SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland Til I Die
Yesterday at 10:14 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Footballers wages
Yesterday at 10:12 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Quiz 119
Yesterday at 9:34 am by Hieronymus

» Quiz 120
Yesterday at 8:55 am by oldblackcat

» another record
Yesterday at 12:20 am by oxfordshire

» Checkatrade
2018-12-09, 1:56 pm by Sid MCFC

» Team vs Stanley
2018-12-08, 8:30 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 17
2018-12-08, 7:31 am by oldblackcat

» No news is good news!
2018-12-08, 1:37 am by cyprussyd

» 40K target
2018-12-07, 1:38 pm by cyprussyd

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Takeover Latest

Go down

Takeover Latest

Post  Spuggy on 2018-04-30, 1:30 pm

Just hear Sir Mickey G on Talksport. Perhaps not as clear as some of us thought. The story may be that it's not finished.

Words like, "Ludicrous" used to describe negotiations which may be a long way from being "settled."

My interpretation is : There were 4 or 5  bidders with money on the table including local sources, but they all learnt through the media that MacDonald's lot had won . Shorty disappeared.

The backers are a USA bank / financial house with MacD' the front man. Even then, it may be that MacD will not go ahead until he sells Eastleigh. He cannot own 2 clubs and may want his £10m back invested in the minnows to buy his share in SAFC.

Everybody bidding must be worried about SAFC assets. Have the Yanks seen the accounts yet ? 

We know there may still be parachute money around, but a sticking point was definitely how much is Safc worth in the absence of Annual accounts. Hence the Kerfuffle about the Hurley land and who owns that. As an owner, you can borrow against fixed assets and if there are none or you are not told everything, How the hell do you plan, or budget, etc for a takeover and run the Club?

The history of USA owners in the UK is not too good. They do not understand "soccer" but recognise that it is going global and that their rounders and netball has had it. See Aston villa (Randy Lerner), Kronke at Arsenal, The comedians at Liverpool, Shorty at ...
Spuggy
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Takeover Latest

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-30, 2:28 pm

My experience of Sunderland with Bain at the help is that absolutely nothing is said officially until the club are certain of the outcome.

Micky Gray or the people who run Sunderland,I will stick with the official version and every man and his dog knows of the Eastleigh connection so I'm sure a way round has been found but again, time will tell.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum