SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Predictions Week 8
Today at 3:40 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» lucky lucky me
Yesterday at 8:56 pm by cyprussyd

» Who would have thought it
Yesterday at 6:40 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Yesterday at 5:53 pm by sunderpitt

» Soon be Saturday
Yesterday at 3:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Charlie Wyke
Yesterday at 2:55 pm by Kipper

» Fairweather fans
Yesterday at 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Yesterday at 11:26 am by vinkel

» Predictions
2018-09-19, 4:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» No news is good news!
2018-09-19, 4:02 pm by canary-dave

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Next to your user name

Go down

Next to your user name

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-12, 7:22 am

It says how many years you have been supporting Sunderland, I dare not add it up but between us it's been a few years.

A few up's in that time and many downs but my god we are now finding out what a real down is.

Blaming the manager and players is understandable, we see them fail on a regular basis but may be we are being unfair. Is it O'Shea's fault that he has finally lost it or should we be thanking him for still being out there? Most of the team have been assembled from the reduced section, a mix of injury prone players, players who are not consistent or players way past their best. Add in a fragile confidence that is made more fragile every game and is it any wonder they struggle.

Coleman has gone it seems from hero to villain in a few sad weeks and he is being dragged further into the gutter of failure by his inexplicable determination to stick with Fletcher, he assures us there is no must play clause in the loan deal so inexplicable it is.

There is an increasing air of desperation hanging over us and a feeling that things will get a lot worse before they get better, even in the dark Mcmenamy days we had some hope,have YOU ever known it this bad?

We have no idea what we will look like a week after season end, will the manager still be here? We know the loan players will be packed and ready to run before we even kick off for our last game against Wolves, surely they wont be doing a lap of honour?

Will we have new owners, I'm beginning to think not, a club with a debt, a wage bill that is unsustainable but one that we can only reduce by selling players and we have very few saleable players, no Pickfords.

We can hopefully cash in on the players out on loan but that along with some bright prospects in the under 23's is about it.

Walking away is understandable but, look at that username again, look at the years you have invested in your club, not the players club, not the managers and certainly not Short's, yours and mine.

I'm 70 this year, yes a youngster in SunderMad terms but far to old to find a new hobby so I will stick with the old one, if there was ever a time when my club needed me its now.

The pain of leaving the premier league has long gone, its now all about saving the club and hoping it will be turned round, rebuilt and bring back the pride we felt being a Sunderland supporter.

SunderMad will survive even if that means me talking to myself and Sunderland Association Football Club will survive, just maybe in a unfamiliar form. 

Well, it will soon be Saturday and who knows, that could be the day the fight back starts  Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Next to your user name

Post  vinkel on 2018-03-12, 7:46 am

Just so you're not talking to yourself, as for Coleman. Right from his appointment i said i would defer judgement on him. Well my opinion now is he is no better than Grayson. True he can talk a good game, non of the Moyes doom and gloom.
But his team selections and formations show no improvement over Grayson. And as for his transfers, terrible. 
Originally i was willing to give him time, well i think now is long enough, and in my opinion he is not the man we need.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-03-12, 8:52 am

Neither Grayson or Coleman are to blame as such, cos nobody can make a slik purse out of a pigs ear.  For what it is worth IMHO Coleman is better than Grayson. Fletcher is at Sunderland as a result of Shorts parsimony.. which is why we are where we are, with a rag tag and bobtail of a side. Although I am mystified that Fletcher is in the side he is Galloway mark 2.

I wonder if we will do a Glasgow Rangers.. that is go bust and a new club will be formed.. Sunderland Phoenix
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-03-12, 9:06 am

It used to be "Sunderland 'til I die", now it might be "Sunderland 'til they die".
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2018-03-12, 9:24 am

Max and paddy on the coaching staff
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2018-03-12, 4:35 pm

There are not many managers who can say that they haven't been sacked or advised to leave before they are. Strange isn't it, that every manager employed by any football club enters the doors of that club as the new Messiah and leaves with horns and a forked tail, only to be renewed and installed as an alternative Messiah!!

We should know, we have employed the Messiah and a full set of apostles too! only to send them packing, with chains, to the hot steamy depths below!!

In all cases there is an element of risk, a guy with undoubted experience, a former England candidate, a young guy with potential, a great player with no potential at all, an Italian, an Argentinian, a Scot, a Yorkshireman etc etc.In all cases they are, eventually, doomed to fail or to be pinched by a better club.

Personally, I am sick of the magic roundabout of managers. The process has been an undoubted failure, promoted by an array of poor executives and overseen by an owner with money, but no football business acumen at all.

It is time for stability, acknowledging that it may be many years before we are back with the big boys. There is no magic solution, there is no Messiah, but, there is the opportunity to accept where we are and support the process of change and improvement. It will come and we will have to suffer a bit more before it happens, it will happen.

A new owner would be wonderful, but it is an issue over which we have no control. I wonder what Short considers to be his options now? Further relegation means he will have a product in negative equity, a product that can not be sold with its associated debt. If it was a car or a house it would go to auction. He may be forced to walk away with nothing and all debts written off, rather than incur further expense, but I cannot see him just sitting on it, he gains nothing.

The Manager, for those who would like him to return to the magic roundabout in the hope that someone else would be foolish enough to get off at our stop, who in the world would we get?? For me, stick with Coleman, let him start with the blank piece of paper, hopefully with a little money and rid of the burdensome has-beens still hanging on to the club. Come on, give him a go! Many have criticised his selections and formations, but to be honest if he had followed some of the advice given from the armchair managers on this forum from week to week, we would be in a worse state. He like the rest of us live in hope that the magic selection and moment will happen, that someone will mount that white horse and perform that rescue again. It may or may not happen this season, as a faithful supporter, it is not the main issue for me. I crave stability and then gradual improvement back to a time of enjoyment and entertainment, a time when the future looks brighter and in time we may just return to former glories.
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-12, 4:50 pm

Mackemneil wrote:There are not many managers who can say that they haven't been sacked or advised to leave before they are. Strange isn't it, that every manager employed by any football club enters the doors of that club as the new Messiah and leaves with horns and a forked tail, only to be renewed and installed as an alternative Messiah!!

We should know, we have employed the Messiah and a full set of apostles too! only to send them packing, with chains, to the hot steamy depths below!!

In all cases there is an element of risk, a guy with undoubted experience, a former England candidate, a young guy with potential, a great player with no potential at all, an Italian, an Argentinian, a Scot, a Yorkshireman etc etc.In all cases they are, eventually, doomed to fail or to be pinched by a better club.

Personally, I am sick of the magic roundabout of managers. The process has been an undoubted failure, promoted by an array of poor executives and overseen by an owner with money, but no football business acumen at all.

It is time for stability, acknowledging that it may be many years before we are back with the big boys. There is no magic solution, there is no Messiah, but, there is the opportunity to accept where we are and support the process of change and improvement. It will come and we will have to suffer a bit more before it happens, it will happen.

A new owner would be wonderful, but it is an issue over which we have no control. I wonder what Short considers to be his options now? Further relegation means he will have a product in negative equity, a product that can not be sold with its associated debt. If it was a car or a house it would go to auction. He may be forced to walk away with nothing and all debts written off, rather than incur further expense, but I cannot see him just sitting on it, he gains nothing.

The Manager, for those who would like him to return to the magic roundabout in the hope that someone else would be foolish enough to get off at our stop, who in the world would we get?? For me, stick with Coleman, let him start with the blank piece of paper, hopefully with a little money and rid of the burdensome has-beens still hanging on to the club. Come on, give him a go! Many have criticised his selections and formations, but to be honest if he had followed some of the advice given from the armchair managers on this forum from week to week, we would be in a worse state. He like the rest of us live in hope that the magic selection and moment will happen, that someone will mount that white horse and perform that rescue again. It may or may not happen this season, as a faithful supporter, it is not the main issue for me. I crave stability and then gradual improvement back to a time of enjoyment and entertainment, a time when the future looks brighter and in time we may just return to former glories.
I do wish you would post more often, excellent in every way.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-03-12, 6:07 pm

^^^^^^^^^^ agree with you Syd re MN.

Re: the original question 51 years. As a youngun home and away, then to every home match and then a season tkt since the stadium opened.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-03-12, 8:22 pm

Neil covered just about every point there is for us to achieve what we want. Unfortunately, football has changed for the worse in our case and we will be just become another club outside the big city ones who make up the numbers.  

The only thing I can add is make sure you get the right man from the start and be prepared to stand by him regardless to gain stability.  Having said that, two clubs in point who had stability then almost wrecked it are Swansea and Southampoton.  Swansea benefited from Martinez before moving onto Rogers from within then almost killed that by appointing Laudrupp.  Saints stood Neil Adkins through tough times sacked him for a bigger name and came close to losing it all.

As it stands now I cannot see us surviving unfortunately and there is nothing in place to suggest we will be back for some time, but Coleman has the chalice so it will be up to him to stay or go.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-03-13, 3:26 pm

Piece in the Echo about goalkeepering mistakes we have made.. no kid Sherlock
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down