SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland Til I Die
Today at 11:36 am by Hieronymus

» Quiz 119
Today at 9:34 am by Hieronymus

» Quiz 120
Today at 8:55 am by oldblackcat

» another record
Today at 12:20 am by oxfordshire

» Checkatrade
Yesterday at 1:56 pm by Sid MCFC

» Team vs Stanley
2018-12-08, 8:30 pm by Kipper

» Footballers wages
2018-12-08, 12:35 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 17
2018-12-08, 7:31 am by oldblackcat

» No news is good news!
2018-12-08, 1:37 am by cyprussyd

» 40K target
2018-12-07, 1:38 pm by cyprussyd

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

takeover latest

Go down

takeover latest

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-23, 9:18 pm

Ex-Leeds United, Hull City and Derby County director Adam Pearson has been linked with a potential Sunderland takeover. A report in national title the Sun claims Pearson will head up a consortium eyeing a bid to wrestle control of the League One-bound Black Cats from wantaway owner Ellis Short. Pearson is a seasoned operator in sporting circles having been involved in the boardroom at Elland Road, down at Derby as well as holding high profile positions at Sheffield Wednesday and Hull City and Rugby League outfit Hull FC. The Sun report claims Pearson and his team have approached American Short, who has bore the brunt of fans anger in recent times, with view to buying the Stadium of Light outfit. It is also claimed they are one of TWO live bidders for the club, the other which is said to be a local consortium. Any new owner would have take on Sunderland's considerable debt to the bank, but Billionaire Short is said to be offering to waive any money owed to him since taking over in 2008.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: takeover latest

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-23, 9:20 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Ex-Leeds United, Hull City and Derby County director Adam Pearson has been linked with a potential Sunderland takeover. A report in national title the Sun claims Pearson will head up a consortium eyeing a bid to wrestle control of the League One-bound Black Cats from wantaway owner Ellis Short. Pearson is a seasoned operator in sporting circles having been involved in the boardroom at Elland Road, down at Derby as well as holding high profile positions at Sheffield Wednesday and Hull City and Rugby League outfit Hull FC. The Sun report claims Pearson and his team have approached American Short, who has bore the brunt of fans anger in recent times, with view to buying the Stadium of Light outfit. It is also claimed they are one of TWO live bidders for the club, the other which is said to be a local consortium. Any new owner would have take on Sunderland's considerable debt to the bank, but Billionaire Short is said to be offering to waive any money owed to him since taking over in 2008.

Oh well, beggars can't be choosers I suppose.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-04-23, 11:47 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Ex-Leeds United, Hull City and Derby County director Adam Pearson has been linked with a potential Sunderland takeover. A report in national title the Sun claims Pearson will head up a consortium eyeing a bid to wrestle control of the League One-bound Black Cats from wantaway owner Ellis Short. Pearson is a seasoned operator in sporting circles having been involved in the boardroom at Elland Road, down at Derby as well as holding high profile positions at Sheffield Wednesday and Hull City and Rugby League outfit Hull FC. The Sun report claims Pearson and his team have approached American Short, who has bore the brunt of fans anger in recent times, with view to buying the Stadium of Light outfit. It is also claimed they are one of TWO live bidders for the club, the other which is said to be a local consortium. Any new owner would have take on Sunderland's considerable debt to the bank, but Billionaire Short is said to be offering to waive any money owed to him since taking over in 2008.

Even less info than the US one weeks back...poor journalislum.

Ps. Thanks for posting though Syd  Very Happy

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-24, 7:11 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Billy D wrote:

I'm afraid that when you are a mushroom sitting in the dark waiting for a ray of sunshine you grab any bit of hope you can.

The strong ITK story is a buy it of short with Short staying for 2 years committed to service the debt and running costs but no longer owner. That would allow the new owners to spend their cash in developing the team, transfer funds and other team developments.

Like everything else right now none of us know the truth so we piece together all the bits and hope we can find some truth in there.

I do however believe that behind all the stories new owners will be in place at season end, we will soon know.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-04-24, 7:44 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Billy D wrote:

I'm afraid that when you are a mushroom sitting in the dark waiting for a ray of sunshine you grab any bit of hope you can.

The strong ITK story is a buy it of short with Short staying for 2 years committed to service the debt and running costs but no longer owner. That would allow the new owners to spend their cash in developing the team, transfer funds and other team developments.

Like everything else right now none of us know the truth so we piece together all the bits and hope we can find some truth in there.

I do however believe that behind all the stories new owners will be in place at season end, we will soon know
If this doesn't come off Syd, we will come to your house one night and paint it black and white stripes  Wink

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-24, 7:51 am

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Billy D wrote:

I do however believe that behind all the stories new owners will be in place at season end, we will soon know
If this doesn't come off Syd, we will come to your house one night and paint it black and white stripes  Wink
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-04-24, 9:23 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:Even less info than the US one weeks back...poor journalislum.

I do however believe that behind all the stories new owners will be in place at season end, we will soon know.
I think that dovetails the US article about his options Crying or Very sad

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-04-24, 1:47 pm

From BBC:

A consortium including former Hull City owner Adam Pearson has ended its interest in buying Sunderland.
Discussions had taken place about the potential for buying the Black Cats, who have been relegated to League One.
However, the consortium opted not to take the matter further.
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-04-24, 2:02 pm

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Billy D wrote:

Ohh dear
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-24, 2:24 pm

Kipper wrote:From BBC:

A consortium including former Hull City owner Adam Pearson has ended its interest in buying Sunderland.
Discussions had taken place about the potential for buying the Black Cats, who have been relegated to League One.
another one bites the dust

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-04-25, 9:04 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:From BBC:

another one bites the dust
& another one down....  Sleep

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum