SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland AFC v Wycombe Wanderers
Yesterday at 11:15 pm by Kipper

»  Walsall v Sunderland
Yesterday at 10:05 pm by gil t azell

» Pompey game
Yesterday at 11:02 am by cyprussyd

» Get your vote in
Yesterday at 9:29 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Predictions Week 15
Yesterday at 5:46 am by oldblackcat

» Craig Samson
2018-11-16, 5:53 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 117
2018-11-16, 4:46 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Checkatrade next round
2018-11-16, 2:38 pm by vinkel

» BREXIT the solution
2018-11-16, 1:37 pm by canary-dave

» Emmerdale and Corrie.
2018-11-16, 1:31 pm by Vincemac

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Windrush scandal

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Windrush scandal

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-22, 9:15 pm

The bag lady is quite rightly getting some stick over her handling of this.
 People who fought for Britain in WW2. They did jobs that British people wouldn't.
Now having to prove they have the right to be here.
A f*cking disgrace, like the way the Tory cunts treat the Gurkahs.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Windrush scandal

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-04-22, 9:32 pm

Billy D wrote:The bag lady is quite rightly getting some stick over her handling of this.
 People who fought for Britain in WW2. They did jobs that British people wouldn't.
I don't think I have seen such a mean spirited government, or political party, as this one about enforcing the rules fifty years after the event.

Targeting people who arrived as offspring of those who came to do the menial jobs that nobody would touch when factories were flat out resupplying Europe is about as low as it comes.  Has Big Brother arrived?

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-22, 9:43 pm

Nostalgic wrote:
Billy D wrote:The bag lady is quite rightly getting some stick over her handling of this.
I don't think I have seen such a mean spirited government, or political party, as this one about enforcing the rules fifty years after the event.

Targeting people who arrived as offspring of those who came to do the menial jobs that nobody would touch when factories were flat out resupplying Europe is about as low as it comes.  Has Big Brother arrived?
Well indeed. These people came over from the West Indies to do jobs like hospital & railway porters & were treat like shite.
I have family in London & as late as the 1980's b&b's still had signs up saying no blacks, no Irish.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-22, 10:17 pm

Whatever everyones thoughts are of Corbyn our choice at the next election will be Tory or Labour and I cant believe any fair minded person could vote Tory. 

Windrush is just one more disgrace in a growing list of disgraces IMO. Like many other stories facts and figures take over and human beings are forgotten.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-04-22, 11:13 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Whatever everyones thoughts are of Corbyn our choice at the next election will be Tory or Labour and I cant believe any fair minded person could vote Tory. 

Windrush is just one more disgrace in a growing list of disgraces IMO. Like many other stories facts and figures take over and human beings are forgotten.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-04-23, 9:50 am

Bit thick here, where does the term windrush come from.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-23, 10:48 am

vinkel wrote:Bit thick here, where does the term windrush come from.
Windrush was the name of the ship that they came over on

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2018-04-23, 1:01 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Whatever everyones thoughts are of Corbyn our choice at the next election will be Tory or Labour and I cant believe any fair minded person could vote Tory. 

Similarly, I can't believe that any sane person could vote for Corbyn. It's like having to choose between Trump and Boris (although I'd definitely vote for Boris) Shocked

Labour should do all that they can to get David Miliband back in charge, because, bearing in mind what the general public now think about the present government, the Cons would be terrified.

If only the Monster Raving Loony Party were still around  Very Happy
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-04-23, 1:08 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:

Similarly, I can't believe that any sane person could vote for Corbyn. It's like having to choose between Trump and Boris (although I'd definitely vote for Boris) Shocked

Labour should do all that they can to get David Milliband back in charge, because, bearing in mind what the general public now think about the present government, the Cons would be terrified.

David Miliband and Labour is almost an oxymoron Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

May as well vote Tory as have him back from his sulk, after all the Tories have worked out so well for the North East and the majority of the country in last 8 years Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-23, 1:12 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:

Labour should do all that they can to get David Miliband back in charge, because, bearing in mind what the general public now think about the present government, the Cons would be terrified.

I tend to go along with you.
I just can't see the general public electing Corbyn as he's too far to the left with 1970's ideas.
What's the lesser fate - being drowned or strangled?
That said I think the man deserves a chance, I just can't see it happening.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2018-04-23, 1:14 pm

If he got his chance, would we not all have to start learning to speak Russian (or another language depending on who would want to terrorise/threaten us next)  shortly after Shocked
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-23, 2:32 pm

I honestly dont see the speaking Russian, threat to security dangerous man thing, maybe I'm stupid but I dont get it.

We still have a cabinet government in the UK and Corbyn could want to abolish the forces and become an offshore Russian state, he could not do it without the house of commons agreement.

I like just about everything he says and I do think he will win the next election despite the amount of media spin he faces.

Time will tell and I hope and pray I am right.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-04-23, 2:35 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I honestly dont see the speaking Russian, threat to security dangerous man thing, maybe I'm stupid but I dont get it.

We still have a cabinet government in the UK and Corbyn could want to abolish the forces and become an offshore Russian state, he could not do it without the house of commons agreement.

I like just about everything he says and I do think he will win the next election despite the amount of media spin he faces.

Me too Syd  100%

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-04-23, 2:37 pm

I guess many folks have got used to politicians lying so they don't trust an honest man. 

Stupid really.  like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-23, 4:57 pm

canary-dave wrote:I guess many folks have got used to politicians lying so they don't trust an honest man. 

Stupid really.  like
Yes, maybe you are right.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-04-24, 12:34 am

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:I honestly dont see the speaking Russian, threat to security dangerous man thing, maybe I'm stupid but I dont get it.

Me too Syd  100%
Me three, so thats 300% Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2018-04-24, 9:44 am

Given that the Labour Party has been in control for approximately 20 of the last 50 years, can someone please advise why neither Brown, Blair, Callaghan nor Wilson took action to remedy the Windrush situation whist they had the power?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-04-24, 9:55 am

Argus wrote:Given that the Labour Party has been in control for approximately 20 of the last 50 years, can someone please advise why neither Brown, Blair, Callaghan nor Wilson took action to remedy the Windrush situation whist they had the power?

Only a guess Argus, because I don't actually know, but there was no problem until all the landing cards were shredded in 2010.

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-24, 10:07 am

Argus wrote:Given that the Labour Party has been in control for approximately 20 of the last 50 years, can someone please advise why neither Brown, Blair, Callaghan nor Wilson took action to remedy the Windrush situation whist they had the power?
I can't but you are correct.
However I'm not sure they have ever been asked to prove their right to reside here before.
Their grandfathers, most of who will be dead now fought for us in the war.
They started coming over in the late 40's, early 50's I believe to to the menial jobs as Britain was busy rebuilding what had been flattened by the Luftwaffe.
It's the same with the Sikhs. Loads of them fought for us.
I see no reason why their offspring who were born & bred in this country should have to prove their residency status.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-04-24, 10:10 am

Blair and Labour did. in 1999 key protections for long term residents from commonwealth countries (who were British citizens by RIGHT) were brought into legislation. The Immigration act of 2014 removed these protections and caused the problem. And  the government never consulted nor announced it. Now, who was in power then? And which Home Secretary brought that legislation in, and implemented the hostile environment policy?

In a more honourable time politicians would have resigned or been sacked for this scandal. But in these pathetic and disgusting times when politicians can almost get away with murder they continue with denials and protecting their own careers. It makes me sick Evil or Very Mad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-04-24, 10:22 am

Billy D wrote:
However I'm not sure they have ever been asked to prove their right to reside here before.
They started coming over in the late 40's, early 50's I believe to to the menial jobs as Britain was busy rebuilding what had been flattened by the Luftwaffe.
I see no reason why their offspring who were born & bred in this country should have to prove their residency status.
Argus is NOT correct but you are absolutely on the money Biilly.

These people, being sacked from their jobs, or denied a roof over their heads, or being asked to pay for cancer treatment by the NHS or not being allowed back into the UK after visiting elderly relatives, or being DEPORTED, are already British, always were BRITISH and should NEVER need to prove it with FOUR pieces of evidence for every year they have lived here. Which of us could do that?

It's disgusting, shocking and disgraceful and if this Tory government's mealy mouthed politicians could feel shame or any sense of responsibility they would all resign.

Let's have an election eh? See what the people of the UK really think of their glorious leaders Evil or Very Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2018-04-24, 10:53 am

Hieronymus wrote:
Billy D wrote:

H, if you go back to my original comment, I did not make a statement of fact, I simply asked a question which has been answered by several people, yourself included.

I respect your political views but there's really no need to turn every comment into a bloody battle!! 

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-24, 10:57 am

Hieronymus wrote:
Billy D wrote:

These people, being sacked from their jobs, or denied a roof over their heads, or being asked to pay for cancer treatment by the NHS or not being allowed back into the UK after visiting elderly relatives, or being DEPORTED, are already British, always were BRITISH and should NEVER need to prove it with FOUR pieces of evidence for every year they have lived here. Which of us could do that?

It's disgusting, shocking and disgraceful and if this Tory government's mealy mouthed politicians could feel shame or any sense of responsibility they would all resign.

Let's have an election eh? See what the people of the UK really think of their glorious leaders Evil or Very Mad
Well quite, nobody could.
A mate of mine's son got killed in Afghanistan
He was married to a Canadian lass who came over here to settle.
She worked full time as a fully trained nurse.
Working shifts at Newcastle RVI, paying her taxes same as everyone else.
When her man died they tried to deport her back to Canada.
I despair as to what my country has become.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-04-24, 12:46 pm

Argus wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
Billy D wrote:

H, if you go back to my original comment, I did not make a statement of fact, I simply asked a question which has been answered by several people, yourself included.

I respect your political views but there's really no need to turn every comment into a bloody battle!! 

I was responding to Billy who said you were correct - to correct his impression of your question. And I responded to your question with some facts, as you asked. No sense of battle with you Argus, but have to admit to being furious with the way our citizens are being treated Smile
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-24, 12:58 pm

Stop Fighting and get back to talking about football then we can all bask in our clubs undoubted glory.

On seconds thoughts, whats everyones view on God?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum