SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
next game
FcTables.com
Div 1 Table
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Djilobodji
Today at 12:19 pm by cyprussyd

» 2018/19 League
Today at 12:06 pm by cyprussyd

» Fantasy football is back!!!!
Today at 11:34 am by cyprussyd

» Tonights team
Today at 10:59 am by cyprussyd

» Quiz 102
Today at 4:53 am by Nostalgic

» That clears that up then
Yesterday at 10:03 pm by cyprussyd

» luton tickets
Yesterday at 9:40 pm by Flahive22

» Massive, massive, massive
Yesterday at 8:32 pm by oldblackcat

» Quiz 101
Yesterday at 8:13 pm by oldblackcat

» Embleton
Yesterday at 6:26 pm by cyprussyd


Memories for Canary Boy

Go down

Memories for Canary Boy

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-25, 3:21 pm

Our post brought back lots of memories - good and bad!


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


SUNDERLANDECHO.COM

'A great day out spoiled by the match': Your memories of following Sunderland to Wembley for the Milk Cup final
It's 33 years this weekend since Sunderland played Norwich City in the Milk Cup final at Wembley.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45938
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Memories for Canary Boy

Post  Billy D on 2018-03-25, 3:41 pm

I was there that day.
Both sets of fans were superb.
Great day out.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4288
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: Memories for Canary Boy

Post  canary-dave on 2018-03-25, 4:40 pm

Billy D wrote:I was there that day.
Both sets of fans were superb.
Great day out.

Agree about the fans, that day was when I developed a soft spot for Sunderland. 

I enjoyed the result too  Very Happy

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 13991
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 70
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: Memories for Canary Boy

Post  Billy D on 2018-03-25, 5:36 pm

canary-dave wrote:
Billy D wrote:I was there that day.
Both sets of fans were superb.
Great day out.

Agree about the fans, that day was when I developed a soft spot for Sunderland. 

I enjoyed the result too  Very Happy
I went by coach.
Coming back we stopped at some motorway service station as there was no bogs on the buses back then.
Everyone was drunk & I got on the wrong coach. Ended up at a strangers house in Doxford Park.
Kind of the fella to take me in. His wife even cooked me a breakfast in the morning & the bloke drove me to the bus station.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4288
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: Memories for Canary Boy

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-03-25, 7:15 pm

Billy D wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
Billy D wrote:I was there that day.
Both sets of fans were superb.
Great day out.

Agree about the fans, that day was when I developed a soft spot for Sunderland. 

I enjoyed the result too  Very Happy
I went by coach.
Coming back we stopped at some motorway service station as there was no bogs on the buses back then.
Everyone was drunk & I got on the wrong coach. Ended up at a strangers house in Doxford Park.
Kind of the fella to take me in. His wife even cooked me a breakfast in the morning & the bloke drove me to the bus station.
Sounded like a bitter sweet weekend.  The Milk Cup of human kindness runneth over.   Embarassed

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4041
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 80
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Memories for Canary Boy

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-03-26, 3:55 pm

Billy D wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
Billy D wrote:I was there that day.
Both sets of fans were superb.
Great day out.

Agree about the fans, that day was when I developed a soft spot for Sunderland. 

I enjoyed the result too  Very Happy
I went by coach.
Coming back we stopped at some motorway service station as there was no bogs on the buses back then.
Everyone was drunk & I got on the wrong coach. Ended up at a strangers house in Doxford Park.
Kind of the fella to take me in. His wife even cooked me a breakfast in the morning & the bloke drove me to the bus station.
Love to hear about things like this..

________________________________________________________
Born a Sunderland fan, live life as a Sunderland fan and will die a Sunderland fan..
avatar
MrRAWhite
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4810
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 57
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Re: Memories for Canary Boy

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-03-26, 9:10 pm

Mind if Clive Walker had not missed one of the few penalties he ever did we may have had extra time.  It had been a non-event of a game summed up by an own goal and missed penalty but at least your name on a cup means something.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4041
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 80
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Memories for Canary Boy

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-03-26, 10:17 pm

I was at that game - my first visit to Wembley and enjoyed every minute of it despite losing. Both sets of supporters showed what football is really about.
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 9276
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 62

Back to top Go down

Re: Memories for Canary Boy

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-03-27, 8:51 am

canary-dave wrote:
Billy D wrote:I was there that day.
Both sets of fans were superb.
Great day out.

Agree about the fans, that day was when I developed a soft spot for Sunderland. 

I enjoyed the result too  Very Happy

Yeah I was there and did not enjoy the result  Sad
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6979
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Memories for Canary Boy

Post  Billy D on 2018-03-27, 10:10 am

MrRAWhite wrote:
Billy D wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
Billy D wrote:I was there that day.
Both sets of fans were superb.
Great day out.

Agree about the fans, that day was when I developed a soft spot for Sunderland. 

I enjoyed the result too  Very Happy
I went by coach.
Coming back we stopped at some motorway service station as there was no bogs on the buses back then.
Everyone was drunk & I got on the wrong coach. Ended up at a strangers house in Doxford Park.
Kind of the fella to take me in. His wife even cooked me a breakfast in the morning & the bloke drove me to the bus station.
Love to hear about things like this..
He just dumped me on the bed in the spare room.
When I woke up next morning I didn't have a f*cking clue where I was.
First & only time I've been to Doxy & I've never seen that fella since but I will always be grateful to him.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4288
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: Memories for Canary Boy

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-03-27, 8:15 pm

Billy D wrote:
MrRAWhite wrote:
Billy D wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
Billy D wrote:I was there that day.
Both sets of fans were superb.
Great day out.

Agree about the fans, that day was when I developed a soft spot for Sunderland. 

I enjoyed the result too  Very Happy
I went by coach.
Coming back we stopped at some motorway service station as there was no bogs on the buses back then.
Everyone was drunk & I got on the wrong coach. Ended up at a strangers house in Doxford Park.
Kind of the fella to take me in. His wife even cooked me a breakfast in the morning & the bloke drove me to the bus station.
Love to hear about things like this..
He just dumped me on the bed in the spare room.
When I woke up next morning I didn't have a f*cking clue where I was.
First & only time I've been to Doxy & I've never seen that fella since but I will always be grateful to him.
I bet he has seen you a few times though, Sounds that he was the poor bugger that drew the short straw. jocolor

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4041
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 80
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Memories for Canary Boy

Post  Billy D on 2018-03-27, 8:29 pm

Nostalgic wrote:
Billy D wrote:
MrRAWhite wrote:
Billy D wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
Billy D wrote:I was there that day.
Both sets of fans were superb.
Great day out.

Agree about the fans, that day was when I developed a soft spot for Sunderland. 

I enjoyed the result too  Very Happy
I went by coach.
Coming back we stopped at some motorway service station as there was no bogs on the buses back then.
Everyone was drunk & I got on the wrong coach. Ended up at a strangers house in Doxford Park.
Kind of the fella to take me in. His wife even cooked me a breakfast in the morning & the bloke drove me to the bus station.
Love to hear about things like this..
He just dumped me on the bed in the spare room.
When I woke up next morning I didn't have a f*cking clue where I was.
First & only time I've been to Doxy & I've never seen that fella since but I will always be grateful to him.
I bet he has seen you a few times though, Sounds that he was the poor bugger that drew the short straw. jocolor
Aye maybe.
But put it this way, if if weren't for him I'd probably spent the night in a police cell.
I was late back to Catterick anyway & got docked a weeks wages.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4288
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: Memories for Canary Boy

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-03-27, 8:50 pm

Billy D wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:
Billy D wrote:
MrRAWhite wrote:
Billy D wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
Billy D wrote:I was there that day.
Both sets of fans were superb.
Great day out.

Agree about the fans, that day was when I developed a soft spot for Sunderland. 

I enjoyed the result too  Very Happy
I went by coach.
Coming back we stopped at some motorway service station as there was no bogs on the buses back then.
Everyone was drunk & I got on the wrong coach. Ended up at a strangers house in Doxford Park.
Kind of the fella to take me in. His wife even cooked me a breakfast in the morning & the bloke drove me to the bus station.
Love to hear about things like this..
He just dumped me on the bed in the spare room.
When I woke up next morning I didn't have a f*cking clue where I was.
First & only time I've been to Doxy & I've never seen that fella since but I will always be grateful to him.
I bet he has seen you a few times though, Sounds that he was the poor bugger that drew the short straw. jocolor
Aye maybe.
But put it this way, if if weren't for him I'd probably spent the night in a police cell.
I was late back to Catterick anyway & got docked a weeks wages.
Bugger, they drove past your door.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4041
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 80
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Memories for Canary Boy

Post  Billy D on 2018-03-27, 9:52 pm

Nostalgic wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:
Billy D wrote:
MrRAWhite wrote:
Billy D wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
Billy D wrote:I was there that day.
Both sets of fans were superb.
Great day out.

Agree about the fans, that day was when I developed a soft spot for Sunderland. 

I enjoyed the result too  Very Happy
I went by coach.
Coming back we stopped at some motorway service station as there was no bogs on the buses back then.
Everyone was drunk & I got on the wrong coach. Ended up at a strangers house in Doxford Park.
Kind of the fella to take me in. His wife even cooked me a breakfast in the morning & the bloke drove me to the bus station.
Love to hear about things like this..
He just dumped me on the bed in the spare room.
When I woke up next morning I didn't have a f*cking clue where I was.
First & only time I've been to Doxy & I've never seen that fella since but I will always be grateful to him.
I bet he has seen you a few times though, Sounds that he was the poor bugger that drew the short straw. jocolor
Aye maybe.
But put it this way, if if weren't for him I'd probably spent the night in a police cell.
I was late back to Catterick anyway & got docked a weeks wages.
Bugger, they drove past your door.
Went to both legs of the semi too.
Stamford Bridge was an eventful night.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4288
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: Memories for Canary Boy

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-03-27, 9:57 pm

Saw the one at Stamford Bridge as I was at Farnborough at the time, thank god I was in a neutral area.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4041
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 80
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Memories for Canary Boy

Post  Billy D on 2018-03-27, 10:08 pm

Nostalgic wrote:Saw the one at Stamford Bridge as I was at Farnborough at the time, thank god I was in a neutral area.
They were throwing coins at us.
I got hit by a ground down 50p bit, just above my right eye.
Had to be stitched up & I've still got the scar.
Getting back to the coach was like running the gauntlet.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4288
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: Memories for Canary Boy

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-03-28, 10:59 am

Billy D wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Saw the one at Stamford Bridge as I was at Farnborough at the time, thank god I was in a neutral area.
They were throwing coins at us.
I got hit by a ground down 50p bit, just above my right eye.
Had to be stitched up & I've still got the scar.
Getting back to the coach was like running the gauntlet.
I was there too  It was terrifying affraid
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 9276
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 62

Back to top Go down

Re: Memories for Canary Boy

Post  Billy D on 2018-03-28, 11:25 am

Hieronymus wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Saw the one at Stamford Bridge as I was at Farnborough at the time, thank god I was in a neutral area.
They were throwing coins at us.
I got hit by a ground down 50p bit, just above my right eye.
Had to be stitched up & I've still got the scar.
Getting back to the coach was like running the gauntlet.
I was there too  It was terrifying affraid
I had blood running into my eye & the lads were wiping it with their snotty hankies, lol.
Happy days.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4288
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: Memories for Canary Boy

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum