SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland Til I Die
Today at 12:44 am by cyprussyd

» From the Don
Yesterday at 11:48 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Bristol Rovers
Yesterday at 9:35 pm by barrowmackem

» Predictions Week 18
Yesterday at 8:05 pm by canary-dave

» Weekend Weather.
Yesterday at 3:08 pm by sunderpitt

» Need Help in Identifying Some Sunderland AFC Autograph's on a shirt
Yesterday at 2:40 pm by Hieronymus

» Sartori
Yesterday at 12:08 pm by sunderpitt

» The bad old days
2018-12-13, 10:16 pm by cyprussyd

» The South Stand
2018-12-13, 8:57 pm by gil t azell

» Quiz 120
2018-12-13, 6:59 pm by Jerry the Jinx

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

OPEN LETTER FROM COLEMAN

Go down

OPEN LETTER FROM COLEMAN

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-31, 6:12 pm

The dust has settled and it’s time to go again.
Easter Monday’s game against Sheffield Wednesday is the biggest of our season so far, as we aim to build on a cracking win at Derby County.
Let’s make no bones about it, the Stadium of Light hasn’t been an easy place for us to play at this season and there’s been little for you to cheer about, with victories few and far between.
As a manager and as players we have to own that, and front up to it.
Back in August, 30,000 of you turned up to watch us begin our season with a point against Derby.
I’m sure many of you arrived that day believing we would be promotion contenders, while others predicted a solid campaign which would provide a platform to build from.
Few, if any, thought we would be scrapping for our lives with seven games remaining.
Okay, there will be no promotion party, no race for the top-six, or even a boring end to an average season, but none of that matters right now.
As a club, we need to put everything else to one side and fight for our future because, as we all know, it is worth fighting for.
On Friday, we reminded everyone that we’re still here and we will not give up, but we need to do it again on Monday and then again after that.
As a team we can’t do it alone. We need each and every one of you.
Perhaps we don’t deserve it, believe me I know this has been a tough season, and we can’t fix what we need to repair overnight.
But this club is worth fighting for, you know it and I know it.
We all feel it each and every time the first whistle sounds.
You can make it nigh on impossible for teams to play here, while giving us the confidence and belief we need to beat anyone.
So, let’s put it all to one side. And, for now, forget about everything other than Monday’s game and how good it will feel if we’ve clinched back-to-back wins come 5pm.
Together, we can turn this around.
See you Monday,
Chris

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: OPEN LETTER FROM COLEMAN

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-03-31, 6:48 pm

Very impressive and I think it might work. Hope so anyway - would love to see 30,000 there on Monday. I won't be among them though as it is my sister's 60th birthday so have to go over there Monday afternoon. Hoping to get back in time for second half Chatbox Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-31, 9:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-03-31, 9:40 pm

Great motivational speech imo and if the fans do turn up in numbers the players better repay our faith. All too many times this season we have bottled it. The fans making plenty of noise should put our players on the front foot and kick off at high tempo and get the goals we need. 

Then do not sit back get some more goals.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-04-01, 8:14 am

gil t azell wrote:Great motivational speech imo and if the fans do turn up in numbers the players better repay our faith. All too many times this season we have bottled it. The fans making plenty of noise should put our players on the front foot and kick off at high tempo and get the goals we need. 

Then do not sit back get some more goals.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum