SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Predictions Week ..
Today at 2:25 am by Panther

» Meeting between SAFC and Supporter Groups Collective Thursday 12th April 2018, Stadium of Light
Today at 12:55 am by cyprussyd

» Sunderland ticket policy shift to keep out Newcastle United fans
Yesterday at 11:47 pm by MrRAWhite

» Sunderland v Burton
Yesterday at 11:43 pm by MrRAWhite

» Safe standing
Yesterday at 11:25 pm by Hieronymus

» No news is good news!
Yesterday at 2:20 pm by canary-dave

» UFOs/Aliens
Yesterday at 1:30 pm by Sid MCFC

» Alonso named PFA left back of the year
Yesterday at 1:04 pm by cyprussyd

» To V or not to V.
Yesterday at 12:54 pm by Hieronymus

» RIP Dale Winton
Yesterday at 12:32 pm by Hieronymus

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

SAFA Mackem

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Sunderland v Burton

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Sunderland v Burton

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-17, 7:46 pm

gil t azell wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:No surprise here in Coxhoe, I will be there whatever and TBH cant see the problem, stay up or go down wont change and listening alone on the radio is far worse for me.

Ditto in that yup I will be there but my honest opinion is that no team is as bad as we have portrayed ourselves this season. There is definitely a hidden agenda and some players arent trying for a reason. Yes that is just a hunch but no amount of logic or sensible proposals from any of you will convince me otherwise.
The one word that cant be used this season is logic, there is none.

Only at Sunderland can we buy two poor keepers then bring in a third who is as bad.
Only at Sunderland can we injure players who do not play.
Only at Sunderland can we resign an aging centre back as cover then find he is fitter than those he is covering.
Only at Sunderland can we employ a manager, give him 1 mil to rebuild a team, sack him then give his replacement 1 mil less.

But hey, it is Sunderland, they are my team and always will be so I will be there on Saturday and against Wolves and all of next season.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-17, 8:00 pm

Yesterday I carved the remaining meat on the chicken leftover from Sunday dinner.
Had some today in a bun with some pickle on. Very nice & enough left to make a pie.
Will put some carrots, peas & gravy in there.
Have a nice evening.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2018-04-18, 1:24 pm

gil t azell wrote:
Ditto in that yup I will be there, but my honest opinion is that no team is as bad as we have portrayed ourselves this season. There is definitely a hidden agenda and some players aren't trying for a reason. Yes that is just a hunch, but no amount of logic or sensible proposals from any of you will convince me otherwise.
I completely agree with that, maybe 'cos I'm as daft as you, and I don't believe what I've read about players like Asoro and Goochycoochycoo been 'out' for the last three 'cos of injury, either.

I might be wrong, but certain injuries throughout this season have had an air of 'am I f*ck' about them. I also believe that Coleman's selections have been deliberate as per instructions from elsewhere, 'cos I don't believe that he'd have made the numerous 'negative' substitutions
that he has 'willingly' knowing that we've needed 'positive' substitutions that could well have resulted in us having more chance of winning games.

It seems to me that he's had instructions since he arrived, to take us on our current journey into the Division 3 abyss Crying or Very sad

None of this will stop me from going to watch The Lads, though, 'cos S.A.F.C. is still my first love I love you  . . . . and I'm still daft enough Smile
Gordon Armstrong
Starting eleven
Starting eleven

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-18, 8:03 pm

Chris Coleman has thrown the gauntlet down and urged his players to write another chapter in their season by taking three points off Burton Albion on Saturday.
Despite an upturn in performances over the last five games, Sunderland find themselves six adrift at the bottom with just three matches left in the Sky Bet Championship.
While Coleman’s side have suffered defeat just once in that time, they have been forced to swallow a bitter pill not once but three times as they have conceded the lead which has seen them drop six precious points.
And with time now running out on the Black Cats’ season, the 47-year-old has called on his players to step up to the mark once more and ensure come Saturday evening they are still battling away.
“The last five games there has been that consistency there, but we should have six more points,” he said.
“It would make a hell of a difference, but we have just got to keep doing what we are doing and keep that level of consistency.
“Psychologically things could change a lot at the weekend so whichever way it changes we have to deal with it.
“Going into it we have got to keep doing what are doing, always being in games and showing a bit of character when we are up against it.
“Five o’clock on Saturday evening will tell a story.
“It could be one or the other we just don’t know yet. We are still fighting, and we are still in there so let’s see what the story is at 5pm on Saturday evening.
“For both teams it is a do or die case. We have got to approach the next game like it is our last. 
“It is our last chance on Saturday to keep the fight going so we can forget Fulham and Wolves. All that matters is our match against Burton Albion.”
Paddy McNair returned to the Sunderland side at Derby County on Good Friday and has played a major role in helping to orchestrate the upturn in performances.
Scoring in each of his last two appearances as well, including a scorcher at Reading last Saturday, Coleman has hailed the importance of keeping the 22-year-old fit between now and May 6. 
“What Paddy brings to us has helped change things. His physicality and energy has been very, very good.
“In each of the last five games we have almost doubled the amount of shots at goal than the opposition.
“There has been a good energy about the team. What we have done for five games is said this is how we are going to go. I haven’t changed anything in terms of the tactics.
“When you have got a Paddy McNair in your team he can cope with the demands and he has been fantastic.
“He is over his serious injury and he is now looking like the player we all know he can be.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  niceonemarra on 2018-04-18, 9:56 pm

Huge game for us.
niceonemarra

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus Yesterday at 12:36 pm

niceonemarra wrote:Huge game for us.
LOL, we have said that about 43 times this season already Laughing
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd Yesterday at 1:04 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
niceonemarra wrote:Huge game for us.
LOL, we have said that about 43 times this season already Laughing
Is it a must win????

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd Yesterday at 9:37 pm

Team time

CAMP
MATHEWS  KONE  O'SHEA  OVIEDO
HONEYMAN  CATTERMOLE  MCNAIR
MCMANAMAN  FLETCHER  MCGREADY

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite Yesterday at 11:43 pm

I will be there..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down