SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» lucky lucky me
Today at 8:56 pm by cyprussyd

» Who would have thought it
Today at 6:40 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Today at 5:53 pm by sunderpitt

» Soon be Saturday
Today at 3:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Charlie Wyke
Today at 2:55 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 8
Today at 2:00 pm by lesmac

» Fairweather fans
Today at 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Today at 11:26 am by vinkel

» Predictions
Yesterday at 4:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» No news is good news!
Yesterday at 4:02 pm by canary-dave

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

What do you want from your football?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-15, 9:06 am

With relegation looking a certainty after a season or two from hell it's understandable that most are feeling battered and bruised, disappointed and angry, frustrated and let down.

This latest setback is hopefully the conclusion of the mistakes, errors, mismanagement and disastrous decisions that have brought us here but here we are.

Most of you know me well, probably to the point where I piss you of with my never ending preaching of being positive but TBH when I look at the hurt, anger and apathy in those less positive I am assured that my way is best.

So my question is..

I can't believe any mackem wants trophies and championships, top world class players and tens of millions spent on players. We may dream and hope but Sunderland have shown us over many years we are not that sort of club, hopefully one day but I wont hold my breath.

I want commitment, desire, excitement, goals, wins, relative success and above all year to year stability and improvement. We have had it, witnessed it, tated it and enjoyed it but those times are very few and far inbetween and certainly seem light years away right now.

But I suggest they may be nearer than we think and could well be waiting for us in division one, hopefully under new owners.

The long awaited and overdue rebuild is hopefully about to start, stability could be with us and who knows, we may have a team of players who can and will give us the commitment, desire, excitement, goals, wins, relative success we crave.

I'm sure many will be quick to tell us further relegation and bad news could be waiting, they like to see themselves as realists but for they they are simply defeatist, success and failure go hand in hand and have always been bedfellows for me. Division one wont bring us instant success and we will be a big scalp for most teams, every game will be a battle but those battles are what will bring the excitement, we wont automatically win every game because we are Sunderland.

The Stadium of Light and indeed SunderMad will be quieter, can SunderMad be anymore quiet I hear you say.

If the buzz of match days has gone and Sunderland have slipped down your list of priorities I'm sorry but wish you well in whatever you do. But if like me match day and watching live football and the club you have grown us with, look forward with excitement because better times may be just round the corner.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you want from your football?

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-15, 9:20 am

Sunday league pub football will do me.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2018-04-15, 10:21 am

What I really want is to enjoy going again
To look forward to a Saturday afternoon home match instead of feeling glad we're away
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-15, 11:06 am

Jerry the Jinx wrote:What I really want is to enjoy going again
To look forward to a Saturday afternoon home match instead of feeling glad we're away
And what will get you enjoying again?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-04-15, 11:12 am

sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-15, 11:20 am

sunderpitt wrote:

same question, what will get you enjoying again?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-04-15, 11:20 am

Our last season in the premier league was the most frustrating,dour,uninspiring rubbish I had the displeasure to witness.For me much worse than this season regardless of what many fans have been saying.

Due to various circumstances I haven't been to the SOL much this season, but the last time I was there was the first time I left the ground feeling I'd had my money's worth even though we didn't win.The reason?.. I saw a decent game of football and the players(particularly our youngsters) tried to win.Yes we aren't good enough and are lacking quality (otherwise we wouldn't be where we are) but the performances of our youngsters show promise for the future..... as long as we keep them!

First thing I want....stability....recently some fans are saying we should get rid of the manager....for me part of the reason we're in the mess we're in is because we constantly change managers...we need to stop this habit and give them time to build a team.

Second thing.....positivity....until the fans stop booing and giving up on the team when we go a goal down (which I think spreads negativity to the team) things wont change

Third and last thing........a team that plays with pride,a team that never gives up,a team that wins more than loses a team that I can be proud of again.

Will I get these things??...For me if the club keeps the youngsters we have and add a few ambitious experienced players and keep producing from the academy we could see a change next season....Big thing needed though is a new owner that wants what we want because whichever way we look at it we'll still need a bit money to strengthen the squad
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-15, 11:29 am

oldblackcat wrote:Our last season in the premier league was the most frustrating,dour,uninspiring rubbish I had the displeasure to witness.For me much worse than this season regardless of what many fans have been saying.

Due to various circumstances I haven't been to the SOL much this season, but the last time I was there was the first time I left the ground feeling I'd had my money's worth even though we didn't win.The reason?.. I saw a decent game of football and the players(particularly our youngsters) tried to win.Yes we aren't good enough and are lacking quality (otherwise we wouldn't be where we are) but the performances of our youngsters show promise for the future..... as long as we keep them!

First thing I want....stability....recently some fans are saying we should get rid of the manager....for me part of the reason we're in the mess we're in is because we constantly change managers...we need to stop this habit and give them time to build a team.

Second thing.....positivity....until the fans stop booing and giving up on the team when we go a goal down (which I think spreads negativity to the team) things wont change

Third and last thing........a team that plays with pride,a team that never gives up,a team that wins more than loses a team that I can be proud of again.

Will I get these things??...For me if the club keeps the youngsters we have and add a few ambitious experienced players and keep producing from the academy we could see a change next season....Big thing needed though is a new owner that wants what we want because whichever way we look at it we'll still need a bit money to strengthen the squad
I agree with all of that

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-15, 11:30 am

Well, let's look on the bright side.
Next season you can look forward to -
Rotherham
Rochdale 
Scunthorpe, (the only club in Britain with the word c**t in it.)
Portsmouth
Fleetwood
Wimbledon.
What's not to like about that?
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-15, 11:39 am

Billy D wrote:
Rotherham
Rochdale 
Portsmouth
Fleetwood
Wimbledon.
Thank you Billy for unintentionally making my point, every one of those games is a game of football with my club, not at all sure its yours, involved.

Each one of those games can bring excitement, goals and wins and you are spot on even though you dont intend to be,"Whats not to like about that"? A bit like pub football but with seats and at a much higher level.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-15, 12:01 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Rotherham
Rochdale 
Portsmouth
Fleetwood
Wimbledon.
Thank you Billy for unintentionally making my point, every one of those games is a game of football with my club, not at all sure its yours, involved.

Each one of those games can bring excitement, goals and wins and you are spot on even though you dont intend to be,"Whats not to like about that"? A bit like pub football but with seats and at a much higher level.
Ee yer nar what?
There's me trying to be positive, which is totally unnatural btw & this big bugger keeps putting me down.
How can I live with such stuff?
Consett Black Horse beat the Oak Tree 3-1 this morning.
Thoroughly enjoyed it & it cost me f*ck all.
Lads that give effort even though half of them are still pissed off the night before.
I'm rapidly falling out with pro football.
It's a shambles from top to bottom.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-15, 12:20 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Rotherham
Rochdale 
Portsmouth
Fleetwood
Wimbledon.

Ee yer nar what?
There's me trying to be positive, which is totally unnatural btw & this big bugger keeps putting me down.
Lads that give effort even though half of them are still pissed off the night before.
You shock me Billy I had no idea you were ever in love with pro football and Sunderland, you hide it well.

BTW it's good to know that your ill health that stops you going to the SoL does not get in the way of pub football, a minor miracle indeed.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-15, 12:27 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Rotherham
Rochdale 
Portsmouth
Fleetwood
Wimbledon.

Ee yer nar what?
You shock me Billy I had no idea you were ever in love with pro football and Sunderland, you hide it well.

BTW it's good to know that your ill health that stops you going to the SoL does not get in the way of pub football, a minor miracle indeed.
As I have explained before, I cannot manange the stadium steps due to an imbalance problem after a brain haemorrhage.
The local field doesn't have any step you thick tw*t.
Wanker.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-15, 12:32 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Rotherham
Rochdale 
Portsmouth
Fleetwood
Wimbledon.

Ee yer nar what?

As I have explained before, I cannot manange the stadium steps due to an imbalance problem after a brain haemorrhage.
Wanker.
I will ignore the last bit, rather childish but not surprising. The stadium does indeed have steps and I also have problems with steps, that's why I avoid them by getting a seat that does not involve many steps, get in early to give me time to get up the few steps involved and leave a little early to get down the same few steps. Maybe not that thick after all.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-15, 12:35 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Rotherham
Rochdale 
Portsmouth
Fleetwood
Wimbledon.

Ee yer nar what?

Wanker.
I will ignore the last bit, rather childish but not surprising. The stadium does indeed have steps and I also have problems with steps, that's why I avoid them by getting a seat that does not involve many steps, get in early to give me time to get up the few steps involved and leave a little early to get down the same few steps. Maybe not that thick after all.
Aye arlreet, I don't want to fall out with you & I retract the last bit.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-04-15, 12:36 pm

What do I want from football.. well I hope the Bindippers win the Champions league. I hope Newcastle Falcons make the top 4. (Rugby Football)

I hope we get a new owner and when I trot along next season to the Sol I hope I come away with a smile on my face
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-15, 12:38 pm

sunderpitt wrote:What do I want from football.. well I hope the Bindippers win the Champions league. I hope Newcastle Falcons make the top 4. (Rugby Football)

I hope we get a new owner and when I trot along next season to the Sol I hope I come away with a smile on my face
steady on now Sunders you may be asking a lot there

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-15, 12:39 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Rotherham
Rochdale 
Portsmouth
Fleetwood
Wimbledon.

Ee yer nar what?

Wanker.
fall out we wont Billy

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-15, 12:41 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Rotherham
Rochdale 
Portsmouth
Fleetwood
Wimbledon.

Ee yer nar what?

Wanker.
fall out we wont Billy
Good man.  like
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2018-04-15, 2:16 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
And what will get you enjoying again?
Hope
That we can be competitive play decent football, score a goal or 2, not let stupid goals in, come away with 3 points more than twice a season
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-04-15, 2:44 pm

I would be happy not having to bite my nails or not getting that sick feeling in my stomach when I KNOW we will not hold on to the points. Even the Derby game, until the final whistle blew, I could not believe we would get the win!

That loss of hope is the saddest thing and I think is the root of the frustrations of many people. Football is meant to be entertainment, but when it is almost heart attack inducing, nerve wracking and totally frustrating it is far, far easier to just say no - no more.

I get that some find the day out enjoyable for its own sake; a little bit of relief from the day to day troubles that many of our posters have to deal with; for some just meeting up with fellow sufferers and having some banter is enough to make the journey and the cost worthwhile. I just cannot say that is true for me, much as I do miss popping over to say hi to Syd, Sunders and Les et al.

No doubt though that getting new owners is essential and I pray that this happens soon. Then we can hope the 2018/2019 season brings back the smiling faces as 'I'm on my way' plays us out of the Stadium of Light once again Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-15, 3:49 pm

Thank you for your answers and I'm sure you know the point I'm trying to make, maybe, just maybe a spell in division one will bring all the things back that we are missing.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-04-15, 5:10 pm

I'm actually enjoying it at the moment for some strange reason. It is still hugely frustrating but waht I'm witnessing now is a lot more effort and the odd glimpse of talent. Pretty low bench mark I guess. While they put th  effort in I feel like doing so by going and it's a good day out with my son anyway.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-04-15, 5:15 pm

I have to confess that I wanted relegation last season because I really did think that we would learn how to win on a regular basis and begin to recover our pride. I was totally wrong for we have declined even further.
However, even after probably the worst season ever in the history of SAFC but I think the wind of change will start to bring about improvments.

I think that Coleman is the manager to lay the foundation upon which the club will build and work it's way back up to the Premiership. It will take a few seasons to establish solidarity and unity throughout the club but we will make it. Whether Coleman will take us all the way is in question but I believe that he will work hard to bring back pride in their club to the fans and also to restore his own Welsh pride.

I don't want to see any loan players  wearing the red and white of Sunderland. We have had enough mercenaries draining the club of money without giving anything in return. 

I hope the lost fans will return to make SOL the fortress that was Roker Park.  

I hope the club can retain the services of the young players such as Asoro, Maja and others to build a team that we will all be proud of and will see those young players respond to the passion of the fans.

Most of all I want to see the back of SHORT and for him to be replaced as owner by someone who can see that they have purchased a club that has been in the doldrums too long and have the potential to grow into a major player in the Premiership and Europe provided the finance is available. Manchester City were in a similar position some years ago, look at them now.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-15, 5:43 pm

lesmac wrote:I have to confess that I wanted relegation last season because I really did think that we would learn how to win on a regular basis and begin to recover our pride. I was totally wrong for we have declined even further.
However, even after probably the worst season ever in the history of SAFC but I think the wind of change will start to bring about improvments.

I think that Coleman is the manager to lay the foundation upon which the club will build and work it's way back up to the Premiership. It will take a few seasons to establish solidarity and unity throughout the club but we will make it. Whether Coleman will take us all the way is in question but I believe that he will work hard to bring back pride in their club to the fans and also to restore his own Welsh pride.

I don't want to see any loan players  wearing the red and white of Sunderland. We have had enough mercenaries draining the club of money without giving anything in return. 

I hope the lost fans will return to make SOL the fortress that was Roker Park.  

I hope the club can retain the services of the young players such as Asoro, Maja and others to build a team that we will all be proud of and will see those young players respond to the passion of the fans.

Most of all I want to see the back of SHORT and for him to be replaced as owner by someone who can see that they have purchased a club that has been in the doldrums too long and have the potential to grow into a major player in the Premiership and Europe provided the finance is available. Manchester City were in a similar position some years ago, look at them now.
APPL APPL APPL APPL

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum