SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Predictions Week 8
Today at 3:40 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» lucky lucky me
Yesterday at 8:56 pm by cyprussyd

» Who would have thought it
Yesterday at 6:40 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Yesterday at 5:53 pm by sunderpitt

» Soon be Saturday
Yesterday at 3:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Charlie Wyke
Yesterday at 2:55 pm by Kipper

» Fairweather fans
Yesterday at 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Yesterday at 11:26 am by vinkel

» Predictions
2018-09-19, 4:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» No news is good news!
2018-09-19, 4:02 pm by canary-dave

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

SUNDERLAND V NORWICH CITY

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: SUNDERLAND V NORWICH CITY

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-09, 9:43 pm

Sunderland are seven points from Championship safety with five matches left ahead of the visit of Norwich.
Marc Wilson is out and Paddy McNair highly unlikely to feature after both picked up knocks in the draw at Leeds.
Norwich boss Daniel Farke has a number of concerns following Saturday's 3-1 Championship win over Aston Villa.
Alex Tettey, Harrison Reed and Ivo Pinto are among those who could be rested, although Farke has said he is tempted to name an unchanged team.
[th]SAM's prediction[/th]
Home win 33%Draw 27%Away win 40%
[size]
SAM, the Sports Analytics Machine, is a super-computer built by @ProfIanMcHale of the University of Liverpool.

Match facts

[/size]

• Sunderland have won their last two league matches against Norwich, scoring three goals in each match - however, both wins were at Carrow Road.

• The Canaries are unbeaten in their last three league visits to the Stadium of Light (W1 D2) since a 3-0 defeat in February 2012.

• Chris Coleman has faced Norwich five times in league matches and won all five, although this is his first against them since February 2009; he has won all three home matches against them by an aggregate score of 9-0.

• Norwich have lost two of their last three away league games (D1), shipping exactly four goals in each defeat.

• Sunderland are winless in six home league games (D1 L5), conceding at least twice in each game.

• James Maddison has been directly involved in 49% of Norwich's 45 league goals this season (14 goals, 8 assists) - the highest ratio in the division.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-04-10, 7:46 am

cyprussyd wrote:Sunderland are seven points from Championship safety with five matches left ahead of the visit of Norwich.
Marc Wilson is out and Paddy McNair highly unlikely to feature after both picked up knocks in the draw at Leeds.
Norwich boss Daniel Farke has a number of concerns following Saturday's 3-1 Championship win over Aston Villa.
Alex Tettey, Harrison Reed and Ivo Pinto are among those who could be rested, although Farke has said he is tempted to name an unchanged team.

SAM, the Sports Analytics Machine, is a super-computer built by @ProfIanMcHale of the University of Liverpool.

Match facts

• Sunderland have won their last two league matches against Norwich, scoring three goals in each match - however, both wins were at Carrow Road.

• The Canaries are unbeaten in their last three league visits to the Stadium of Light (W1 D2) since a 3-0 defeat in February 2012.

• Chris Coleman has faced Norwich five times in league matches and won all five, although this is his first against them since February 2009; he has won all three home matches against them by an aggregate score of 9-0.

• Norwich have lost two of their last three away league games (D1), shipping exactly four goals in each defeat.

• Sunderland are winless in six home league games (D1 L5), conceding at least twice in each game.

• James Maddison has been directly involved in 49% of Norwich's 45 league goals this season (14 goals, 8 assists) - the highest ratio in the division.

Where can you view SAM predictions?
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-10, 8:58 am

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Sunderland are seven points from Championship safety with five matches left ahead of the visit of Norwich.

Match facts

Where can you view SAM predictions?
BBC sport website on Sunderland page

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-10, 11:52 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-04-10, 6:09 pm

Sorry CD but the 1st of 5 straight wins begins tonight.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-04-10, 6:16 pm

gil t azell wrote:Sorry CD but the 1st of 5 straight wins begins tonight.
If you play well enough to win  fair do's  like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-10, 6:29 pm

canary-dave wrote:
gil t azell wrote:Sorry CD but the 1st of 5 straight wins begins tonight.
If you play well enough to win  fair do's  like
Well it wont make any difference as to where we end up next season.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Chatbox Open

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-04-10, 7:55 pm

I am on Chatbox for anyone interested Smile
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-10, 8:26 pm

Fuckin arsehole useless Irish tw*t.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-10, 9:07 pm

Gerrin!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can we hold on?
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-10, 9:38 pm

Billy D wrote:Gerrin!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can we hold on?
No is the answer.
None of them care.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-04-10, 9:39 pm

Can we hold on?
Sadly not [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-10, 9:43 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
Can we hold on?
Sadly not [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Indeed although I shall not shed tears over it.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-04-10, 11:37 pm

Well just got back from the game. A long journey with not too much to smile about. A few quick reflections though:
Ejara put in a lot of effort but didn't know what to do near goal at all.
Passing pretty poor at times.
Cattermole likes to pass backwards.
Could see the penalty miss coming.
Could see a Nch goal coming, thought it might be 2.
some decent performances again from some - Gooch  a threat again. There's still a few I like the look of for next year.
Another joke referee.
It aint over  til it's over.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-10, 11:43 pm

Kipper wrote:Well just got back from the game. A long journey with not too much to smile about. A few quick reflections though:
some decent performances again from some - Gooch  a threat again. There's still a few I like the look of for next year.
Another joke referee.
Just about sums it up, sad that people who did not go tell us how the players dont care, they certainly do.

Another game we should and could have won but IMO it wasn't for the lack of trying. My only head scratch is why is Asoro  no longer getting a game?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-04-10, 11:53 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:Well just got back from the game. A long journey with not too much to smile about. A few quick reflections though:
Another joke referee.
Just about sums it up, sad that people who did not go tell us how the players dont care, they certainly do.

Another game we should and could have won but IMO it wasn't for the lack of trying. My only head scratch is why is Asoro  no longer getting a game?
Yep, you go more than me but we've both seen the team when they seem not to care. This is not the case at the moment. There were times when I was shouting at them to put more pressure on but by and large they made every effort.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-11, 5:39 am

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Another joke referee.

Yep, you go more than me but we've both seen the team when they seem not to care. This is not the case at the moment. There were times when I was shouting at them to put more pressure on but by and large they made every effort.
Ejara was typical worked his socks off but at the crucial moment when in on goal messed up, nothing to do with not caring.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-04-11, 9:00 am

Gary Bennett was saying the whole game to push up more. First half sounded like we did sit back too much. Second half sounded much better and we should have won the game. But Norwich had many chances, often gifted by McGeady giving the ball away, that they did not take so we could have easily lost the game too.

Did JOS take a knock as he did not go down the tunnel when replaced, but stayed on bench. Maybe he was just knackered, but if he was taken off for tactical reasons that was a wrong decision IMO. We would more likely have held on if he had been still in defence.

BTW that was our first penalty miss in 31 attempts and that caused Gary Bennett to reminisce about Clive Walker's penalty miss in the '85 Milk Cup Final, that also came off bottom of post, vs Norwich of course,

I have never criticised players who are doing their best, sadly our position in the table shows their best is not good enough Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-04-11, 4:40 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Gary Bennett was saying the whole game to push up more. First half sounded like we did sit back too much. Second half sounded much better and we should have won the game. But Norwich had many chances, often gifted by McGeady giving the ball away, that they did not take so we could have easily lost the game too.

Did JOS take a knock as he did not go down the tunnel when replaced, but stayed on bench. Maybe he was just knackered, but if he was taken off for tactical reasons that was a wrong decision IMO. We would more likely have held on if he had been still in defence.

BTW that was our first penalty miss in 31 attempts and that caused Gary Bennett to reminisce about Clive Walker's penalty miss in the '85 Milk Cup Final, that also came off bottom of post, vs Norwich of course,

I have never criticised players who are doing their best, sadly our position in the table shows their best is not good enough Crying or Very sad
Not sure why JOS was taken off. I did 't see an obvious knock. McGeady wasn't alone in giving the ball away. Either side could have one and they had more shots but the fact we were so close is the most frustrating.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-11, 5:41 pm

Kipper wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:Gary Bennett was saying the whole game to push up more. First half sounded like we did sit back too much. Second half sounded much better and we should have won the game. But Norwich had many chances, often gifted by McGeady giving the ball away, that they did not take so we could have easily lost the game too.

Not sure why JOS was taken off. I did 't see an obvious knock. McGeady wasn't alone in giving the ball away. Either side could have one and they had more shots but the fact we were so close is the most frustrating.
Adam Mathews came off at HT with concussion and is doubtful for Saturday.
LOS came off with back and groin problem and is a doudt for Saturday

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum