SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Predictions Week 8
Today at 3:40 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» lucky lucky me
Yesterday at 8:56 pm by cyprussyd

» Who would have thought it
Yesterday at 6:40 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Yesterday at 5:53 pm by sunderpitt

» Soon be Saturday
Yesterday at 3:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Charlie Wyke
Yesterday at 2:55 pm by Kipper

» Fairweather fans
Yesterday at 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Yesterday at 11:26 am by vinkel

» Predictions
2018-09-19, 4:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» No news is good news!
2018-09-19, 4:02 pm by canary-dave

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

New owners and we are debt free at last

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New owners and we are debt free at last

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-29, 1:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2018-04-29, 1:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New owners and we are debt free at last

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-29, 1:19 pm

Answers the question on Coleman going and yes I did try and tell you all.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-29, 1:28 pm

Debt free and clean sweep, its what most wanted, it's what we now have so interesting times ahead.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-04-29, 1:35 pm

Bain next, just for the icing on the cake.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-29, 1:53 pm

@Jhunterchron
understand the club will be debt free when it changes hands - ie, Short will write off the money he is owed and take care of the bank loan. New owners clearly want to bring in their own manager, hence Coleman's departure. [ltr]#safc[/ltr]

[ltr]#beccasafc[/ltr]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2018-04-29, 2:01 pm

Well I got what I wanted new owners new manager.
The only thing left is who the new manager will be.
Some are saying get Allardyce,Phillips with Reidy,I don't know who the best fit will be but I think the way Coleman was sacked is that they have a manager already lined up.
Arsene Wenger is also without a club at the end of the season mmmmmmmmmmmmm tasty to say the least.
Why not aim very high Wenger likes to bring youth through and work with youth.
This job would be right up his street.
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-29, 2:02 pm

Rovertsafc wrote:Well I got what I wanted new owners new manager.
Some are saying get Allardyce,Phillips with Reidy,I don't know who the best fit will be but I think the way Coleman was sacked is that they have a manager already lined up.
Arsene Wenger is also without a club at the end of the season mmmmmmmmmmmmm tasty to say the least.
we wanted excitement and here it is.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-04-29, 2:03 pm

vinkel wrote:Bain next, just for the icing on the cake.

and Rodders
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-04-29, 2:06 pm

Rovertsafc wrote:Well I got what I wanted new owners new manager.
 The ultimate dream but cannot see him trawling round Accrington Stanley etc.

Although not the best Mick McCarthy is a no nonsense manager who would take no crap from the players.

I still fear John O'shea will get the job.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-29, 2:24 pm

PISH.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-04-29, 2:25 pm

vinkel wrote:Bain next, just for the icing on the cake.

sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-04-29, 2:29 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Answers the question on Coleman going and yes I did try and tell you all.
What did you try and tell us? You said Coleman would be staying Rolling Eyes
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2018-04-29, 3:00 pm

I have to take my hat off to Mr Short for selling the club and paying off the debt.
He obviously does care,yes he has to take the blame for a lot of things however we have had some shocking players signed by managers whom we thought would be good for us O'Neil,Poyet etc a lot of there signings were at the least abysmal and we have been stuck with them.
So for me because Short put his trust in those around him he was mis-advised(Mrs Byrne comes to mind).
So it's onwards and upwards.
FTM
KTF.
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-29, 5:03 pm

Chris Coleman has been "released from his contract" as Sunderland manager, while owner Ellis Short has confirmed he has agreed a deal to sell the club.
An "international consortium of football investors", led by Eastleigh chairman Stewart Donald, will take over Sunderland subject to EFL approval.
The Black Cats were relegated to League One after losing to Burton on 21 April, their second successive relegation.
Coleman left his job as Wales manager to replace Simon Grayson in November.
The 47-year-old guided his country to the semi-finals at Euro 2016, but is now out of work having won just five of his 29 games in charge at the Stadium of Light.

'All debts paid off'

In a statement, Short said he had paid off all debts owed by the club, leaving them "debt free for the first time since years before" his takeover in 2008.
Sunderland had been listed in Uefa's annual report as having the 13th highest debt in Europe, more than clubs including Paris St-Germain, Porto and Newcastle.
In February, Short said he would be willing to give the club away for free to a buyer willing to take on the club's debts.
"For a club with one of the best fanbases, stadium and academies in the UK to find itself in League One is unacceptable," said Donald.
"We have a carefully thought-through plan to restructure the club, make it sustainable and, with the help of the fans, to restore its sense of pride and reconnect it with the local community."
Sunderland chief executive Martin Bain last week said "being sold would be a game-changer" and that "it won't take a lot to make this club great again".

Who is Stewart Donald?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Donald said Eastleigh will "always be extremely close to my heart" after putting them up for sale
Short said he had rejected higher offers for the club to sell to Donald, who has since announced he has put Eastleigh up for sale, having owned the club though his company Bridle Insurance since November 2011.
"It is an emotional decision for me and one that I did not expect to have to make," said Donald, who has invested £10m in the Spitfires. "The football club is in the strongest financial position it has ever been in.
"While I have been unable to deliver League football, I hope the fans will reflect on my chairmanship as a positive one."
Eastleigh were promoted to the National League for the first time in their history in 2014 but have been unable to reach the English Football League - despite Donald's attempts to "buy his way out" of the division.
Donald has overseen numerous managerial comings and goings during his time as owner, with current boss Andy Hessenthaler their fifth different full-time manager since Richard Hill's departure in 2015.
The club's National League campaign came to an end on Saturday, as the Spitfires finished the season 14th in the table.

Sunderland's managerial merry-go-round

Former Fulham and Coventry City manager Coleman is the 10th permanent manager to leave the Wearsiders since Roy Keane's exit in December 2008.
His departure also means the Black Cats will be entering a new campaign with a different boss for the eighth season running.
Following the defeat by Burton, Coleman told BBC Newcastle that he hoped to remain in charge of Sunderland next season.
"I know what needs to be done and I hope I get the chance to do it," he said.
"I came to manage Sunderland, it's a great club and we're in tough times and what's happening around the corner I have no idea."
Coleman's assistant Kit Symons has also left, with the club not revealing who will lead the team for their final game of the season against champions Wolves.

Analysis

Andrew Cole, Former England, Sunderland and Manchester United striker on BBC MOTD2 Extra
"Everything is a short-term fix at Sunderland. I'm not sure what they expected of Chris Coleman when he took over before Christmas.
"He's had a lot of young players, a lot of loanees and they're in a relegation battle.
"What were they expecting from him? I'm really disappointed that he's lost his job."

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-29, 5:04 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Answers the question on Coleman going and yes I did try and tell you all.
What did you try and tell us? You said Coleman would be staying Rolling Eyes
Oh dear H, that's about all I can say, oh dear.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-04-29, 5:04 pm

How has Short paid off the debt??  Is this with the money for the sale of The Charlie Hurley land?? 
If he has paid off the debt why didn't he do so earlier before we got in this mess?.....something fishy here....no way I can see him  paying a 100 million debt and not wanting/getting something back
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-29, 5:12 pm

oldblackcat wrote:How has Short paid off the debt??  Is this with the money for the sale of The Charlie Hurley land?? 
If he has paid off the debt why didn't he do so earlier before we got in this mess?.....something fishy here....no way I can see him  paying a 100 million debt and not wanting/getting something back
Maybe the reason he paid the debts off is because despite his mistakes he really does want what is best for Sunderland.

I will keep to my simple view on life, enjoy the change of ownership, sorry Cookie has gone but the thing that never changes is Sunderland are my club and we hopefully have exciting times ahead so I will simply enjoy.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-29, 5:15 pm

"For a club with one of the best fanbases, stadium and academies in the UK to find itself in League One is unacceptable," said Donald.
"We have a carefully thought-through plan to restructure the club, make it sustainable and, with the help of the fans, to restore its sense of pride and reconnect it with the local community."
Sunderland chief executive Martin Bain last week said "being sold would be a game-changer" and that "it won't take a lot to make this club great again".

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-29, 5:18 pm

cyprussyd wrote:"For a club with one of the best fanbases, stadium and academies in the UK to find itself in League One is unacceptable," said Donald.
PISH.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-04-29, 5:22 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:"For a club with one of the best fanbases, stadium and academies in the UK to find itself in League One is unacceptable," said Donald.
PISH.
What a well thought out and insightful response

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-04-29, 5:32 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:How has Short paid off the debt??  Is this with the money for the sale of The Charlie Hurley land?? 
Maybe the reason he paid the debts off is because despite his mistakes he really does want what is best for Sunderland.

I will keep to my simple view on life, enjoy the change of ownership, sorry Cookie has gone but the thing that never changes is Sunderland are my club and we hopefully have exciting times ahead so I will simply enjoy.

Fair play if he has because he does want the best for Sunderland....just saying it's miraculous that he couldn't stump up a couple of million to keep us in the Championship but was able to pay of all the debt.
Like you I hope the change of ownership will bring good exciting times....sad about Coleman but I aim to enjoy the future with whoever is the manager or players of our team Very Happy
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-29, 6:01 pm

canary-dave wrote:
Billy D wrote:
PISH.
That is high intellect for Billy, he makes a fool,of himself on a regular basis but today is a good day for Sunderland fans, Billy is not and never has been a Sunderland fan and is on here because no bugger else will have him. I have decided, again, to simply ignore him.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-29, 6:05 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
Billy D wrote:
PISH.
That is high intellect for Billy, he makes a fool,of himself on a regular basis but today is a good day for Sunderland fans, Billy is not and never has been a Sunderland fan and is on here because no bugger else will have him. I have decided, again, to simply ignore him.
Aye whatever you sad old tw*t.
It's tattooed on my right arm Norman.
Anyhow, xxxx
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-04-29, 6:59 pm

So happy we have new owners. It's what we all wanted and debt free as well - wow! The only piece of pish I can see is Coleman going but not all agree. Hope they have someone lined up. Billy - why pish for you?
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-29, 7:26 pm

Kipper wrote:So happy we have new owners. It's what we all wanted and debt free as well - wow! The only piece of pish I can see is Coleman going but not all agree. Hope they have someone lined up. Billy - why pish for you?
I'm disappointed at The Cole Man Going.
Happy to see the arse end of Shorty though.
Stormy Normy is a wankker.
'Billy is not or ever has been a fan.'
Like he's known me all my life?
I carry scars & tattoos of my support for SAFC but laughing boy belittles those that don't go anymore.
Like he's some kind of superious being.
'Nobody else will have him.'
Is that a fact Norman?
Well the only reason I'm bothering here is because I can't get on my own site, so shove that up your shit pipe.

Last edited by Billy D on 2018-04-29, 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum