SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Today at 5:53 pm by sunderpitt

» Soon be Saturday
Today at 3:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Charlie Wyke
Today at 2:55 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 8
Today at 2:00 pm by lesmac

» Fairweather fans
Today at 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Today at 11:26 am by vinkel

» Who would have thought it
Yesterday at 8:24 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions
Yesterday at 4:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» No news is good news!
Yesterday at 4:02 pm by canary-dave

» RIP Kevin Beattie
Yesterday at 3:21 pm by Hieronymus

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Windrush scandal

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Windrush scandal

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-24, 1:29 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Stop Fighting and get back to talking about football then we can all bask in our clubs undoubted glory.

On seconds thoughts, whats everyones view on God?
Views on God you say?
Well I'm somewhere between agnostic & atheist so don't really believe there is such a thing.
No one will know for sure until they're dead.

But if there is such a thing then I think he's a bit of a tw*t.
I mean he rapes some young virgin lass whose husband hasn't even shagged her.
Has an illegitimate son who he allows to be murdered.
Tried to wipe out mankind with the great flood.
Casts you into hell if you don't believe.
But he loves you.
What happens if the devil wont let you in either?
Does it just leave you in some state of limbo?

No, for me the bible is the biggest fairy story ever.
None of it is believable except for Jesus turning water into wine.
The stewardess at my local seems to be able to do it in reverse.
Jesus rose from the dead so how did he die the second time?
Anyone explain that to me?
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-24, 1:33 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Stop Fighting and get back to talking about football then we can all bask in our clubs undoubted glory.

Views on God you say?
Well I'm somewhere between agnostic & atheist so don't really believe there is such a thing.
No one will know for sure until they're dead.

But if there is such a thing then I think he's a bit of a tw*t.
I mean he rapes some young virgin lass whose husband hasn't even shagged her.
Has an illegitimate son who he allows to be murdered.
Tried to wipe out mankind with the great flood.
Casts you into hell if you don't believe.
But he loves you.
What happens if the devil wont let you in either?
Does it just leave you in some state of limbo?

No, for me the bible is the biggest fairy story ever.
None of it is believable except for Jesus turning water into wine.
The stewardess at my local seems to be able to do it in reverse.
Jesus rose from the dead so how did he die the second time?
Anyone explain that to me?
You become a Newcastle fan

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-04-24, 3:31 pm

What position does he play?

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-24, 3:31 pm

The Home Office is facing fresh anger over the Windrush scandal after "heartbreaking" new cases emerged.
Labour MP David Lammy, a prominent figure in exposing the fiasco, reported that his office had received six further cases before midday on Tuesday.
In one, a man who arrived as a boy from Jamaica in 1964 was warned he faces removal from the UK despite having official paperwork dating back decades.
Writing on Twitter, Mr Lammy said: "I am disgusted and appalled by the case I have just received.
"My constituent arrived from Jamaica in 1964 aged 6. He has shown me his letter from the Home Office telling him that he will be deported despite having a National Insurance card from 1974 & NHS documentation from 1964."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

David Lammy

✔️@DavidLammy

4h
Replying to @DavidLammy

[ltr]Home Secretary @AmberRuddHR Immigration Minister @carolinenokes you must sort this today. Why is my constituent being treated like an illegal immigrant despite providing documentation from 1964? This is an outrageous miscarriage of justice. Grant him his citizenship and passport.[/ltr]

David Lammy

✔️@DavidLammy

[ltr]I have heard from 6 constituents already this morning with Windrush cases and it is not even lunchtime. Each individual case is a shocking indictment of this government and heartbreakingly sad. The scale of this crisis is unfathomable.[/ltr]

11:59 AM - Apr 24, 2018

•  4343 Replies

•  660660 Retweets

•  1,2281,228 likes

[ltr]
Twitter Ads info and privacy[/ltr]

Mr Lammy posted an image of a "notice of removal" letter which tells the recipient they are a "person with no leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom".
It adds: "You are specifically considered a person who has been unable to show evidence of lawful entry because you cannot produce the passport on which you claim to have entered the UK."
Mr Lammy called on Home Secretary Amber Rudd and immigration minister Caroline Nokes to "sort this today".
He added: "Why is my constituent being treated like an illegal immigrant despite providing documentation from 1964?
"This is an outrageous miscarriage of justice. Grant him his citizenship and passport."
The MP for Tottenham said he had had six Windrush cases come in and "it is only half past 11".
Mr Lammy said: "Each case is heartbreaking and an utterly shameful indictment of this government. The scale of this crisis is absolutely unfathomable."
Controversy erupted after it emerged long-term residents who settled in the UK from the late 1940s to the early 1970s had wrongly been identified as illegal immigrants.

Home Secretary Amber Rudd has come under pressure over the Windrush scandal (PA)
Ministers faced a furious backlash over the treatment of the Windrush generation - named after the first ship that brought them to Britain in 1948.
People who had arrived in the UK before 1973 were automatically granted indefinite leave to remain but the Home Office did not keep a record of those allowed to stay or any documentation confirming their status.
While many of those who arrived have taken British citizenship or have official documents proving their status, others have struggled to source paperwork demonstrating they are lawfully resident.
On Monday Ms Rudd announced an emergency package of measures designed to resolve the crisis.
Under the plans, thousands of people who arrived from the Commonwealth will be offered the chance to obtain British citizenship free of charge and without the requirement to take language tests.
A major exercise has been launched to check no-one has been wrongly deported and the Home Office is preparing a compensation scheme for those affected by the failings.
Ms Rudd will be questioned about the scandal by MPs on the Commons Home Affairs Committee on Wednesday.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-04-24, 4:13 pm

God is that the tall blond beautiful woman we men get if we die for her cause 

Or am I mixing things up?

Ps May and her home secretary should both resign over this Windrush racism
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-24, 4:21 pm

sunderpitt wrote:

For many, many years I thought I was God, all the ladies would say,"God you are good" during sex.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-04-24, 4:25 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:

For many, many years I thought I was God, all the ladies would say,"God you are good" during sex.
And then you woke up Laughing
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-24, 5:12 pm

cyprussyd wrote:The Home Office is facing fresh anger over the Windrush scandal after "heartbreaking" new cases emerged.
Labour MP David Lammy, a prominent figure in exposing the fiasco, reported that his office had received six further cases before midday on Tuesday.
In one, a man who arrived as a boy from Jamaica in 1964 was warned he faces removal from the UK despite having official paperwork dating back decades.
Writing on Twitter, Mr Lammy said: "I am disgusted and appalled by the case I have just received.
"My constituent arrived from Jamaica in 1964 aged 6. He has shown me his letter from the Home Office telling him that he will be deported despite having a National Insurance card from 1974 & NHS documentation from 1964."

David Lammy

✔️@DavidLammy

4h
Replying to @DavidLammy

[ltr]Home Secretary @AmberRuddHR Immigration Minister @carolinenokes you must sort this today. Why is my constituent being treated like an illegal immigrant despite providing documentation from 1964? This is an outrageous miscarriage of justice. Grant him his citizenship and passport.[/ltr]

David Lammy

✔️@DavidLammy

[ltr]I have heard from 6 constituents already this morning with Windrush cases and it is not even lunchtime. Each individual case is a shocking indictment of this government and heartbreakingly sad. The scale of this crisis is unfathomable.[/ltr]

11:59 AM - Apr 24, 2018

•  4343 Replies

•  660660 Retweets

•  1,2281,228 likes

[ltr]
Twitter Ads info and privacy[/ltr]

Mr Lammy posted an image of a "notice of removal" letter which tells the recipient they are a "person with no leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom".
It adds: "You are specifically considered a person who has been unable to show evidence of lawful entry because you cannot produce the passport on which you claim to have entered the UK."
Mr Lammy called on Home Secretary Amber Rudd and immigration minister Caroline Nokes to "sort this today".
He added: "Why is my constituent being treated like an illegal immigrant despite providing documentation from 1964?
"This is an outrageous miscarriage of justice. Grant him his citizenship and passport."
The MP for Tottenham said he had had six Windrush cases come in and "it is only half past 11".
Mr Lammy said: "Each case is heartbreaking and an utterly shameful indictment of this government. The scale of this crisis is absolutely unfathomable."
Controversy erupted after it emerged long-term residents who settled in the UK from the late 1940s to the early 1970s had wrongly been identified as illegal immigrants.

Home Secretary Amber Rudd has come under pressure over the Windrush scandal (PA)
Ministers faced a furious backlash over the treatment of the Windrush generation - named after the first ship that brought them to Britain in 1948.
People who had arrived in the UK before 1973 were automatically granted indefinite leave to remain but the Home Office did not keep a record of those allowed to stay or any documentation confirming their status.
While many of those who arrived have taken British citizenship or have official documents proving their status, others have struggled to source paperwork demonstrating they are lawfully resident.
On Monday Ms Rudd announced an emergency package of measures designed to resolve the crisis.
Under the plans, thousands of people who arrived from the Commonwealth will be offered the chance to obtain British citizenship free of charge and without the requirement to take language tests.
A major exercise has been launched to check no-one has been wrongly deported and the Home Office is preparing a compensation scheme for those affected by the failings.
Ms Rudd will be questioned about the scandal by MPs on the Commons Home Affairs Committee on Wednesday.
It's things like this that make me think, 'mmm, you know what? Maybe Guy Fawkes wasn't such a bad man after all.
The IRA almost did it in Brighton but as usual the useless paddies cocked it up.
I actually feel a bit sorry for Amber Rudd as Th BAG LADY just passes all the flack on to her.
That said she still deserves a good, swift kick between the legs.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-04-24, 9:32 pm

To me it is beginning to red that these letters are systems generated without regard for the dates the Windrush influx began.  Most of the kids are probably reaching pension age and an electronic systems check is just chucking out their warnings. A check with tax man would clear everything up via NI number.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-26, 5:39 pm

Woe is me, it's not looking good for Amber Rudd.
Shame really, should be the bag lady who cops the flack over this fiasco.
f*cking government couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.
They couldn't organise a raffle
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-26, 6:37 pm

Billy D wrote:Woe is me, it's not looking good for Amber Rudd.
You are wrong Billy, they are good at running raffles and making money for themselves.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-26, 8:04 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:Woe is me, it's not looking good for Amber Rudd.
You are wrong Billy, they are good at running raffles and making money for themselves.
Well I know which one of them I'd rather bend ower the chebble.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-29, 10:13 pm

THEGUARDIAN.COM

Amber Rudd resigns as home secretary after Windrush scandal
PM accepts Rudd’s resignation after 200 MPs sign letter accusing her of making up immigration policy ‘on the hoof’

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-04-30, 4:01 am

cyprussyd wrote:

THEGUARDIAN.COM

PM accepts Rudd’s resignation after 200 MPs sign letter accusing her of making up immigration policy ‘on the hoof’

I'm glad she has gone at last but imho May should have gone with her!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-30, 6:28 am

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

THEGUARDIAN.COM

I agree.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-30, 7:51 am

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

THEGUARDIAN.COM

In your and just about everyones elses opinion Dave. Hopefully good local election results and May now in the firing line for Windrush will see her fall.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-30, 8:23 am

cyprussyd wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

THEGUARDIAN.COM

In your and just about everyones elses opinion Dave. Hopefully good local election results and May now in the firing line for Windrush will see her fall.
Indeed Syd & if it wasn't for Loyalist terrorists propping the scruffy cow up she would never have been able to form a government.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-04-30, 1:26 pm

My favourite quote of the day from a Norwich journalist, "I can't keep up with all the changes in the English language. When did unintentional misdirection come to mean the same as blatant lie?"

Classic  Very Happy

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-01, 4:44 pm

Theresa May is facing a crunch Commons vote that could force the Government to publish all papers and emails on the Windrush scandal – including details of her own role in the affair.

Labour announced it would stage the Parliamentary ambush on Wednesday to force the Home Office to hand over all internal correspondence linked to deportations, migration targets and their impact on Commonwealth citizens denied basic civic rights.

The tactic is the same procedure used to get the Brexit department to publish its impact papers late last year.
If enough MPs approve Labour’s Opposition Day motion, ministers would be required to provide the Home Affairs Select Committee with all papers, correspondence and advice - including emails and text messages - from 11 May 2010 up to 1 May 2018.

The documents would cover all contact between Ministers, senior officials and Special Advisers relating to policy decisions with regard to ‘Windrush generation’ cases.

JOHN KEEBLE VIA GETTY IMAGES
Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott
The sweeping powers in the motion would include deportations, detentions and refusal of re-entry, the setting of deportation and removal targets and their effects on people’s lives. 

At least 1,300 cases of mistreatment are currently being investigated by the Home Office, with children of migrants from the Commonwealth denied housing, NHS care, pensions, benefits, jobs and other basic rights as a result of the immigration crackdown launched when May was Home Secretary.
Amber Rudd was on Monday replaced by Sajid Javid as Home Secretary after she quit for inadvertently misleading Parliament over targets for deportation.
The PM refused to answer an Urgent Commons question from Labour’s Diane Abbott over the Government’s handling of the affair.
Labour will use an ancient, but still effective, Parliamentary procedure that gives the House of Commons the power to require Ministers to release Government papers to Parliament.

ANADOLU AGENCY VIA GETTY IMAGES
Home Affairs Committee chair Yvette Cooper
Unlike typical opposition day debates, the motion, if passed, will be binding on the Government. 
Shadow Home Secretary Abbott said: “With the resignation of Amber Rudd, Theresa May has lost her human shield and must now fully account for the policies she created and drove through from the Home Office into Downing Street.
“The Windrush Scandal has exposed something rotten at the heart of Government. We need to know what has led to this situation.
“If the Prime Minister is too weak to be accountable, Labour will have to force her to be accountable. We have had enough of Ministers trying to dodge questions and blame others, we need full disclosure of all the facts.”
Downing Street said it had not yet had a chance to see and assess the Opposition Day motion in full.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-05-01, 5:20 pm

Where's this 'strong & stable goverment' we were promised during the election campaign?
They are about as strong & stable as a handful of farts when you have a bad dose of the shits.  No No
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-05-01, 9:31 pm

Might get that General Election sooner than later eh? Let's hope so anyway Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-05-01, 9:55 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Might get that General Election sooner than later eh? Let's hope so anyway Very Happy
The trap door is opening for Mrs May

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum