SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» lucky lucky me
Today at 5:56 am by cyprussyd

» Who would have thought it
Today at 3:40 am by cyprussyd

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Today at 2:53 am by sunderpitt

» Soon be Saturday
Today at 12:59 am by cyprussyd

» Charlie Wyke
Yesterday at 11:55 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 8
Yesterday at 11:00 pm by lesmac

» Fairweather fans
Yesterday at 10:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Yesterday at 8:26 pm by vinkel

» Predictions
Yesterday at 1:54 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» No news is good news!
Yesterday at 1:02 am by canary-dave

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Should we have a whip round, poor bugger

Go down

Should we have a whip round, poor bugger

Post  cyprussyd on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:47 am

Jack Rodwell is facing a 40 per cent wage cut next season, regardless of which division Sunderland are playing in. 
The midfielder. who has not featured since September, currently earns £73,000 a week but will see his weekly wage drop to £44k as he enters the final year of the five-year contract he signed in 2014.
Cash-strapped Sunderland have struggled to cope with the midfielder's huge pay cheque this season and offered him a free transfer in January.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we have a whip round, poor bugger

Post  Nostalgic on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:56 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Jack Rodwell is facing a 40 per cent wage cut next season, regardless of which division Sunderland are playing in. 
The midfielder. who has not featured since September, currently earns £73,000 a week but will see his weekly wage drop to £44k as he enters the final year of the five-year contract he signed in 2014.
Cash-strapped Sunderland have struggled to cope with the midfielder's huge pay cheque this season and offered him a free transfer in January.
I doubt he will struggle to even get any club to pay the 44K given his attitude here so we will just be stuck with him again.  

A most irritating young man.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:20 pm

Who only knows what the truth is but I'd heard that Cattermole was the highest paid some time back & found this FWIW.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:25 pm

Well Rodwell on 35K blows that one

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:33 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well Rodwell on 35K blows that one
Who really knows for sure but there's no way Rodwell's on 73K. 
Bad journalism I'm sure to discredit what ever reputation he' got left which from my point of view is just as bad as his attitude.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:37 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Bad journalism I'm sure to discredit what ever reputation he' got left which from my point of view is just as bad as his attitude.
Well just about everyone says he is on 70K so why are you right and all those wrong?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:38 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Well just about everyone says he is on 70K so why are you right and all those wrong?
Who's just about everyone?

Before replying, I did a very quick Google search for articles about SAFC salary's over the past five seasons and found a number written by UK news sites, which if they're to be trusted, quote figures overwhelmingly lower than 73K. 

Like I've already said, who really knows for sure but why would such a figure suddenly be published and for what gain?

On the balance of evidence that I found while searching to correct my wrong opinion, my somewhat skeptical outlook at times towards the press has probably lead me to question the article which I'm sure many will take as gospel and so rain down their wrath upon Mr Rodwell at the first opportunity.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:49 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Before replying, I did a very quick Google search for articles about SAFC salary's over the past five seasons and found a number written by UK news sites, which if they're to be trusted, quote figures overwhelmingly lower than 73K. 

Like I've already said, who really knows for sure but why would such a figure suddenly be published and for what gain?

On the balance of evidence that I found while searching to correct my wrong opinion, my somewhat skeptical outlook at times towards the press has probably lead me to question the article which I'm sure many will take as gospel and so rain down their wrath upon Mr Rodwell at the first opportunity.
True but he's still a wanker.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:13 am

Billy D wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Fully understand the sentiment Billy but maybe just maybe as a result of unpublished facts, both sides have dug their heels in so deeply that a solution will only ever be found at the conclusion of his contract expiring. A sad sad story given that had he sorted out his attitude he could well be excelling somewhere else rather than wasting away with us. How many young players would give anything for the chances he's had  Crying or Very sad

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:38 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Fully understand the sentiment Billy but maybe just maybe as a result of unpublished facts, both sides have dug their heels in so deeply that a solution will only ever be found at the conclusion of his contract expiring. A sad sad story given that had he sorted out his attitude he could well be excelling somewhere else rather than wasting away with us. How many young players would give anything for the chances he's had  Crying or Very sad
We should take out a contract on him & pay a man to shoot the tw*t.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:44 pm

No idea what the,"unpublished" facts are but I do know the club have gone out of their way to make life uncomfortable as possible for Rodwell and IMO with good cause.

Football has always been an industry of change, different managers have differing views on players and it's very easy to go from first team regular to outcast, most players, IMO, accept this and when out of favour do one of two things, fight to get back in favour or move on. I know that Rodwell has problems and I also know that the club have done a lot to help before reaching the stage of freezing him out. The player has IMO placed the club in a position where they are justified in trying to force him out, they are hemorrhaging money at an alarming rate, not Rodwells fault but his insistence in taking the actions he has does not help the club or indeed his career. He is I believe on around £70,000 a week and that in any industry is big money for no return.

I am a massive supporter of anyone with health problems, particularly mental health issues that I understand affect Rodwell but Sunderland is neither a charity or a hospital and can do so much to help and support but also must do all they can to save the business, reducing financial outlay is one action and many have felt the backlash.

Whoever is advising Rodwell is doing a bad job IMO, you dont help deal with problems by alainiating people and Rodwell has certainly achieved that.

I blame past management for making a balls up of his contract but attach no blame to the club for the present standoff.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:06 pm

cyprussyd wrote:No idea what the,"unpublished" facts are but I do know the club have gone out of their way to make life uncomfortable as possible for Rodwell and IMO with good cause.

Football has always been an industry of change, different managers have differing views on players and it's very easy to go from first team regular to outcast, most players, IMO, accept this and when out of favour do one of two things, fight to get back in favour or move on. I know that Rodwell has problems and I also know that the club have done a lot to help before reaching the stage of freezing him out. The player has IMO placed the club in a position where they are justified in trying to force him out, they are hemorrhaging money at an alarming rate, not Rodwells fault but his insistence in taking the actions he has does not help the club or indeed his career. He is I believe on around £70,000 a week and that in any industry is big money for no return.

I am a massive supporter of anyone with health problems, particularly mental health issues that I understand affect Rodwell but Sunderland is neither a charity or a hospital and can do so much to help and support but also must do all they can to save the business, reducing financial outlay is one action and many have felt the backlash.

Whoever is advising Rodwell is doing a bad job IMO, you dont help deal with problems by alainiating people and Rodwell has certainly achieved that.

I blame past management for making a balls up of his contract but attach no blame to the club for the present standoff.
Many excellent points Syd.

I to have no knowledge of the "unpublished facts" as we seem to be only hearing one side. 

Having witnessed employment law etc. many times over the years I know that to publicly discuss such matters is fraught with danger & should litigation eventuate, you've done so at your peril & pocket!

Personally I just wish he'd take a contract pay-off and seek professional help should it be needed.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:14 pm

I hope he gets AIDS, pox, gonorrhoea, rabies and smashes his knees.
The bloke is a gr
greedy, lazy bastard, f*ck him.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:52 pm

Billy D wrote:I hope he gets AIDS, pox, gonorrhoea, rabies and smashes his knees.
The bloke is a gr
Does that mean you don't like him Billy?
oxfordshire
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:02 pm

oxfordshire wrote:
Billy D wrote:I hope he gets AIDS, pox, gonorrhoea, rabies and smashes his knees.
The bloke is a gr
Does that mean you don't like him Billy?
No so dont ask what he would do to the people he dislikes  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum