SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Predictions Week 8
Today at 2:00 pm by lesmac

» Fairweather fans
Today at 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Today at 11:26 am by vinkel

» Who would have thought it
Yesterday at 8:24 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions
Yesterday at 4:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» No news is good news!
Yesterday at 4:02 pm by canary-dave

» RIP Kevin Beattie
Yesterday at 3:21 pm by Hieronymus

» Get well very soon Annette ..
Yesterday at 3:14 pm by Hieronymus

» MAJA
Yesterday at 2:57 pm by Hieronymus

» i walked past doctors surgery this morning
Yesterday at 2:55 pm by Hieronymus

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Party Time--Sunderland v Wolves

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Party Time--Sunderland v Wolves

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-27, 10:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2018-04-29, 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Party Time--Sunderland v Wolves

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-27, 10:41 pm

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-27, 11:46 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
like like
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-04-28, 7:08 am

I expect everyone to be wearing black for the occasion
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-28, 10:00 am

When my father got made redundant from RHP, a factory that employed 3'500 men & women they all had a piss up at the Three Horseshoes pub in Greencroft.
Maybe laughing boy up a height there has a point.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-04-28, 12:07 pm

More like a wake than a party. A celebration after a sad demise, with people who remember the good times with fading memories, and  who mourn what once was, knowing nothing will ever be the same again.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-28, 2:16 pm

Hieronymus wrote:More like a wake than a party. A celebration after a sad demise, with people who remember the good times with fading memories, and  who mourn what once was, knowing nothing will ever be the same again.
And in that one post we see the difference in mentality between us H.

I remember the few good times and many bad but whatever times we are in it's still Sunderland, it's still my club and its still party time.

A time to bring a poor season to an end and say farewell and good riddance to players who often tried but always failed. 
A time to celebrate that the club may be on its knees but it is still here, still alive and hopefully better times are ahead.
A time to look forward not back, we learn from the past but wallowing in it is fruitless and pointless.
A time to spend with fellow fans who I have laughed, cried and simple shook my head with before we do it all again in August.

I hope you are right and that nothing will be the same again, instead of defeat we will see victory and a reborn club.

Many have walked away, more will follow but, and its an important but, so far 16,000 have bought or renewed season cards and its those who will ensure we rise again, when, who knows but when we do I will be there, god willing, to enjoy it.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-28, 3:04 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:More like a wake than a party. A celebration after a sad demise, with people who remember the good times with fading memories, and  who mourn what once was, knowing nothing will ever be the same again.

I remember the few good times and many bad but whatever times we are in it's still Sunderland, it's still my club and its still party time.

A time to bring a poor season to an end and say farewell and good riddance to players who often tried but always failed. 
A time to celebrate that the club may be on its knees but it is still here, still alive and hopefully better times are ahead.
A time to look forward not back, we learn from the past but wallowing in it is fruitless and pointless.
A time to spend with fellow fans who I have laughed, cried and simple shook my head with before we do it all again in August.

I hope you are right and that nothing will be the same again, instead of defeat we will see victory and a reborn club.

Many have walked away, more will follow but, and its an important but, so far 16,000 have bought or renewed season cards and its those who will ensure we rise again, when, who knows but when we do I will be there, god willing, to enjoy it.
Not being funny Syd but can I just ask.
Would you still go if we started tumbling down the none league system?
Say we ended up in the Wearside League for example?
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-28, 3:14 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I dont see that happening but probably yes, can only take it season by season though. I am sure that I would be all in or all out so if I had had enough then I suspect I would have had enough.

For me I have enough things in my life to be sad, unhappy and even mad about so dont need any more. Sunderland for me, right now are my team who I support and that means going to games and supporting. If I no longer wanted to go to games would I still support, hand on heart, not sure. I find listening on the radio a very poor second best, can't do away games so radio it must be, only health would stop me going to home games.

Along with the other 16,000 I can give no sensible reason for still going, its hardly a pleasure but go I do.

I guess we all have our breaking point and if mine comes I think I would just find something else to do on match days.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-28, 3:34 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I dont see that happening but probably yes, can only take it season by season though. I am sure that I would be all in or all out so if I had had enough then I suspect I would have had enough.

For me I have enough things in my life to be sad, unhappy and even mad about so dont need any more. Sunderland for me, right now are my team who I support and that means going to games and supporting. If I no longer wanted to go to games would I still support, hand on heart, not sure. I find listening on the radio a very poor second best, can't do away games so radio it must be, only health would stop me going to home games.

Along with the other 16,000 I can give no sensible reason for still going, its hardly a pleasure but go I do.

I guess we all have our breaking point and if mine comes I think I would just find something else to do on match days.
That's a very good answer & I admire your resilience.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-28, 3:48 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

We all have someone dafter who we dont understand,for me its my bus mate Ash. Lat 60's, cant drive but goes to every home and away game and under 23 games, he cant understand why I dont and I have no idea why he does.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-28, 3:54 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

We all have someone dafter who we dont understand,for me its my bus mate Ash. Lat 60's, cant drive but goes to every home and away game and under 23 games, he cant understand why I dont and I have no idea why he does.
Yes indeed.
I never expected Jerry & Nick to renew but renew they have.
Had to shift seats too.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-29, 9:40 pm

I repeat..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-30, 8:28 pm

Sunderland AFC can confirm Robbie Stockdale will take charge of the club’s final Sky Bet Championship game of the season.
The coach will also oversee the first-team’s preparations ahead of the game against Wolverhampton Wanderers following Chris Coleman’s departure.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-03, 8:54 am

I'm looking forward immensely to this game and we may even get a bit of a tan if the forecast is correct.

Play well and win and I will enjoy with not a thought of why could you not do that before.
Loss and I will enjoy the fact that I will never have to watch this lot again.

BUT THE BIG, BIG PLUS is that no negative talk but all happy positive talk of new owners and a new brighter future, well apart from Les.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-05-03, 10:42 am

Are you coming for a pre match pint like Syd? I have turned down the chance of earning over £300.00 to attend this match, so I do intend to enjoy the day..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-05-03, 8:27 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Sunderland AFC can confirm Robbie Stockdale will take charge of the club’s final Sky Bet Championship game of the season.
The coach will also oversee the first-team’s preparations ahead of the game against Wolverhampton Wanderers following Chris Coleman’s departure.
rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof

Make sure you have a few Syd.  pint

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-03, 9:27 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Sunderland AFC can confirm Robbie Stockdale will take charge of the club’s final Sky Bet Championship game of the season.

Don't have any

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-05-04, 8:31 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Don't have any
tea   Very Happy

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-04, 8:44 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Don't have any
tea   Very Happy
Sadly two problems stop me from going to the pub. My old legs cant do the walk so I stay on the bus until we park up at the ground and I dont really drink and if I did I wouldn't because my old bladder does not like it so I would not be spending a day at the football but spending the day in the toilet.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-04, 11:26 pm

Sunderland will be without several first-team players for their final game of the 2017-18 season.
Lee Cattermole and Aiden McGeady missed the trip to Fulham and have once again been ruled out, with Billy Jones also unavailable for the Stadium of Light match-up with Wolves.
Bryan Oviedo is back in training, though, and despite picking up a knock at Craven Cottage, George Honeyman is ‘desperate’ to play according to Robbie Stockdale.
Speaking to safc.com, the coach also revealed that a number of youth players will once again be involved.
“I’ve got quite an extensive injury list at the minute so we’ll review that in the morning,” said Stockdale.
“In the game at Fulham we lost Billy Jones and he’ll be unavailable, and George Honeyman took a nasty knock but he’s desperate to play so I’ll speak to him tomorrow.”
He continued: “Lee Cattermole and Aiden McGeady are both out.
“I think we have Bryan Oviedo back in the squad, but other than that it’s more or less the same squad.
“Luke Molyneux has been training with the group and he travelled to Fulham, as did Elliot Embleton, and Denver Hume has also been training with us.
“Bali [Mumba] was on the bench last Friday night and a lot of the young players are playing at the minute, so we can’t go much younger as we’ll be in primary school.
“But the exposure the young players have had this year, even though the ultimate end isn’t positive, will do them the world of good and I’ve been really proud to see them come through and play.
“I know they’re good players because I’ve had them at under-18 and under-21 level, but the biggest thing I can think of, which is the real stamp of quality, is they’ve never shirked it and they’ve never hidden away.
“They’ve been an example to the younger players within the academy, and to some of the senior players as well, so I’ll be asking them to do that one more time.”
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-05-05, 4:03 am

Someone called Molyneux v Wolves, I can see a fairytale there.

Good luck my Mackem friends!  like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-05, 8:06 am

Sh, keep this to yourselves, dont want to jinx it but, this could be a short sleeve, sun drenched, summer type game where we dont all freeze to death.

Then again it is Sunderland so dress for snow.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-05-05, 9:33 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Don't have any
tea   Very Happy
Sadly two problems stop me from going to the pub. My old legs cant do the walk so I stay on the bus until we park up at the ground and I dont really drink and if I did I wouldn't because my old bladder does not like it so I would not be spending a day at the football but spending the day in the toilet.
Bit like me
But I’m quick
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-05, 12:02 pm

Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Don't have any
tea   Very Happy
Bit like me
But I’m quick
Yes, Pauline told me in a frustrated way

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum