managerial appointment, if it's Coleman the money stays in my pocket. This would be a massive backward step. And if anyone  thinks otherwise they know sweet fa about our club.
Well I guess that's me told but I will take comfort from the fact I know betting on these things is a mugs game so it's a case of do I want to be an ignorant fool or a clever mug.

This ignorant fool does know that in my years of being a Sunderland fan I learnt one thing early on, "Fans all have opinions and they never all agree, it neither makes them fools or mugs, just fans with opinions".

I would gently point out Vinkle that you made your views on Coleman clear well before a ball was kicked and came over as a fan who was just waiting for him to fail, neither balanced or fair IMO.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-05-22, 8:19 am

cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:

Well I guess that's me told but I will take comfort from the fact I know betting on these things is a mugs game so it's a case of do I want to be an ignorant fool or a clever mug.

This ignorant fool does know that in my years of being a Sunderland fan I learnt one thing early on, "Fans all have opinions and they never all agree, it neither makes them fools or mugs, just fans with opinions".

I would gently point out Vinkle that you made your views on Coleman clear well before a ball was kicked and came over as a fan who was just waiting for him to fail, neither balanced or fair IMO.
I was spitting fèathers when i heard the Coleman report of his possible return, but no i never was waiting for him to fail. I have learned to wait before making judgement on anything sunderland. I may have been a tad over the top with my last remark, but my blood was still boiling at the thought of Coleman coming back, as his time here was abysmal. A while back you asked if those who had said they would not return untill Short was gone, would they now come back.
Well the £230 I mentioned was for a season card and not a bet, and i will get a season card, but only if it's not Coleman.
Ps i have even chosen a seat.

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-05-22, 8:29 am

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:

I was spitting fèathers when i heard the Coleman report of his possible return, but no i never was waiting for him to fail. I have learned to wait before making judgement on anything sunderland. I may have been a tad over the top with my last remark, but my blood was still boiling at the thought of Coleman coming back, as his time here was abysmal. A while back you asked if those who had said they would not return untill Short was gone, would they now come back.
Well the £230 I mentioned was for a season card and not a bet, and i will get a season card, but only if it's not Coleman.
Tack ne notice of Norman Cook Vinks.
He looks for bites.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-05-22, 10:09 am

Billy D wrote:
vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Tack ne notice of Norman Cook Vinks.
He looks for bites.
Watch out or Zlatan I'll slap ya down.  

Ps. Just sent off, now that was funny to watch  Laughing

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2018-05-22, 10:48 am

Responded re coalman in another post. Sd did say there would be several managers in their thoughts ahead of the coalman. My thought was they were just being polite about the question.they didn't raise the thought of bringing him back. It was put as a question to them.
oxfordshire
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum