SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Predictions Week 8
Today at 2:00 pm by lesmac

» Fairweather fans
Today at 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Today at 11:26 am by vinkel

» Who would have thought it
Yesterday at 8:24 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions
Yesterday at 4:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» No news is good news!
Yesterday at 4:02 pm by canary-dave

» RIP Kevin Beattie
Yesterday at 3:21 pm by Hieronymus

» Get well very soon Annette ..
Yesterday at 3:14 pm by Hieronymus

» MAJA
Yesterday at 2:57 pm by Hieronymus

» i walked past doctors surgery this morning
Yesterday at 2:55 pm by Hieronymus

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Well I was going to ask

Go down

Well I was going to ask

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-22, 8:23 am

How everyone was this morning but a combination of no posts and angry posts give the answer.

I could say I understand the anger but TBH I dont, how come everyone is shocked, surprised and angry today? Most have been telling me for weeks and months that we are down and now that we are everyone is shocked and angry, Billy even seems to think it's all my fault judging by some of his strange comments, trying to support is arse licking it seems, very strange.

We have known all season that we had problems, no cash and management changes along with a squad made up of loanees and kids. A centre back in O'Shea who many knock, unfairly IMO, who was never meant to be a first team regular this season, age catches us all but he never gave less than 100%.

I have said on more than one occasion that until down I would hope but when down I would move on and move on I have, summer, a rebuild, new owners, a new way and a new adventure in division 1. Does that mean I am happy, no it doesn't but all the anger in the world won't change a thing, its a wasted emotion for me.

Short has made many mistakes, even Short admits that but his 3 mil a month is what is keeping us afloat and for me I still prefer division 1 to administration. 

The club statement sort of highlights their problem, damned if they do and damned if they dont and I am pleased that the club have at least said something.

Pre season won't be the players we saw in the last few games, loanees will have gone and I suspect so will some of the first team regulars and again I am pleased that plans have started to do all we can to have a pre season, we have suffered from poor pre seasons in the last two seasons.

For me the bad thing was dropping out or the premiership and going down to division one for me is a chickens coming home to roost thing. If we had stayed up by the skin of our teeth would be doing a great escape that papered over the cracks?

I will be there next season and I have long given up on expecting to see 10  mil plus footballers in Sunderland shirts pitting their wits against the Man City's of this world. All I want next season is..

• A plan of action in playing style and recruitment I understand
  • Stability that for me means Colemen in charge
  • New owners who may not be mega rich but do understand the club and me the fan
  • A team who give me reasons to be cheerful and actually win games

I'm not even looking for promotion next season, hoping yes but looking no, I am looking for a real turnaround in fortunes for my club.

Finally no I dont thing our present team are shit, a term that may sound good but says little IMO. Many are not good enough and we don't have a team and have not had a team for a few years, we have a group of players who try to be a team but fail. A group of players who know themselves that many are bot good enough and that drains confidence and team spirit. Burton yesterday did not IMO have better footballers but they did have a better team..

If Billy or anyone else wants to blame me and my arse licking then that's fine, IMO it says more about them than me, I'm off to cut grass today in the sunshine and will leave the grumpy old men to enjoy their grumpiness.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Well I was going to ask

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-22, 8:29 am

cyprussyd wrote:How everyone was this morning but a combination of no posts and angry posts give the answer.

I could say I understand the anger but TBH I dont, how come everyone is shocked, surprised and angry today? Most have been telling me for weeks and months that we are down and now that we are everyone is shocked and angry, Billy even seems to think it's all my fault judging by some of his strange comments, trying to support is arse licking it seems, very strange.

We have known all season that we had problems, no cash and management changes along with a squad made up of loanees and kids. A centre back in O'Shea who many knock, unfairly IMO, who was never meant to be a first team regular this season, age catches us all but he never gave less than 100%.

I have said on more than one occasion that until down I would hope but when down I would move on and move on I have, summer, a rebuild, new owners, a new way and a new adventure in division 1. Does that mean I am happy, no it doesn't but all the anger in the world won't change a thing, its a wasted emotion for me.

Short has made many mistakes, even Short admits that but his 3 mil a month is what is keeping us afloat and for me I still prefer division 1 to administration. 

The club statement sort of highlights their problem, damned if they do and damned if they dont and I am pleased that the club have at least said something.

Pre season won't be the players we saw in the last few games, loanees will have gone and I suspect so will some of the first team regulars and again I am pleased that plans have started to do all we can to have a pre season, we have suffered from poor pre seasons in the last two seasons.

For me the bad thing was dropping out or the premiership and going down to division one for me is a chickens coming home to roost thing. If we had stayed up by the skin of our teeth would be doing a great escape that papered over the cracks?

I will be there next season and I have long given up on expecting to see 10  mil plus footballers in Sunderland shirts pitting their wits against the Man City's of this world. All I want next season is..

I'm not even looking for promotion next season, hoping yes but looking no, I am looking for a real turnaround in fortunes for my club.

Finally no I dont thing our present team are shit, a term that may sound good but says little IMO. Many are not good enough and we don't have a team and have not had a team for a few years, we have a group of players who try to be a team but fail. A group of players who know themselves that many are bot good enough and that drains confidence and team spirit. Burton yesterday did not IMO have better footballers but they did have a better team..

If Billy or anyone else wants to blame me and my arse licking then that's fine, IMO it says more about them than me, I'm off to cut grass today in the sunshine and will leave the grumpy old men to enjoy their grumpiness.
Why single me out?
I never mentioned you.
And yes, we are shit.
Go mow the lawn.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-22, 8:41 am

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:How everyone was this morning but a combination of no posts and angry posts give the answer.

Why single me out?
I never mentioned you.
And yes, we are shit.
Go mow the lawn.
Yes you did, a few times, maybe you were just pissed or are getting forgetful.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-04-22, 8:44 am

Billy Billy, you have a memory problem ,you most certainly did have a go about Syd on one of your rants about the shite team.

I can't copy and paste as I'm on my tablet but it is there plain to see.  like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-22, 8:48 am

canary-dave wrote:Billy Billy, you have a memory problem ,you most certainly did have a go about Syd on one of your rants about the shite team.

I don't give a flying frig what Syd says, we are down.
We are where we deserve to be because we are shit.

That's the only time I mentioned him as far as I can see.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-04-22, 10:59 pm

Billy D wrote:
canary-dave wrote:Billy Billy, you have a memory problem ,you most certainly did have a go about Syd on one of your rants about the shite team.

Many share your sentiments Billy, only they chose to express it either slightly more eloquently or just remain silent.

The thing that amazes me from a business perspective is the how a cozy little bunch of snouts could remain unchecked season after season skinning the bacon off an allegedly astute businessman's trough. 

No prizes for seeing whom was smarter but paybacks can be a bitch when an Americans involved.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-23, 10:44 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Billy D wrote:

Many share your sentiments Billy, only they chose to express it either slightly more eloquently or just remain silent

The thing that amazes me from a business perspective is the how a cozy little bunch of snouts could remain unchecked season after season skinning the bacon off an allegedly astute businessman's trough. 

No prizes for seeing whom was smarter but paybacks can be a bitch when an Americans involved.
 or just remain silent.

The problem with SunderMad in 4 words and my question is why?

I am a passionate Sunderland supporter with strong views on Sunderland and many other things and have no problem expressing them, it is afterall what a football forum is for, expressing opinion, debating, sharing and giving views.
Why would anyone simply chose to stay silent, some may think that the forum is a sounding board, soap box for me and I understand that. If I post and others chose to stay silent then it is indeed my soap box and no longer a football forum.

Many do indeed share Billy's view that the players are shit, I dont and find that statement an understandable but easy kop out.

Is McNair, shit? Asoro, Honeyman, Gooch to name just 4, I dont think they are so cant just give a collective they are shit. As a team we are not good and that is why we are where we are but not because of being shit, IMO. Players not good enough, to old, many reasons.

I find it sad that anyone decides they have an opinion,most do, but decide to stay silent.

I disagree with Billy and for that matter Sunderpitt on many things but I respect them and thank them for not staying silent.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-04-24, 12:16 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Billy D wrote:

Many share your sentiments Billy, only they chose to express it either slightly more eloquently or just remain silent

or just remain silent.

The problem with SunderMad in 4 words and my question is why?

I am a passionate Sunderland supporter with strong views on Sunderland and many other things and have no problem expressing them, it is afterall what a football forum is for, expressing opinion, debating, sharing and giving views.
Why would anyone simply chose to stay silent, some may think that the forum is a sounding board, soap box for me and I understand that. If I post and others chose to stay silent then it is indeed my soap box and no longer a football forum.

Many do indeed share Billy's view that the players are shit, I dont and find that statement an understandable but easy kop out.

Is McNair, shit? Asoro, Honeyman, Gooch to name just 4, I dont think they are so cant just give a collective they are shit. As a team we are not good and that is why we are where we are but not because of being shit, IMO. Players not good enough, to old, many reasons.

I find it sad that anyone decides they have an opinion,most do, but decide to stay silent.

I disagree with Billy and for that matter Sunderpitt on many things but I respect them and thank them for not staying silent.

Wouldn't it be great if some of the guests actually logged on & filled in the gaps for the experts

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum