SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Pompey game
Today at 11:02 am by cyprussyd

» Sunderland AFC v Wycombe Wanderers
Today at 10:45 am by cyprussyd

» Get your vote in
Today at 9:29 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Predictions Week 15
Today at 5:46 am by oldblackcat

» Craig Samson
Yesterday at 5:53 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 117
Yesterday at 4:46 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Checkatrade next round
Yesterday at 2:38 pm by vinkel

» BREXIT the solution
Yesterday at 1:37 pm by canary-dave

» Emmerdale and Corrie.
Yesterday at 1:31 pm by Vincemac

» 40K target
Yesterday at 9:57 am by Sid MCFC

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Jeremy Corbyn

Go down

Jeremy Corbyn

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-05, 11:01 am

What's all this crack on the news about the anti Semitism row?
I don't understand it at all. Can one of you please explain it to me?
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4288
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Corbyn

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-04-05, 11:51 am

Billy D wrote:What's all this crack on the news about the anti Semitism row?
I don't understand it at all. Can one of you please explain it to me?

Those on the left of the Labour party Corbyn et al think Israel are doing to the Palestinians what Hitler did to European Jews.

Therefore many of the Looney left say and do racist things to Jews.. and are subsequently antisemitic. Corbyn has been of that ilk.

Some argue this accusation of Corbyn is made up to get at him.

Anyhow that is my take of it.

The problem is the action of much of Israel army.. e.g. recently killing 15 Palestinians who were throwing stones.

Adding to the problem is Israel and Iran will probably go to war at some point with the Saudies and USA siding with Israel.. the Palestinians are caught in the middle
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 7386
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Corbyn

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-04-05, 12:45 pm

I disagree with Sunderpitt - Corbyn is not "of that ilk", and has never been anti-semitic. His argument is that Israel, backed by the USA, have a foreign and economic policy that denies Palestinians their human rights and their right to a homeland. Their military actions show many Israelis consider Palestinians to be less than human, so comparisons with the Holocaust are not so far off the mark. But being crtical of Israel and its inhumane policies does not make a person anti-semitic.

And remember anti-semitim is not something socialists invented - look up the Jewish massacre in York in 1190 for instance. Anti-semitic views existed many years before Hitler, but surely the evil done in the Second World War taught us all about tolerance and compassion? Unfortunately the lessons seem to have been unlearned and once again we see more and more people, on the left and right, who hate on jews (or muslims, or blacks or anyone not like THEM) generally - but that is racism pure and simple, and should be quite rightly rooted out of society as well as politics.
 
The current anti-semitism thing, for me, is nothing more than a right wing ploy because they have run out of other things to throw at JC and the left. They see a challenge to their elitist neo-liberal way of life, by people who feel the world deserves better than the 1% with everything and the 99% left with the dregs. These 'elites' fear socialism more than anything and are prepared to fight dirty to hang on to what they have got - and to make sure us, the little people, are kept in our place.

Also, for the record, Palestinians are a Semitic people themselves, so anyone supporting the rights of the Palestiinian people cannot, by defiinition, be anti-Semitic.
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 9479
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 62

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Corbyn

Post  canary-dave on 2018-04-05, 12:55 pm

Hieronymus wrote:I disagree with Sunderpitt - Corbyn is not "of that ilk", and has never been anti-semitic. His argument is that Israel, backed by the USA, have a foreign and economic policy that denies Palestinians their human rights and their right to a homeland. Their military actions show many Israelis consider Palestinians to be less than human, so comparisons with the Holocaust are not so far off the mark. But being crtical of Israel and its inhumane policies does not make a person anti-semitic.

And remember anti-semitim is not something socialists invented - look up the Jewish massacre in York in 1190 for instance. Anti-semitic views existed many years before Hitler, but surely the evil done in the Second World War taught us all about tolerance and compassion? Unfortunately the lessons seem to have been unlearned and once again we see more and more people, on the left and right, who hate on jews (or muslims, or blacks or anyone not like THEM) generally - but that is racism pure and simple, and should be quite rightly rooted out of society as well as politics.
 
The current anti-semitism thing, for me, is nothing more than a right wing ploy because they have run out of other things to throw at JC and the left. They see a challenge to their elitist neo-liberal way of life, by people who feel the world deserves better than the 1% with everything and the 99% left with the dregs. These 'elites' fear socialism more than anything and are prepared to fight dirty to hang on to what they have got - and to make sure us, the little people, are kept in our place.

Also, for the record, Palestinians are a Semitic people themselves, so anyone supporting the rights of the Palestiinian people cannot, by defiinition, be anti-Semitic.

APPL APPL APPL

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 14208
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 70
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Corbyn

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-04-05, 1:06 pm

I think H just about covered it but of course all who dont like Corbyn will use it as a stick to hit him with, it was always that way.

Corbyns crime seems to be that he sticks to his beliefs, Norman Smith the BBC political editor summed it up for me even though it was not his intention.

He said, not a direct quote but near enough that it was OK to have these views when a backbencher but not when he hopes to be PM and that is the problem problem the media have. They cant get used to this idea of a politician being honest and true to his beliefs. In their world a PM must say what they think the public want to hear, not what they think, a bit like telling a lie.

My hope is that the majority come election time will opt for an honest man rather than a good spinner.

And BTW I find being branded as the loony left to be childish name calling and probably sends me closer to Corbyn.
I dont consider myself loony or for that matter left, just someone who does not like what is happening to our country and would quite like a different fairer way.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47398
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Corbyn

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-04-05, 5:51 pm

It is true of course that for the Coco Corbyn cultists, he can do no wrong.. walks on water and even turns it to wine some say.

In the 1970s during the IRA bombing campaigns.. many right wing people tarred all Irish Catholics with the same brush.. despite the vast majority being ashamed and aghast at what the IRA were doing. Anyone who spoke up for the Irish were castigated and told they were wrong.

Now peace loving Moslem are all terrorists and if you do accept this you are a traitor to the UK.

Now the looney left argue that Israel and the Jews are committing genocide and if you do not agree with this.. it is because you ate against the sainted Corbyn
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 7386
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Corbyn

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-05, 6:32 pm

Well I still don't know what to make of it all.
I certainly don't blame Israel for using military force to defend themselves.
They have to as they are surrounded by states that hate them.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4288
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Corbyn

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-04-05, 6:38 pm

Billy D wrote:Well I still don't know what to make of it all.
I certainly don't blame Israel for using military force to defend themselves.
They have to as they are surrounded by states that hate them.


Agreed Israel has the right to exist.. whether troops should fire automatic weapons at young boys and girls with slingshots is another matter and deserves a huge amount of criticism. However the hard left Corbyn and his chums lump all Jews together on this. 

An for quoted theory is that if you go full circle left you start being right.. and there is not often that much difference between hard line communist Russia and Nazi Germany
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 7386
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Corbyn

Post  Billy D on 2018-04-05, 7:01 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
Billy D wrote:Well I still don't know what to make of it all.
I certainly don't blame Israel for using military force to defend themselves.
They have to as they are surrounded by states that hate them.


Agreed Israel has the right to exist.. whether troops should fire automatic weapons at young boys and girls with slingshots is another matter and deserves a huge amount of criticism. However the hard left Corbyn and his chums lump all Jews together on this. 

An for quoted theory is that if you go full circle left you start being right.. and there is not often that much difference between hard line communist Russia and Nazi Germany
It's not just young kids with slingshots though.
Israel gets mortared on a regular basis.
Suicide bombers go into cities like Jerusalem & Tel Aviv & kill people.

The way I understand it is that at the end of WW2 when the Jewish people were liberated none of the allies wanted them.
That's why they got sent there.
It's their's now. Nobody will take it off them.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4288
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Corbyn

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-04-06, 5:22 am

Following it from here via the British press I think H hit the nail on the head regarding the right-wing press laying the groundwork for a possible Corbyn election win.

What a change between relationships from the Rabin/Arafat hand shake in the White House during the nineties.  Rabin's assassination was the end of reasonable politics in Israel once the Likud party took absolute control and implemented their land grabs leading to today's resentments.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4080
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 80
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Corbyn

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum