SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Predictions Week 8
Today at 2:00 pm by lesmac

» Fairweather fans
Today at 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Today at 11:26 am by vinkel

» Who would have thought it
Yesterday at 8:24 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions
Yesterday at 4:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» No news is good news!
Yesterday at 4:02 pm by canary-dave

» RIP Kevin Beattie
Yesterday at 3:21 pm by Hieronymus

» Get well very soon Annette ..
Yesterday at 3:14 pm by Hieronymus

» MAJA
Yesterday at 2:57 pm by Hieronymus

» i walked past doctors surgery this morning
Yesterday at 2:55 pm by Hieronymus

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

New owners and we are debt free at last

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: New owners and we are debt free at last

Post  Kipper on 2018-04-29, 7:32 pm

Billy D wrote:
Kipper wrote:So happy we have new owners. It's what we all wanted and debt free as well - wow! The only piece of pish I can see is Coleman going but not all agree. Hope they have someone lined up. Billy - why pish for you?
I'm disappointed at The Cole Man Going.
Happy to see the arse end of Shorty though.
You know what, I'm not certain but I think you, me and Syd are in agreement. I won't shout it loud though Smile
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-04-29, 8:59 pm

Short did his best for us over the years and I am disappointed that many people are not looking at his ownership fairly. As I see it the cause of our main debt are not his making, but the various managers he has appointed over his ownership.  He backed them to his cost. When he gets the manager he wanted in Moyes we had a season from hell via the injuries.  All his fault as he should have gone out and spent more in the next transfer window and increase our debt.

For me he has been like a juggler trying to build with one hand whilst balancing a heavy debt with another.  Some weeks ago he said in an article that sponsorship was often the key to how clubs can perform financially, a week later Arsenal were said to have a two hundred million pound ten year deal with a kit company.  Our finances/his money has disappeared into players pockets and once we went last season they soon disappeared.  

As it stands we are where we are and have to get on with it, but I am not sure if the takeover group will be good for us as they have a nice fall back excuse of blaming our recent history as the cause of us having to take some nasty medicine.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-04-29, 9:18 pm

Who is the money behind Donald.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2018-04-29, 10:29 pm

Very happy with the news.
Big coincidence of previous connections with my other club oxford united who will once again play each other next season.
Not sure about losing Coleman. Was he achieving anything? Hard to say in my view. Sad we now chop and change once again. I note some speculation about Chris Wilder, a former oxford manager. We will see who we get but hopefully pronto.
oxfordshire
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-29, 10:32 pm

oxfordshire wrote:Very happy with the news.
Big coincidence of previous connections with my other club oxford united who will once again play each other next season.
Not sure about losing Coleman. Was he achieving anything? Hard to say in my view. Sad we now chop and change once again. I note some speculation about Chris Wilder, a former oxford manager. We will see who we get but hopefully pronto.
Would Wilder do a good job for us?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2018-04-30, 12:39 am

Not sure. He had good results and left because of change of ownership. New owner brought in micheal appleton who had a poor start but then came good. Left to become assistant at Leicester.
Then appointed Pep Cltet but sacked him after a few months. 2 month wait for Karl Robinson who seems to be good. Will copy and paste some interesting comments he made recently about loan players. Need to be on computer to do that.
oxfordshire
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2018-04-30, 12:54 am

cyprussyd wrote:
oxfordshire wrote:Very happy with the news.
Would Wilder do a good job for us?
Additionally on Wilder, he went to Northampton and quickly won promotion and then went to Sheffield United and seemed to be doing well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

EXPERIENCE of Sky Bet League One will be high on Karl Robinson’s list for transfer targets as the Oxford United boss looks to avoid repeating the mistakes made last summer.

The side still need one more point from the final two games to be certain of their third tier status for next season.
But following favourable midweek results involving their rivals at the bottom, United’s relegation odds have drifted out to 200/1 with one bookmaker.
With the future all-but confirmed, Robinson has been busy drawing up a list of players he is looking to recruit for next season.
And it is clear he will be taking a very different approach from predecessor Pep Clotet, whose signings last summer included half-a-dozen overseas players with no background in League One.
Five were new to England altogether, with only Ricardinho becoming a regular starter.
He said: “I’m looking for players who have been promoted and know what it takes at this level.
“I think maybe that was the problem in the summer – we recruited players who had never played in League One and they don’t know how hard it is.
“People disrespect this level – it’s as hard as it gets.
“We play more games in League One and League Two than anywhere in Europe with all the cups.”
The division has taken homegrown players on loan at United by surprise as well.
Manchester City pair Isaac Buckley-Ricketts and Ashley Smith-Brown joined in January but have slipped down the pecking order since Robinson arrived.
It will not put the former MK Dons and Charlton Athletic boss off looking this summer at the loan market, but he has a very specific requirements, which have paid off in the past.
“The loans have to be better than you can afford,” he said.
“We have a benchmark for wages and these players that you want to bring in have to be ones you can’t afford full-time.
“That should theoretically mean they’re the best players.
“I have had Stephy Mavididi, Patrick Bamford, Benik Afobe and Samir Carruthers, who is somebody I’d love to have here in the summer.”
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-04-30, 3:19 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Answers the question on Coleman going and yes I did try and tell you all.
What did you try and tell us? You said Coleman would be staying Rolling Eyes
Oh dear H, that's about all I can say, oh dear.
Really and you talk of others lack of tolerance  Sleep

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-04-30, 3:27 am

cyprussyd wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:How has Short paid off the debt??  Is this with the money for the sale of The Charlie Hurley land?? 
If he has paid off the debt why didn't he do so earlier before we got in this mess?.....something fishy here....no way I can see him  paying a 100 million debt and not wanting/getting something back
Maybe the reason he paid the debts off is because despite his mistakes he really does want what is best for Sunderland.

I will keep to my simple view on life, enjoy the change of ownership, sorry Cookie has gone but the thing that never changes is Sunderland are my club and we hopefully have exciting times ahead so I will simply enjoy.

My belief also. 

On a previous occasion when a deal was done & dusted Short pulled the plug at the 11th hour due to financial concerns going forward. Looks like he's enabled both himself & SAFC to walk away with a secured future    crawl   sunny

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum