SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» We could have a SunderMad team
Today at 1:32 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» North East musicians
Today at 1:06 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Austerity
Today at 12:52 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Post some pictures
Today at 11:38 am by sunderpitt

» OPur newest member
Today at 9:37 am by vinkel

» Picture Quiz 5
Today at 8:21 am by Vincemac

» Quiz 95
Today at 2:04 am by Nostalgic

» It's done
Yesterday at 10:06 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 94
Yesterday at 9:26 pm by Hieronymus

» Next target
Yesterday at 3:51 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

cyprussyd, sunderpitt

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

It’s relegation NOT the last rites !!

Go down

It’s relegation NOT the last rites !!

Post  Argus on 2018-04-22, 10:26 am

Well at least the uncertainty of recent months is over and we now know for certain that we will be playing in the 3rd tier of English football next season.

No point looking back for excuses, there are too many to mention and anyway it serves no purpose other than to feed the anger/disappointment most of us are feeling today.

I can only hope that over the coming weeks Ellis Short will find a way to relinquish his involvement in our wonderful club and give the new owners a fair crack of the whip in preparing for next season.

I know it’s not going to be easy in the unfamiliar surroundings of Division One and I know we will be the team everyone wants to beat, but I see no reason why we can’t set our sights on achieving a top 6 spot, which in itself would maintain fans interest right up to the end.

Our club has a history going back over 138 years so let’s not get too upset that in future the records may show that two of those were spent outside the top 2 divisions of English football.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: It’s relegation NOT the last rites !!

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-04-22, 11:05 am

I know it’s probably little consolation but I’d just like let you know of the many posts about your relegation on a Man City forum I sometimes go on.  All of them are sad and very complimentary about Sunderland fans and Mackems in general.

You’ve got a lot of admirers out there because of your friendliness and the way you behave in general.  It’s the fans that make the club and you’ve got one to be proud of!!!

Hope you bounce back soon and even start being our ‘bogey team’ again. Wink
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-04-22, 11:28 am

Sid MCFC wrote:I know it’s probably little consolation but I’d just like let you know of the many posts about your relegation on a Man City forum I sometimes go on.  All of them are sad and very complimentary about Sunderland fans and Mackems in general.

You’ve got a lot of admirers out there because of your friendliness and the way you behave in general.  It’s the fans that make the club and you’ve got one to be proud of!!!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-22, 12:01 pm

No surprise to see you hit the nail firmly on the head Argus.

My mate Ash who travels on the bus with me and goes to all home, away and reserve games will be in London on Friday evening getting home at some ungodly hour, he does not drive but will be there. An absolute legend in my eyes.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2018-04-22, 1:31 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:I know it’s probably little consolation but I’d just like let you know of the many posts about your relegation on a Man City forum I sometimes go on.  All of them are sad and very complimentary about Sunderland fans and Mackems in general.

Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-04-22, 1:54 pm

Argus wrote:Well at least the uncertainty of recent months is over and we now know for certain that we will be playing in the 3rd tier of English football next season.

No point looking back for excuses, there are too many to mention and anyway it serves no purpose other than to feed the anger/disappointment most of us are feeling today.

I can only hope that over the coming weeks Ellis Short will find a way to relinquish his involvement in our wonderful club and give the new owners a fair crack of the whip in preparing for next season.

I know it’s not going to be easy in the unfamiliar surroundings of Division One and I know we will be the team everyone wants to beat, but I see no reason why we can’t set our sights on achieving a top 6 spot, which in itself would maintain fans interest right up to the end.

Our club has a history going back over 138 years so let’s not get too upset that in future the records may show that two of those were spent outside the top 2 divisions of English football.
Quite right and well said Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-04-22, 1:55 pm

Thank you Smile
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-22, 2:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-04-22, 11:33 pm

Argus wrote:Well at least the uncertainty of recent months is over and we now know for certain that we will be playing in the 3rd tier of English football next season.

Very well written, although I'm sorry to read of all the continued anti-Short & blaming him of SAFC's demise.

The problems run right though the majority of the club, which for season after season has turned a blind eye to them unless they become public & so the instigators of them, because to challenge them, would bring about their own financial demise remain largely ignored.

from what I've heard I truly believe Coleman has the morality to inspire a culture from the bottom up based on the regions history & values to make the SoL become a challenging environment to visit once again. I just hope that any new owners can share in it.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum