SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Predictions Week 08
Who is the Sunderland player you remember EmptyToday at 4:06 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Sunderland Goalkeeper suffers broken arm
Who is the Sunderland player you remember EmptyToday at 3:14 pm by Kipper

» Bolton Wanders v Sunderland AFC
Who is the Sunderland player you remember EmptyToday at 12:02 pm by barrowmackem

» Jack Ross
Who is the Sunderland player you remember EmptyToday at 9:56 am by Kipper

» Has Donald been told to zip it
Who is the Sunderland player you remember EmptyYesterday at 9:36 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions Week 11
Who is the Sunderland player you remember EmptyYesterday at 9:28 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 10
Who is the Sunderland player you remember EmptyYesterday at 9:27 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 09
Who is the Sunderland player you remember EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» FFP, FPP
Who is the Sunderland player you remember EmptyYesterday at 10:27 am by Kipper

» RESULTS OF WEEK 5 AND FIXTURES FOR WEEK 6
Who is the Sunderland player you remember Empty2019-09-18, 9:28 pm by Hieronymus

Who is the Sunderland player you remember

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who is the Sunderland player you remember Empty Who is the Sunderland player you remember

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-11-19, 9:51 pm

We have seen many over the years so when I ask, name a Sunderland player who is the first name you think of?

Not the best maybe but who is it, for me its Kevin Arrnott, no idea why but its always him.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Who is the Sunderland player you remember Empty Re: Who is the Sunderland player you remember

Post  gil t azell on 2012-11-19, 9:54 pm

Colin Todd.

Similar imo to Bobby Moore, not the fastest, biggest etc but his positional sense and tackling were brilliant.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Who is the Sunderland player you remember Empty Re: Who is the Sunderland player you remember

Post  Guest on 2012-11-19, 10:06 pm

Kevin Ball loved him as a player to me he is Mr Sunderland he signifies what this club is.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2012-11-19, 10:22 pm

Gary Rowell
Jerry the Jinx
Jerry the Jinx
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2012-11-19, 10:38 pm

Super Kevin Phillips. alien

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-19, 10:46 pm

Stan Anderson for me. He was our captain before Hurley.

Who is the Sunderland player you remember Stananderson1

Who is the Sunderland player you remember Stananderson2

Another one of my Roker memories...

In January 1961, three years into our six year interlude in 2nd division, the mighty Arsenal came to Roker for the 3rd round in the cup.
Sunderland won 2 - 1 with the help of two goals from Stan and of course a tremendous Roker Roar.

I was part of a full house, standing in the Roker Wing Paddock (Roker end of the ground)

Stan of course went on to captain Newcastle and Middlesborugh too ..

Back to top Go down

Post  black fox on 2012-11-19, 11:40 pm

the GREAT len shackleton best entertainer thats ever played the game
black fox
black fox
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2012-11-20, 2:48 am

black fox wrote:the GREAT len shackleton best entertainer thats ever played the game

and the last Sundrland player to score for England.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-20, 5:50 am

Shaun Elliott.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-20, 12:34 pm

Marco. He was my first hero.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-11-20, 12:53 pm

Again, no idea why but Joe Bolton always comes to mind
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-20, 12:54 pm

Kieron Brady - fantsatic silky skills and a great left foot - pity he liked his beer too much!! I was only a kid when he played for us

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-20, 2:54 pm

Vic Halom and Gary Rowell

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2012-11-20, 2:57 pm

Monty - amazing loyalty to the club and of course 1973!!
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-20, 3:32 pm

Len Shakleton, he's the reason that I started to support Sunderland when I was 6 years old.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-20, 3:42 pm

lesmac wrote:Len Shakleton, he's the reason that I started to support Sunderland when I was 6 years old.
Would love to have seen Shakleton play.

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2012-11-20, 4:27 pm

Monty glass
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-20, 5:11 pm

froggy1973 wrote:Kevin Ball loved him as a player to me he is Mr Sunderland he signifies what this club is.

Me n all. Oh bally bally

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-20, 5:23 pm

froggy1973 wrote:
lesmac wrote:Len Shakleton, he's the reason that I started to support Sunderland when I was 6 years old.

He could bend and spin the ball in ther 50's when the ball was sodden with water and weighed a ton. I could spend hours telling you about his antics on the field. Just magic he was.

Back to top Go down

Post  black fox on 2012-11-21, 12:22 am

lesmac wrote:
froggy1973 wrote:

He could bend and spin the ball in ther 50's when the ball was sodden with water and weighed a ton. I could spend hours telling you about his antics on the field. magic Just he was.
you always had the feeling he was going to do something unexpected.
black fox
black fox
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-23, 10:16 am

Nottingham Forest have signed Scotland international right-back Alan Hutton on an emergency loan from Aston Villa.
The 27-year-old, who joined Villa from Tottenham in August 2011, will be with the Reds until 2 January and is available for nine matches.

Chairman Omar Al Hasawi said: "Like most of the signings we have made, Alan brings great experience to our squad.
"He has played at the very highest level and will be a big asset to us over the next six weeks."

Hutton began his career with Rangers before joining Tottenham in 2008 for a fee of around £9m.

He made more than 50 league appearances for Spurs and also had a loan spell with Sunderland before joining Villa.

Back to top Go down

Who is the Sunderland player you remember Empty The best left foot EVER

Post  Argus on 2012-11-23, 3:01 pm

Lots of players come to mind, some of whom have already been mentioned, but probably the only player I can recall, who could produce that magic like Shack was unquestionably Slim Jim Baxter.

Possibly the sweetest left foot I have ever seen, could truly hit a tanner from 70 yds. Unfortunately he had other interests such as drink and females which proved his eventual downfall.

Ranked as one of the greatest ever Scottish footballers, he was only with us for a couple of seasons in the mid 60's before being moved on but the memory of his ball skills remain vividly in my memory.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-11-23, 3:06 pm

Argus wrote:Lots of players come to mind, some of whom have already been mentioned, but probably the only player I can recall, who could produce that magic like Shack was unquestionably Slim Jim Baxter.

Possibly the sweetest left foot I have ever seen, could truly hit a tanner from 70 yds. Unfortunately he had other interests such as drink and females which proved his eventual downfall.

Ranked as one of the greatest ever Scottish footballers, he was only with us for a couple of seasons in the mid 60's before being moved on but the memory of his ball skills remain vividly in my memory.

the downfall of many a good man Argus

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-23, 10:09 pm

Charlie awesome legend when I was a kid. Wish I had seen Shak!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-23, 10:42 pm

Like Argus I feel that Jim Baxter graced Roker Park with his skills Could do with someone like him today but maybe a teetotaller

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum