SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
next game
FcTables.com
Div 1 Table
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» George Evans Reading fans react
Today at 11:09 pm by cyprussyd

» Fwiw
Today at 10:10 pm by cyprussyd

» Fantasy football is back!!!!
Today at 8:12 pm by gil t azell

» ST MIRREN V SUNDERLAND - Pre Season Friendly
Today at 8:10 pm by gil t azell

» Glenn Loovens.
Today at 7:30 pm by cyprussyd

» Billy's Brick
Today at 5:57 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Breaking News
Today at 3:07 pm by cyprussyd

» 4 luton town tickets for sale
Today at 2:22 pm by LaySAFC

» 2018/19 League
Today at 8:27 am by cyprussyd

» We don't need to spend money
Yesterday at 5:55 pm by oldblackcat

Short and Bane aka Mr Burns and Smithers

Go down

Short and Bane aka Mr Burns and Smithers

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-04-29, 8:10 am

Any definitive news of sale/reduction of debt.. has Bane and or Short made any statement about anything lately?

The only relevant item I've read about, involves the sale of the Charlie Hurley land to a housing developer and the bank we owe money to gets the proceeds
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Re: Short and Bane aka Mr Burns and Smithers

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-04-29, 9:47 am

The latest accounts, for year ending 31st July 2017, have to be filed with Companies house 30th April 2018. Last years were filed 29th April according to the stamp, with another stamp showing 13th May so I assume when 'released' by Companies House? So probably another couple of weeks till they are out in public domain. But even then, the accounts won't tell the whole story will they? We will have to wait till this time next year for the sorry tale of this season Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-29, 1:30 pm

we are debt free

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-04-30, 3:35 am

cyprussyd wrote:we are debt free
Sounds good but has there been any announcement as to what assets we have left?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-30, 7:49 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
No and TBH I really cant say I am that bothered right now.

Yesterday for me and many many others, simple Sunderland fans who just want our club to turn round its fortunes, yesterday was a very, very good day.

After many seasons of decline and misery we got two things we had been praying for, Short out and new owners in and for me and many more that is summed up in one word, hope.

I and I am sure many others assumed that the new owners would have to tackle a massive debt, they dont and again I dont care how it was done or indeed if Short walked away with bulging pockets, yesterday was still a very good day.

We Sunderland fans are not daft, we know there are still tough times ahead, massive wage bill, division one football and the possible loss of good young talent, all that and a new manager, again but that for a Sunderland fan is not bad news, bad news was the day before when we had all that plus no hope.

So for me I am enjoying my few days of hope, looking forward not back and very much looking forward to Sunday when I say farewell to this season and welcome a new and hopefully brighter future.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Spuggy on 2018-04-30, 9:07 am

Now we have a better idea of the future subject to this, that and the other, 2 thoughts.

1.  Are we sure Banes etc., were not subject to the same management restrictions, etc from Shorty so they are perhaps not as culpable as some think ?  Only asking.

2.  IMHO, we need a clear out of the old guard - they have had repeated seasons and chances to perform and stabilise and improve things on the pitch. We know that we have survived year on year by the skin of our teeth, culminating in inevitable back to back relegations. Lessons were not learnt. Every fan saw it coming. There is no reason to think it will improve. Common sense and football are not good bedfellows. The game is all about money. We all know that. 

So many of them are not good enough. It's not just about poor management. 

We know the situation around Grotwell - radio this week said £70,000 per week. 

So my 2nd question is :  are wage reductions imposed in all other players contracts following relegation ?

I thought the kids showed lotsa promise in the last game v. Fulham. But wot do I know.
Spuggy
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-04-30, 10:08 am

Spuggy wrote:Now we have a better idea of the future subject to this, that and the other, 2 thoughts.

1.  Are we sure Banes etc., were not subject to the same management restrictions, etc from Shorty so they are perhaps not as culpable as some think ?  Only asking.

2.  IMHO, we need a clear out of the old guard - they have had repeated seasons and chances to perform and stabilise and improve things on the pitch. We know that we have survived year on year by the skin of our teeth, culminating in inevitable back to back relegations. Lessons were not learnt. Every fan saw it coming. There is no reason to think it will improve. Common sense and football are not good bedfellows. The game is all about money. We all know that. 

So many of them are not good enough. It's not just about poor management. 

We know the situation around Grotwell - radio this week said £70,000 per week. 

So my 2nd question is :  are wage reductions imposed in all other players contracts following relegation ?

I thought the kids showed lotsa promise in the last game v. Fulham. But wot do I know.

Yes i reckon you are right about a clear out of players and staff. Although i have to confess that I think Coleman would have come good. Even if he had say £10m in Jan we may have done better (or not sold Vito for a pittance)

There must be some gems in there, eg Watmore, Asro the very young lad was a sub at Fulham etc. Also some staff must be okay

Not sure about Bane, whether he is his own man or Shorts creature is the question, to which I have no certain answer. I just think if he knew football he would have got some money out of his boss in the January window, cos Short was cutting his nose to spite his face by not spending... whilst, so I am led to believe funding, the running costs shortfall, seems perverse not buy a couple of decent players especially for a decent manager like Coleman
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2018-04-30, 10:31 am

You are saying Coleman is a decent manager. On what evidence at SAFC do you base that statement. Just asking.
oxfordshire
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-04-30, 10:33 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
It sounds bloody great news,  I don’t know whether I’m correct but I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that you are still due a parachute payment of 30 odd million and surely your new owners must have pledged more money to be made available otherwise any cowboy could just walk in for nothing.

The timing of the takeover is spot on as well, new owners, new manager and hopefully a fair amount of new players or revitalised ones all in plenty of time for pre season etc.
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2018-04-30, 10:37 am

There is still the reputed monthly shortfall of 3 million pounds per month which may well increase in league one where surely income will decrease especially sponsorship.
oxfordshire
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-30, 11:08 am

The monthly shortfall will decrease now that the debt interest payments are gone but yes, we will still be running at a loss mainly due to a hefty wage bill.

I suspect we will see some major surgery with many high earners either taking a big cut or be moved out, easier said than done.
Hopefully our younger players will stay but then again if they want out they could go.

We all wanted change and I'm sure we all want a stable club moving up not down, it wont be quick or easy but it could be successful.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum