SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
next game
FcTables.com
Div 1 Table
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» George Evans Reading fans react
Today at 11:09 pm by cyprussyd

» Fwiw
Today at 10:10 pm by cyprussyd

» Fantasy football is back!!!!
Today at 8:12 pm by gil t azell

» ST MIRREN V SUNDERLAND - Pre Season Friendly
Today at 8:10 pm by gil t azell

» Glenn Loovens.
Today at 7:30 pm by cyprussyd

» Billy's Brick
Today at 5:57 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Breaking News
Today at 3:07 pm by cyprussyd

» 4 luton town tickets for sale
Today at 2:22 pm by LaySAFC

» 2018/19 League
Today at 8:27 am by cyprussyd

» We don't need to spend money
Yesterday at 5:55 pm by oldblackcat

Anyone seen Jack Rodwell

Go down

Anyone seen Jack Rodwell

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-26, 12:54 pm

Sunderland manager Chris Coleman says he "doesn't know" where want-away midfielder Jack Rodwell is.

The already-relegated Black Cats travel to promotion-chasing Fulham in the Championship on Friday, but long-term absentee Rodwell will not feature.
The Everton and Manchester City midfielder, 27, is reportedly on £70,000-a-week at the Stadium of Light.
"I don't even know where Jack is, to be honest with you," Coleman said. "So no, he won't be involved [at Fulham]."
England international Rodwell has not made a senior appearance for Sunderland since September and has asked to leave the club he joined for £10m from Man City in August 2014.
His current deal, set to expire in the summer of 2019, does not include Sunderland's usual 40% wage reduction clause following relegation.

"If there was a sniff of a first-team appearance, I'm not sure he'd be 100% fit for it," Coleman said.
Rodwell has made only 53 starts for the Black Cats, with only three league appearances coming this season.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen Jack Rodwell

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-04-26, 3:37 pm

He has since clarified he meant he did not know where Rodwell was mentally. It is a shocking state of affairs mind Crying or Very sad

Jack Rodwell: Chris Coleman 'does not know where Sunderland midfielder is'

Sunderland manager Chris Coleman says he "doesn't know" where want-away midfielder Jack Rodwell is mentally.

The already-relegated Black Cats travel to promotion-chasing Fulham in the Championship on Friday, but long-term absentee Rodwell will not feature.
"I don't even know where Jack is, to be honest with you. So no, he won't be involved [at Fulham]," Coleman said.
Afterwards, Coleman clarified that he was referring to Rodwell's mental state rather than his whereabouts.
The former Everton and Manchester City midfielder, 27, reportedly earning £70,000-a-week at the Stadium of Light, is training with Sunderland's under-23 squad.

Analysis

Nick Barnes, BBC Radio Newcastle
Coleman is saying he knows where Rodwell is physically, but mentally he has no idea what is going on with him.
The situation remains as was - Rodwell is under contract, training with the under-23 side, and is set to be earning £43,000-a-week in League One next season when his deferred wage cut from this term kicks in. That is, unless something happens in the summer.

'Where's he going to leave and go to?'

Rodwell has not made a senior appearance for Sunderland since September and has asked to leave the club he joined for £10m from Manchester City in August 2014.
Sunderland offered to tear up his contract earlier this season, but Rodwell decided to stay.
His current deal, set to expire in the summer of 2019, does not include Sunderland's usual 40% wage reduction clause following relegation.
In a newspaper interview in January, Rodwell insisted he was fit and available for selection and said it would be "unfair" to ask him to walk away from a lucrative contract, but Coleman believes he does not want to play for Sunderland again.
The former Wales boss added: "I'm quite sure we've gone down the legal route of that situation, and we're stuck with a player that doesn't want to play for Sunderland Football Club and wants to leave.
"But then where's he going to leave and go to? There's the conundrum."
Rodwell has made only 53 starts for the Black Cats, with only three league appearances coming this season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-26, 10:42 pm

Wouldn't bother me if he got hit by a bin truck.
Biggest waste of space we've ever had.
Nothing but a leech.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2018-04-27, 3:59 am

Billy D wrote:Wouldn't bother me if he got hit by a bin truck.
Biggest waste of space we've ever had.
Nothing but a leech.
Bring him on as a sub. Make him do something. Who knows he may attract someone. Let him go for nothing and pay most o fhis wages for the year until the end of his contract.
We have to pay him anyway.
oxfordshire
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-04-27, 4:02 am

I'm sure I saw him working in a chip shop in Rochdale, working alongside Elvis!   Laughing

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2018-04-27, 4:05 am

canary-dave wrote:I'm sure I saw him working in a chip shop in Rochdale, working alongside Elvis!   Laughing
can't you sleep Dave?
oxfordshire
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-04-27, 4:18 am

oxfordshire wrote:
canary-dave wrote:I'm sure I saw him working in a chip shop in Rochdale, working alongside Elvis!   Laughing
can't you sleep Dave?

I have had a very good sleep thank you sir, early to bed, early to rise and all that.  Laughing

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum