SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland Til I Die
Yesterday at 10:14 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Footballers wages
Yesterday at 10:12 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Quiz 119
Yesterday at 9:34 am by Hieronymus

» Quiz 120
Yesterday at 8:55 am by oldblackcat

» another record
Yesterday at 12:20 am by oxfordshire

» Checkatrade
2018-12-09, 1:56 pm by Sid MCFC

» Team vs Stanley
2018-12-08, 8:30 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 17
2018-12-08, 7:31 am by oldblackcat

» No news is good news!
2018-12-08, 1:37 am by cyprussyd

» 40K target
2018-12-07, 1:38 pm by cyprussyd

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Why Stewart Donald?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why Stewart Donald?

Post  donaldfan on 2018-05-01, 10:13 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
donaldfan wrote:As an Eastleigh fan i can tell you that he is a man with passion,integrity and honesty. He would not have left his beloved Eastleigh if he didn't feel he could make a great impact and lead your club back to the Premiership where it belongs. He is more than a Chairman and often he stood on the terraces and had a beer or two with the fans on away games(although there were far fewer than you would take).
Hello Stewart Very Happy

No seriously, welcome and thank you for posting. If you have any knowledge of SAFC and our recent history you will understand our caution and even scepticism, but my goodness if this turns out well for us then Eastleigh will be my second team from now on Very Happy
I am not Stewart but i can understand your concerns. He really is someone who will listen to fans and interact with them. He also has a strong community ethos. I will expect to see you in our end at Gateshead and Hartlepool when we play them and also when we have a pre-season friendly. Very Happy
donaldfan

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Stewart Donald?

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-01, 10:19 pm

Nostalgic wrote:I am cautious about this takeover based on the information we have so far.  Donald is a stated front man for an alleged consortium and his footballing ability is based on pouring a reported ten million into a non-league club that was the equivalent of South Shields.His personal assets are reported to be less than that, so whose is it. or is it a tax dodge?

If he does take over his main experience will be based on Eastleigh and Oxford and with all due respect there is no comparison to us.  Not many can logically explain how we ended where we are but a big vision is needed to restore us quickly, otherwise we will stagnate into another backwater.  People are comparing us to Wolves and their recent history, but it has taken five years to get back into the Prem. It is either that or we go for a financially restricted build-a-team approach.

Anybody prepared for that?
Stewart Donald has been speaking again on Sunderland, finances and how excited he is at taking control of the club

SUNDERLANDECHO.COM
Stewart Donald reveals ‘competitive budget’ for new Sunderland manager and could sit with fans for Wolves game
Stewart Donald has told BBC Radio Solent that he is confident he will be granted EFL approval to take over Sunderland – and he will provide the new manager with a ‘competitive budget’.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-05-01, 10:21 pm

donaldfan wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
donaldfan wrote:As an Eastleigh fan i can tell you that he is a man with passion,integrity and honesty. He would not have left his beloved Eastleigh if he didn't feel he could make a great impact and lead your club back to the Premiership where it belongs. He is more than a Chairman and often he stood on the terraces and had a beer or two with the fans on away games(although there were far fewer than you would take).
Hello Stewart Very Happy

No seriously, welcome and thank you for posting. If you have any knowledge of SAFC and our recent history you will understand our caution and even scepticism, but my goodness if this turns out well for us then Eastleigh will be my second team from now on Very Happy
I am not Stewart but i can understand your concerns. He really is someone who will listen to fans and interact with them. He also has a strong community ethos. I will expect to see you in our end at Gateshead and Hartlepool when we play them and also when we have a pre-season friendly. Very Happy
Billy likes this post.  like
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-05-01, 11:54 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:I am cautious about this takeover based on the information we have so far.  Donald is a stated front man for an alleged consortium and his footballing ability is based on pouring a reported ten million into a non-league club that was the equivalent of South Shields.His personal assets are reported to be less than that, so whose is it. or is it a tax dodge?

If he does take over his main experience will be based on Eastleigh and Oxford and with all due respect there is no comparison to us.  Not many can logically explain how we ended where we are but a big vision is needed to restore us quickly, otherwise we will stagnate into another backwater.  People are comparing us to Wolves and their recent history, but it has taken five years to get back into the Prem. It is either that or we go for a financially restricted build-a-team approach.

Anybody prepared for that?
Stewart Donald has been speaking again on Sunderland, finances and how excited he is at taking control of the club

SUNDERLANDECHO.COM
Stewart Donald reveals ‘competitive budget’ for new Sunderland manager and could sit with fans for Wolves game
Stewart Donald has told BBC Radio Solent that he is confident he will be granted EFL approval to take over Sunderland – and he will provide the new manager with a ‘competitive budget’.
Competitive as in League 1 finance, or ruthless in our determination.

A nice play on semantics.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-05-02, 1:21 am

lesmac wrote:Argos raises a interesting point. When the takeover was announced I was delighted to say the least. However, I started to get somewhat concerned when more information became available. For example, he is simply the front man for the consortium of foreign business men, he allegedly spent £10 million trying to get Eastlleigh promoted to the lower football league, he has changed manager a few times during his tenure. During the past few days I have given the situation a lot of thought and then I remembered the guy who announced that he had taken control of Manchester United, I think when Edwards wanted to sell. After a few days of high profile publicity including this guy standing on the pitch at Old Trafford doing keep ups with a football he suddenly disappeared never to be heard of again. I hope that I am totally wrong and if I am I will return to my little dark fantasy world and promise never to have such thoughts ever again. Please, someone tell me I'm wrong.  affraid
The guy at ManU was Michael Knighton and there is plenty about about him on Google to keep you entertained about his football achievements. The fans and manager were all for him just to replace a stingey Edwards!  They did however follow his financial plan and floated on the Stock Market and the rest is history.

If he had taken ManU over they would have been where we are now.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum