SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Just an observation
Today at 12:24 am by cyprussyd

» Maguire
Today at 12:23 am by cyprussyd

» Watmore
Today at 12:19 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Today at 12:10 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» N'Dong
Today at 12:07 am by Silvers

» Max Stryjek
Yesterday at 11:59 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» legal action
Yesterday at 11:34 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Hero's and Villains
Yesterday at 8:31 pm by Silvers

» MOTM today
Yesterday at 7:25 pm by Kipper

» Who would have thought it
Yesterday at 6:42 pm by sunderpitt

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Bear with me, I will get there

Go down

Bear with me, I will get there

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-27, 9:47 am

With rumours abounding about takeovers, relegation knocking on the door, may fans just about given up and those still sticking with it on 24 hour suicide watch optimism  is in short supply, need to find alternative word for short.

Well believe it or not I do understand that, honest I do but, optimism can always be found if optimism is your thing and you may have guessed by now that it is my thing. I would always prefer to be optimistic and wrong rather than pessimistic and right, I have many happy good days, when do pessimists?

Anyhow, back to my theory and evidence that would suggest Coleman is staying and Coleman knows things we don't about the future of SAFC.

Let's start with...

The Shropshire Star understands that the pair have caught boss Chris Coleman’s eye after impressing in Town’s sensational rise to the top in League One.
Coleman was at Montgomery Waters Meadow to watch Shrewsbury’s win over AFC Wimbledon on Saturday, where midfielder Nolan and defender Nsiala played 90 minutes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SHROPSHIRESTAR.COM

Sunderland plotting move for Shrewsbury Town duo
Sunderland are plotting summer bids for Shrewsbury Town duo Jon Nolan and Toto Nsiala.

Yes Cookie could simply be doing his job, scouting and planning in hope rather than expectation.

Then add in Colemans recent comments about player contracts and the end of the season and how everything is on hold pending what happens to the clubs ownership, again may just be common sense or maybe not.

I dont for one minute think Quinn will be back, at best he is an advisor to potential buyers but I do believe that Short wants what is best for the club and I do think there is a deal to be done its just a case of who will be doing it.

You, me and anyone with a pulse know that in a few weeks time our threadbare and underperforming squad will be broken up. Loan players will leave us, a few players will come to the end of their contracts and maybe some will be sold. If the powers that be have learned anything from the last two windows they must know by now that 1 million pounds and loan players does not and never will bring any kind of success. We also know that we can't contemplate going into next season, whatever division we are in, with what is left of our squad plus the under 23 squad promoted.

I just have an idea, maybe it's wishful thinking, supporting Sunderland involves lot's of wishful thinking a blind faith but I do have a feeling that money will be available, either new owners or even Short spending on the back of assurances from new owners.

Next season could be an exciting one with a new team having a strong, experienced spine supported by young eager legs.

How good would it be to go to games next season with the expectation of performance and points, maybe even 3 points, there I have said it.

I'm sorry if your faith is lost, I truly am but if like me your faith is battered and bruised but still there, things can only get better.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bear with me, I will get there

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-03-27, 8:47 pm

Many of us know we will eventually return and,having done it already, know it will be a slog in some cases so patience will be the order of the day.

I have no bother with signings from lower divisions or smaller clubs since I feel many good players are not able to get a fair chance within our modern system of buying in players and the big boys in loaning out their "promising" players instead of selling them on. For those who admire, or are jealous, of Bournemouth, their manager signed two or three defenders from Shrewsbury some years ago and they still do a good job for the club.  

Of course we are bigger than them, but what looks good doesn't always turn out to be good as we have found out over the years.  What I would not give to have a team of bashers like the one Reid assembled right now.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-03-27, 10:00 pm

Nostalgic wrote:Many of us know we will eventually return and,having done it already, know it will be a slog in some cases so patience will be the order of the day.

I have no bother with signings from lower divisions or smaller clubs since I feel many good players are not able to get a fair chance within our modern system of buying in players and the big boys in loaning out their "promising" players instead of selling them on. For those who admire, or are jealous, of Bournemouth, their manager signed two or three defenders from Shrewsbury some years ago and they still do a good job for the club.  

Of course we are bigger than them, but what looks good doesn't always turn out to be good as we have found out over the years.  What I would not give to have a team of bashers like the one Reid assembled right now.
Good post Nos, all three points you make are very relevant to our club's present situation. 

I hope that the majority of supporters who continue to follow Sunderland are prepared to work hard on the patience side of their attitude and expectation of the slog we are facing.

Signings from lower divisions are a must given our financial state and again supporters must be prepared to be patient. Thinking back to our most successful past I recall signing Vic Hallam from a lower division side, Rochdale I think and Kevin Phillips was a bargain signing from Watford who I beleive were in a lower division than us at the time.

I'm with you big time regarding having a few big no nonsense hard men, not pretty to watch but very effective when it is required.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-27, 10:14 pm

lesmac wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Many of us know we will eventually return and,having done it already, know it will be a slog in some cases so patience will be the order of the day.

Good post Nos, all three points you make are very relevant to our club's present situation. 

I hope that the majority of supporters who continue to follow Sunderland are prepared to work hard on the patience side of their attitude and expectation of the slog we are facing.

Signings from lower divisions are a must given our financial state and again supporters must be prepared to be patient. Thinking back to our most successful past I recall signing Vic Hallam from a lower division side, Rochdale I think and Kevin Phillips was a bargain signing from Watford who I beleive were in a lower division than us at the time.

I'm with you big time regarding having a few big no nonsense hard men, not pretty to watch but very effective when it is required.
Dare I say it, many of the impatient have gone to find other pastimes and will return when we are again winning on a consistent basis.

For the past few seasons in the premiership I read about the need to clear the decks and start again, now it's here, this is what it looks and feels like.

Transition is usually messy and when you add in debt and a owner who wants out the mess is worse than the norm.

Short has done his time and he has now had enough, he is however still coughing up around 30 mil a year to keep us afloat, yes he is very rich but 30 m il still seems a lot of cash to me.

Bain is slaughtered but I can never understand why, he did not cause the debt.

The great manager we employed a few short months ago is now to many a waste of space, like the last one and the many before.

Personally I always prefer to look forward with hope rather than back in anger.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum