SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Welcome to the seventies old man!
Today at 11:10 am by barrowmackem

» Predictions Week 12
Today at 10:13 am by barrowmackem

» League Table Week 11
Today at 10:07 am by barrowmackem

» Predictions Mid week 12
Yesterday at 7:04 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 11
Yesterday at 7:02 pm by gil t azell

» It's boring is it not
Yesterday at 5:31 pm by Hieronymus

» MoN
Yesterday at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Pub Quiz
Yesterday at 9:49 am by vinkel

» Louis Laing
Yesterday at 9:19 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» The Tour De France Trophy stolen
2018-10-15, 10:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Injury, that's all we hear at Sunderland

Go down

Injury, that's all we hear at Sunderland

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-13, 10:18 pm

Sunderland's worst fears have been confirmed after Jonny Williams was ruled out for a month. 

The Wales international, on a season-long loan from Crystal Palace, came off injured after just 30 minutes of the 1-0 defeat to QPR at the weekend. Scans have revealed Williams will now be missing for up to four weeks with a grade two tear in his quad. Sunderland fans haven't seen the best of the 24-year-old after an injury-hit season, which has already seen him miss three months following surgery for a dislocated shoulder. Williams had only recently returned to first team action and he now faces another lengthy spell out. Coleman said: "Jonny will be out for a month. "It is a grade two tear in his quad. That’s disappointing because it has been a tough season for Jonny, very stop-start. "I can’t get him fit and keep him fit and that’s a shame because he is such a good player and in full flow as a Sunderland player the supporters would love him. "We haven’t managed to see that because unfortunately he has had bad luck." 

There was brighter news for fellow midfielder Darron Gibson, who has been out with a groin injury. He returned to training at the Academy of Light on Tuesday for part of a session but Coleman has confirmed he remains a few weeks away from a first team return. Coleman, who has also had Ty Browning ruled out for the season, added: "Darron Gibson trained in part of the session but he will be a few weeks away. "Even before you can play in a behind closed door game or an under-23s game. "He is doing well, he has had no setbacks so far." Sunderland are bottom of the Championship with just nine games left to avoid successive relegations following relegation from the Premier League last season.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Injury, that's all we hear at Sunderland

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-03-14, 12:44 am

I think we are all just about immune to more setbacks concerning injuries as it is just an extension to last season's woes and we just take it in our stride Those, allied to the disappearance of those who do not want to play for us, are a huge factor in our current plight.

And ManU fans are in a strop about losing to q poor quality team in the ECL.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-03-14, 7:44 am

Injury prone players have a habit of getting injuries, thats the way it is. We Safc since John Mensah have gone for theses players. Is this a strategy of ours or are the injury prone the only ones willing to come here. If the latter it shows how far we have fallen in the footballing world. Sad times.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-14, 7:57 am

vinkel wrote:Injury prone players have a habit of getting injuries, thats the way it is. We Safc since John Mensah have gone for theses players. Is this a strategy of ours or are the injury prone the only ones willing to come here. If the latter it shows how far we have fallen in the footballing world. Sad times.
Sadly it seems a case of beggars can't be chooses, you take what you can get.

And the ones we get who are not injury prone we soon make injury prone, still we always have Rodwell waiting in the wings, there is an uplifting thought.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2018-03-14, 8:46 am

I think I read somewhere someone saying you don’t Seem to get as many injuries when fighting for championships or trophy’s
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-14, 9:53 am

paddocklad wrote:I think I read somewhere someone saying you don’t Seem to get as many injuries when fighting for championships or trophy’s
You dont but it may not be relevant to us for some years I fear.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-03-14, 10:35 am

paddocklad wrote:I think I read somewhere someone saying you don’t Seem to get as many injuries when fighting for championships or trophy’s

We've had to get players in who are injury prone as that's what we can get and we have to hope for the best. Also though, I do think there is a significant amount of injury that correlates with poor attitude although 2 players I would definitely not put in that category are Williams and Watmore. Read Peter Reid's book and what his attitude to injuries was as a player. He suffered a few times with injury but was willing to suffer on the pitch whenever he could.
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum