SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland v Bristol Rovers
Today at 6:12 pm by gil t azell

» Weekend Weather.
Today at 3:08 pm by sunderpitt

» Predictions Week 18
Today at 2:55 pm by vinkel

» From the Don
Today at 2:41 pm by Hieronymus

» Need Help in Identifying Some Sunderland AFC Autograph's on a shirt
Today at 2:40 pm by Hieronymus

» Sartori
Today at 12:08 pm by sunderpitt

» The bad old days
Yesterday at 10:16 pm by cyprussyd

» The South Stand
Yesterday at 8:57 pm by gil t azell

» Quiz 120
Yesterday at 6:59 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Santa's already been good to me
Yesterday at 6:29 pm by Nostalgic

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Coleman staying

Go down

Coleman staying

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-16, 9:21 am

Chris Coleman has confirmed that regardless what happens this season, he will still be here next season! Happy about this!!

I know many have lost faith in Coleman and indeed many have simply given up on Sunderland and I understand that, the club dont make it easy to keep supporting and Cookie has made mistakes, but enough of Fletcher.

All that said I still think Coleman will come good and in a club that takes instability to a new level we do need whatever stability we can find.

We know that stay up or go down major changes are needed in the summer with loan players leaving and some of our players probably wanting out, add in little or even no money to spend and more bargain basement players and loans are on the cards, only a new owner can change it.

In all honestly can anyone tell me who we can attract who will do a better job than Coleman? Coleman like anyone else is not beyond criticism and like anyone he is liable to get it wrong but he is also, IMO best placed to get it right, he is here, knows the club warts and all, is positive, experienced and above all wants to stay and get it right.

Shouting Short out or get out of our club may make people feel better but it's also futile and dangerous, he wants out but its also his 3 mil a month that keeps us afloat, that rock and a hard place.

Time, IMO for anyone still interested and willing to get behind the club and Coleman and do what little we can to make the club as attractive as possible for that new buyer.

Looking at the club can be soul destroying, depressing, annoying and I completely understand how that can make you want to take a step back. But for me it's been coming for so long that I am glad its finally here, however bad it is or indeed gets we can only move forward, start winning and start enjoying by going through the pain, it is not and will not be easy and it certainly wont be quick but hopefully in Coleman we have the man who, given time and support from the club will get us there.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Coleman staying

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-16, 9:34 am

Sunderland manager Chris Coleman has committed his future to Sunderland “even if the worst happens” according to people that attended a meeting between the club and supporters on Tuesday afternoon.
There have (quite rightly) been murmurings recently amongst supporters that are worried that, in the event of relegation, the former Wales boss will walk away from the Wearsiders - but he apparently put to bed those rumours during his chat with the Senior Citizens group earlier this week.
With the club teetering on the edge of the abyss, fears that Sunderland’s uncertain future coupled with a lack of communication from owner Ellis Short would see Coleman grow frustrated and walk away, but according to messages online he’s played that down and has admitted that irregardless of what happens he’ll still be our manager next season.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][size=13]PA Images via Getty Images[/size]
The message was from a poster who was present at the meeting between the senior citizens organisation, Bain and Coleman.
The poster said, “(he) absolutely loves it here (as does his family) and in his words - he is not just passing through, even if the worst happens he’ll still be here next season”, before he was later backed up by another poster that also attended the meeting that said “Coleman is sticking to this task whatever happens; even the unthinkable”.
The second forum member also confirmed that Coleman still hadn’t spoken to Sunderland owner Ellis Short, and had conceded that things will not rapidly improve at the club until new ownership can be found.
The ex-Fulham gaffer arrived on Wearside in November, immediately endearing himself to the supporters after proving himself to be calm and considered in front of the cameras and on the touchline.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][size=13]Sunderland AFC via Getty Images[/size]
Despite the initial promise, Coleman’s side have slowly declined back to their usual standards and whilst the goals continue to flood in at one end, they’ve dried up considerably at the other.
That said, the majority of Sunderland supporters hold Coleman in an incredibly high regard, and recognise that whilst he’s been unable to drastically improve our fortunes, he walked into an almighty mess and wasn’t given the funds nor the tools to adequately strengthen his squad when the chance was there for us to do so.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-03-16, 9:51 am

As far as I'm concerned that's brilliant news. It's the stability we need and we couldn't get better. He's mad mistakes, so what and I guess they show up more when you're rock bottom with no money. We need him next season.
Determination and seems to have a strong affinity to the club. Our next Peter Reid.

Now watch Short sack him for getting us relegated.
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-03-16, 9:54 am

WHEN new owners come in, that decision may be taken out of his hands.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-16, 9:57 am

vinkel wrote:WHEN new owners come in, that decision may be taken out of his hands.
What owners do is up to them, I'm just pleased he is committed.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-03-16, 10:02 am

cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:WHEN new owners come in, that decision may be taken out of his hands.
What owners do is up to them, I'm just pleased he is committed.
I am expecting changes to team selections Saturday, will he keep with the formula that clearly isn't working?

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-16, 1:25 pm

Coleman insists he will not walk out on the club, although he admits much will depend on whether Short or any new owner want him to stay.
“My contract is this season plus two more,” he said.
“I have to be careful what I say because I don’t want people to think I am being defeatist – which I’m certainly not – but it’s not about what league we are in, it will be about who owns the club and what is the plan.

“Because they might not have me in their plans.
“If I’m not here, it won’t be because I have said ‘that’s it’.
“I came here because I wanted to manage Sunderland AFC, and it will still be Sunderland AFC at the end of the season no matter where it is, and I very much want to be a part of that.

“But I can’t say who is going to be here above me because I don’t know.
“Obviously, Ellis doesn’t want to be here and if the club is sold to a new owner, whoever that might be, I hope I am in their plans.
“I want to be here, that’s what I signed up for. I wouldn’t have signed the contract otherwise.”

Coleman won three of his first eight games in charge but has managed only one win in the next 11 league matches, and is honest enough to admit that he has not ‘pulled up any trees’ so far.
However he remains resolute in his belief that the club’s fortunes will change for the better, and he wants to be here when that happens.
He said: “I came here when we were in the bottom three, there was no guarantee that we would stay up, I was hoping that we would pull away [from the relegation zone], but it hasn’t quite materialised.“I’ve not pulled up any trees here yet, I know that “But I came here to manage Sunderland AFC, in whatever league that is.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
“I keep saying, I don’t know when it will be – six months, a year, two years – the club will turn round, it won’t always be this bad.
“I hope I’m here to witness that.

“It won’t be about what league we are in, I am here because I want to manage Sunderland AFC.
“I don’t know who is going to come in and buy the club, if someone buys the club, but that is the uncertainty, not me saying ‘that it’ – absolutely not.”
Coleman still believes he can lead Sunderland to safety but, even if that proves impossible, he wants to head the long-term rebuilding project that is needed on Wearside regardless of which division the club is in next season.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-03-16, 7:39 pm

Best news I've heard for a while......I just hope whoever is in charge and whichever league we are in that he gets a couple of quid to spend on players....then we might see him turn our fortunes around
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum