SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
next game
FcTables.com
Div 1 Table
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» The new east stand
Yesterday at 11:17 pm by cyprussyd

» Collectors item
Yesterday at 10:47 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Annual SunderMad night out
Yesterday at 10:11 pm by cyprussyd

» @DavidJonesSky recalls the moment he fell in love with #SAFC.
Yesterday at 9:03 pm by cyprussyd

» Khazri
Yesterday at 8:52 pm by cyprussyd

» Mohamed Eisa
Yesterday at 8:33 pm by sunderpitt

» Must be a Mag
Yesterday at 8:16 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» George Evans Reading fans react
Yesterday at 8:09 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Billy's Brick
Yesterday at 7:15 pm by MrRAWhite

» Some are concerned,why?
Yesterday at 10:39 am by cyprussyd

Next season wherever it be

Go down

There is still hope,but

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-20, 1:20 am

Mathematically there is still hope so we keep hoping but in reality we know that it will take the miracle of all miracles to stay up so is it time to prepare for next season?

Some players will have to play whatever because we dont have the numbers not to play them and we cant simply play the kids in every position. Next season will be a spine of solid experienced first division pros who know the league and can do the job. But realistically those older pros will be surrounded by players from the under 23's who like Asoro can step up, players like Ethan Robson.

Strangely it may also be our best chance of pulling off that miracle, the loan players won't be doing it.

There seems little point in continuing with players who have let us down and wont be here anyway so send them back now or at least put them on the bench.

At CB we have Kone, O'Shea and Wilson fit, or as fit as they will ever be with O'Shea and Kone probably gone in a few weeks time, assuming we can sell Kone, are any of the kids ready to step up, I have no idea or are two new players needed?

Love and Mathews should stay and we will probably need to stick with Oviedo for now.

We know Camp wont be here and I'm not sure anyone wants Steele or Ruiter here, bad news for me because I cant spell the polish lads name but I think most would play him anyway.

Midfield is a happier place with Honeyman, Gooch, McNair and Robson for starters and with Watmore coming back and Maja and Asoro here we dont need Fletcher. LuaLua is only here until season end so play him and test his skill and fitness.

Stay upor go down the club need to see if the kids can step up, only then will we know whats needed in the transfer window and hopefully even if Short is still here we can give Cookie some cash.

Before we even look at selling we have Borini, Pappy, Khazri and Lens to being money in and someone should want N'Dong.

The team to play Derby should tell us if we are indeed ready to start planning.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Next season wherever it be

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-03-20, 9:29 am

Obama was hope.. Trump is  Shocked
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Next season wherever it be

Post  vinkel on 2018-03-20, 10:03 am

When the loan players go back to their clubs, the likes of O'shea and co are gone. The first team squad will look pretty threadbare. So will the manager be allowed to bring in the numbers needed or will he have to promote from within.
Stryjek must be given the opportunity to prove himself, Ethan Robson is another, other than those 2 i know little about.
When relegation looks a certainty should they be given that chance in a demoralised team, could make or break them.
Whatever happens come May, next seasons squad will bear no resemblance to what we have now.
Is that exciting or depressing? .

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-03-20, 12:23 pm

vinkel wrote:When the loan players go back to their clubs, the likes of O'shea and co are gone. The first team squad will look pretty threadbare. So will the manager be allowed to bring in the numbers needed or will he have to promote from within.
Stryjek must be given the opportunity to prove himself, Ethan Robson is another, other than those 2 i know little about.
When relegation looks a certainty should they be given that chance in a demoralised team, could make or break them.
Whatever happens come May, next seasons squad will bear no resemblance to what we have now.
Is that exciting or depressing? .
I doubt he'll get any money as we have none.
If we do go down which is looking likely. I'll be off to the bookies to ask the odds on being relegated again to league 2.
Even in the McMenemy days things weren't this bleak.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-20, 12:57 pm

Spot on Barsie

I think you're well and truly entrenched in the Divine Comedy. Spiralling into the abyss!! Taking an onjective look at the situation Sunderland will get relegated and will then have to address the paucity of the squad and rebuild it along a model adopted by the likes of Bournemouth, Preston, Swansea, Southampton etc. Looking at younger players in the lower leagues with the appetite to succeed and with pace, energy, physicality. Nurture the likes of the Academy players who have promise and believe me Sunderland can rebuild. Coleman says he has a plan but just needs the green light from whoever owns the club to say he's the man they want to do it. It's pointless castigating the current crop of players as they're not going to turn things around and we've known for months the squad isn't good enough.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-20, 1:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-03-20, 2:12 pm

Would the Fall Out Boys song the Phoenix be appropriate?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-03-20, 6:26 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Spot on Barsie

I think you're well and truly entrenched in the Divine Comedy. Spiralling into the abyss!! Taking an onjective look at the situation Sunderland will get relegated and will then have to address the paucity of the squad and rebuild it along a model adopted by the likes of Bournemouth, Preston, Swansea, Southampton etc. Looking at younger players in the lower leagues with the appetite to succeed and with pace, energy, physicality. Nurture the likes of the Academy players who have promise and believe me Sunderland can rebuild. Coleman says he has a plan but just needs the green light from whoever owns the club to say he's the man they want to do it. It's pointless castigating the current crop of players as they're not going to turn things around and we've known for months the squad isn't good enough.
That is just about the nub of our current situation where we all seem to know the solution without understanding the whole problem. However, now that we have had another reality check on the dangers of financially over-extending in football should we be prepared to accept that we can no longer compete with the big boys, or do a potential 40,000 match attendees deserve better.

Finding the type of player who will battle for the shirt and supporter has always been the key to a good team as you say. What is interesting in Bournemouth's case though, most of their defenders were assembled from lower leagues which would have been howled down for better quality signings.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum