SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Today at 5:53 pm by sunderpitt

» Soon be Saturday
Today at 3:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Charlie Wyke
Today at 2:55 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 8
Today at 2:00 pm by lesmac

» Fairweather fans
Today at 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Today at 11:26 am by vinkel

» Who would have thought it
Yesterday at 8:24 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions
Yesterday at 4:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» No news is good news!
Yesterday at 4:02 pm by canary-dave

» RIP Kevin Beattie
Yesterday at 3:21 pm by Hieronymus

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

RICHARD.

Go down

RICHARD.

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-05, 1:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

John G Steel
13 hrs · 
macOS
 · 

THIS IS RICHARD, THE 78 YEAR OLD PENSIONER THAT STABBED A BURGLAR TO DEATH IN SOUTH LONDON WHILST DEFENDING HIS HOME AND HIS WIFE - SHARE IF YOU THINK ALL CHARGES SHOULD BE DROPPED IMMEDIATELY.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: RICHARD.

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-04-05, 2:22 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

John G Steel
13 hrs · 
macOS
 · 

THIS IS RICHARD, THE 78 YEAR OLD PENSIONER THAT STABBED A BURGLAR TO DEATH IN SOUTH LONDON WHILST DEFENDING HIS HOME AND HIS WIFE - SHARE IF YOU THINK ALL CHARGES SHOULD BE DROPPED IMMEDIATELY.

Should be given a medal
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-05, 2:30 pm

Well done to the fella.
The burglar was probably junkie scum.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-04-05, 2:30 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

John G Steel
13 hrs · 
macOS
 · 

Should be given a medal

like like like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-05, 3:59 pm

Not sure what you are supposed to do when two men break into your home and one comes at you with a screwdriver, protecting yourself gets you arrested for murder so may be be murdered gets you a medal.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-05, 4:41 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Not sure what you are supposed to do when two men break into your home and one comes at you with a screwdriver, protecting yourself gets you arrested for murder so may be be murdered gets you a medal.
Well indeed.
Reminds me of that farmer in Norfolk.
He'd been robbed several times & the police did f*ck all.
He shot those two gypo scum one of which died & the poor bastard got locked up.
Everyone should have the right to defend their families & their homes.
the bastards who do stuff like this should have no rights as they have given them up imo.
Iv'e said it before. Northern Ireland has the best policy.
Punishment beatings. Behave & you'll be fine. Be a tw*t and you will be kneecapped.
That's if your lucky.

The police have lost control. 46 murders in London already this year.
Put the army on the streets & just shoot these cunts.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-05, 4:47 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Not sure what you are supposed to do when two men break into your home and one comes at you with a screwdriver, protecting yourself gets you arrested for murder so may be be murdered gets you a medal.
Well indeed.
the bastards who do stuff like this should have no rights as they have given them up imo.
Punishment beatings. Behave & you'll be fine. Be a tw*t and you will be kneecapped.
That's if your lucky.

50 now

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-05, 4:55 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Well indeed.
That's if your lucky.

50 now
Another 4 today?
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-05, 7:37 pm

We now find that the dead man that Richard  stabbed was wanted by the police following the break in of a 70 year old's home in Kent

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-05, 10:44 pm

Just been on radio news, 55 murders in London this year now.
WTF is going on? Is this some kind of gang war?
Apparently it now has a higher murder rate than New York.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-04-06, 12:52 am

The crazy thing about the law relating to having your house burgled is that you are allowed to challenge the intruders and use reasonable force but the wise lawmakers have not defined reasonable. I'd hit the thief with the heaviest thing I could lay my hands on, probably a sturdy poker, preferably hot, that I use on the fire or my very sturdy photo tripod which is made from titanium that is reasonably light but would do a lot of damage to the head. Anyone got a better idea.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-06, 6:42 am

lesmac wrote:The crazy thing about the law relating to having your house burgled is that you are allowed to challenge the intruders and use reasonable force but the wise lawmakers have not defined reasonable. I'd hit the thief with the heaviest thing I could lay my hands on, probably a sturdy poker, preferably hot, that I use on the fire or my very sturdy photo tripod which is made from titanium that is reasonably light but would do a lot of damage to the head. Anyone got a better idea.
After that the best idea would be to always knock and wait to be invited in at your house  Shocked Shocked

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-06, 10:37 am

lesmac wrote:The crazy thing about the law relating to having your house burgled is that you are allowed to challenge the intruders and use reasonable force but the wise lawmakers have not defined reasonable. I'd hit the thief with the heaviest thing I could lay my hands on, probably a sturdy poker, preferably hot, that I use on the fire or my very sturdy photo tripod which is made from titanium that is reasonably light but would do a lot of damage to the head. Anyone got a better idea.
As you say Les, it's undefined.
Lets say someone broke into my house who was much bigger & stronger than me.
I can't physically overpower him so I stab him with a kitchen knife.
I'd end up in prison for trying to protect my home.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-04-06, 11:51 am

Just about sums the scum up.  One of the dead burglars cousins has been quoted as tweeting. “Old bastards deserve everything they get”

The quote should read “the bastard deserved what he got”

Scum like this makes my blood boil.
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-06, 12:17 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:Just about sums the scum up.  One of the dead burglars cousins has been quoted as tweeting. “Old bastards deserve everything they get”

The quote should read “the bastard deserved what he got”

Scum like this makes my blood boil.
Yes quite.
One less scumbag c**t on the face of the earth.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-04-06, 3:05 pm

Billy D wrote:
As you say Les, it's undefined.
Lets say someone broke into my house who was much bigger & stronger than me.
I can't physically overpower him so I stab him with a kitchen knife.
I'd end up in prison for trying to protect my home.
I fully understand what you say Billy, but to me if you went at a intruder with an object to hit him you would be defending yourself. But to go at someone with a knife means you intend to do him serious damage at least. Is that self defence  ?.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-04-06, 3:39 pm

My view is it is not the role of the police to decide guilt or innocence. A man died and I would expect a thorough investigation by the authorities, not trial by media or by relatives and neighbours and the many internet commentators who have no idea what really happened.

This burglar may have been a scum bag but he WAS killed. The householder was an elderly man and frightened, so it may be completely understandable what seems to have happened. But the public need to know whether this was justifiable self-defence or an angry man losing his rag and knifing someone in the back as he was trying to run away.

Let the police, forensics and CPS do their jobs and then we will all know the truth.

One thing I do know though, the police are damned if they do and damned if they don't these days. Perhaps if the Government had not slashed police funding so there were more visible cops on the streets, these burglars would have been scared off long ago and none of this would have happened Evil or Very Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-06, 7:06 pm

According to radio news police have stated that no charges will be brought against this man.
Good and I'm glad the thieving bastard is dead..
Wont rob anyone else now will he?
Justice done.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-06, 9:34 pm

Hieronymus wrote:My view is it is not the role of the police to decide guilt or innocence. A man died and I would expect a thorough investigation by the authorities, not trial by media or by relatives and neighbours and the many internet commentators who have no idea what really happened.

This burglar may have been a scum bag but he WAS killed. The householder was an elderly man and frightened, so it may be completely understandable what seems to have happened. But the public need to know whether this was justifiable self-defence or an angry man losing his rag and knifing someone in the back as he was trying to run away.

Let the police, forensics and CPS do their jobs and then we will all know the truth.

One thing I do know though, the police are damned if they do and damned if they don't these days. Perhaps if the Government had not slashed police funding so there were more visible cops on the streets, these burglars would have been scared off long ago and none of this would have happened Evil or Very Mad
Of course the law must be followed and due process carried out and I will back the police in doing that but, I would like it done with some common sense and compassion.

This man had suffered a major trauma IMO, broken into and met by two attackers, one threatened him with a screwdriver and it resulted in him killing someone tes but I would guess that that act alone would have added to his trauma. Add in that he had a wife I understand with dementia that I'm sure added to his pain.

The police needed to ensure that he had not simply acted unlawfully but could they not have left him at home and questioned him and supported him.

There will be no further action and that's good but I would guess 24 hours in police custody hardly helped this man and I also suggest that the police will have worked the truth out quickly.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-04-07, 4:06 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:My view is it is not the role of the police to decide guilt or innocence. A man died and I would expect a thorough investigation by the authorities, not trial by media or by relatives and neighbours and the many internet commentators who have no idea what really happened.

Of course the law must be followed and due process carried out and I will back the police in doing that but, I would like it done with some common sense and compassion.

This man had suffered a major trauma IMO, broken into and met by two attackers, one threatened him with a screwdriver and it resulted in him killing someone tes but I would guess that that act alone would have added to his trauma. Add in that he had a wife I understand with dementia that I'm sure added to his pain.

The police needed to ensure that he had not simply acted unlawfully but could they not have left him at home and questioned him and supported him.

There will be no further action and that's good but I would guess 24 hours in police custody hardly helped this man and I also suggest that the police will have worked the truth out quickly.

like like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-04-07, 6:38 am

The dead man's family and friends have posted tributes to him on social media, here's a thought  how about they volunteer to serve his time in jail as he is no longer able?

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-07, 10:06 am

canary-dave wrote:The dead man's family and friends have posted tributes to him on social media, here's a thought  how about they volunteer to serve his time in jail as he is no longer able?
That's a good idea Dave but justice has been done in my eyes.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-04-07, 10:14 am

Billy D wrote:
canary-dave wrote:The dead man's family and friends have posted tributes to him on social media, here's a thought  how about they volunteer to serve his time in jail as he is no longer able?
That's a good idea Dave but justice has been done in my eyes.

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-07, 10:53 am

Pensioner should not have been arrested over intruder death - Tory backbencher
Apr 7th 2018 12:11AM
A pensioner who fatally stabbed an intruder at his home should not have been arrested, a member of a powerful parliamentary committee has said.
Sir Christopher Chope said it was "completely unwarranted" to arrest people in circumstances such as those faced by Richard Osborn-Brooks.
The 78-year-old retiree's detention on suspicion of murdering intruder Henry Vincent, 37, drew widespread condemnation from members of the public.

[ltr][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/ltr]

Metropolitan Police

✔️@metpoliceuk

[ltr]A 78-year-old man who was arrested following a fatal stabbing in #Lewisham has today been informed that no action will be taken. Our thoughts remain with the families whose lives have been devastated by these events.[/ltr]

Nearly 20,000 people signed a petition calling for the probe to be shelved, while more than £7,000 was raised to pay for his legal costs.
On Friday the Metropolitan Police said he would face no further action over Vincent's death.
Mr Osborn-Brooks had been arrested on suspicion of murder before being freed on bail following the incident on Tuesday.
Sir Christopher, who sits on the Commons Home Affairs Select Committee, said that arresting the pensioner was a step too far.
"It is one thing to question people but to ... arrest people in these circumstances is completely unwarranted," the Tory backbencher told The Times.
"It is a sad reflection on the criminal justice system that it has required the force of the press and public opinion to reach this decision."

Henry Vincent (Met Police/PA)
Scotland Yard said on Friday that its decision to drop the investigation followed a consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service.
Detective chief inspector Simon Harding stressed there had been a "thorough investigation" into the circumstances of Vincent's death.
He said: "Whilst there might be various forms of debate about which processes should be used in cases such as this, it was important that the resident was interviewed by officers under the appropriate legislation of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act; not only for the integrity of our investigation but also so that his personal and legal rights were protected."
An inquest will "further review the circumstances into Mr Vincent's death in a public forum", the detective said.
Bob Neill, chairman of the Commons Justice Select Committee, praised the police for their expediency in releasing Mr Osborn-Brooks.
"It is sensible and the right result, but actually not very surprising, as the law clearly permits the reasonable use of force in self defence (and in defence of others - such as his wife) in this sort of case," the Conservative MP and former criminal barrister told the Daily Mail.
"The police had to investigate it but it's to their credit that they did so quickly and reached the right decision. In that sense the system has worked."
The force said in a statement that it had informed Vincent's family of the development and explained to them the reasons why no charges will be brought.
In January, Vincent was named and pictured by Kent Police investigating a distraction burglary when jewellery and valuables were stolen from a man in his 70s.
Officers were then called to reports of a burglary in progress at 12.45am on Tuesday, after two men entered the house on South Park Crescent in Hither Green, south-east London.
One suspect, armed with a screwdriver, forced the homeowner into his kitchen when he discovered them, while his accomplice went upstairs, the force said.
Detectives believe a struggle ensued between "one of the males and the homeowner" and the intruder was stabbed in the upper body. It is unclear what implement was used to deliver the fatal blow.
Both men then apparently attempted a getaway, but Vincent collapsed nearby on Further Green Road.
An accomplice attempted to drag him towards a van but eventually left, according to a witness.
Paramedics from London Ambulance Service took him to a central London hospital where he died at 3.37am.
The second man has not been found and remains wanted by police.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-09, 5:42 pm

'They won't rest till they get revenge'

DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Traveller's chilling warning to hero pensioner as he and his wife remain under police guard

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum