SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Quiz 106
Today at 8:54 am by vinkel

» Sunderland v Sheffield Wed - Carabao Cup
Today at 8:50 am by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 03
Today at 8:49 am by vinkel

» Predictions Midweek 03
Today at 6:55 am by Reiver

» SUNDERLAND V SCUNTHORPE UNITED.
Today at 1:51 am by cyprussyd

» Catts
Today at 12:16 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» The last time Dave bought a round
Yesterday at 3:53 pm by canary-dave

» FAO Syd
Yesterday at 2:26 pm by cyprussyd

» says it all
Yesterday at 1:44 pm by Silvers

» WHY
Yesterday at 1:34 pm by vinkel

The future could be bright

Go down

The future could be bright

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-09, 8:24 am

Even Cookie has lost his positive bounce and looks like the latest manager to find out that managing Sunderland is an almost impossible task.

We have managed to build a recent history of failure with our only achievements being one cup final, beating Newcastle and great escapes. Short must carry the can because he is the man at the top and in the end the buck always stops with the man at the top but just blaming Short would be wrong because doing that lets guilty people off the hook.

A big villain in the piece is Margaret Byrne who reigned over a time of inferia footballers being given big contracts and her biggest error in a catalogue of errors was letting Rodwell sign a contract without a relegation clause, that is costing us dear right now.

We can add in De Fante and others but by far the biggest villains are a succession of players. 

Players who have happily taken the cash but failed to deliver, I would never blame a footballer who is not good enough but we have every right to blame any player who does not give their all and there are many guilty of that.

Players who have added to the problem by playing their part in ensuring a succession of managers have failed.

We fans are often guilty of hitting on the wrong targets, look at our goalkeepers who get slated time and time again, why?

Well they get slated for not being good enough but if they are doing their best, something we say over and over again that it's all we ask then why slate them?

The players who over and over again dont support the manager and dont do their best are the targets we should be after.

Stay up or go down we need to be brave, have a fire sale, ship out every player who have managed to fail us time and time again, cut the wage bill and start afresh with good honest journeymen who have been their and done it and who we know will do it again. Surround these pros with kids who want to do it and will give everything they have for the red and white shirt.

I would recommend that everyone logs onto the SAFC site and watch Ethan Robson talking about his new contract, the pride shines through about getting the chance to play for this club. No false badge kissing just pure pride, Ethan may still be raw, still make mistakes but anyone who has seen him play can be in no doubt that he would run through brick walls for this club.

Give me  Ethan Robson any day before a 10 million pound Jack Rodwell, do that and we may just have a future after all.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The future could be bright

Post  Billy D on 2018-03-09, 8:32 am

And who employed these pisspots you speak of?
De Fanti, Maggie big tits, et al?
The future could be bright. On the other hand it could be shite.
That's the more likely scenario.
Anyway, have a nice day.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-09, 9:57 am

Billy D wrote:And who employed these pisspots you speak of?
Short, that's why I said the buck stops with him

Fortunately there are far more positive people involved than the pessimistic doom and gloomers like you Billy.

In your world yes, but you do live in a world where you expect the worst.

Anyway, have a nice day.
I always do, its one advantage of living in a happy place

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-03-09, 10:41 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:And who employed these pisspots you speak of?
Short, that's why I said the buck stops with him

Fortunately there are far more positive people involved than the pessimistic doom and gloomers like you Billy.

In your world yes, but you do live in a world where you expect the worst.

Anyway, have a nice day.
I always do, its one advantage of living in a happy place
Champion. All is good with the world then.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-03-09, 12:11 pm

Well i have decided  ( personal life permitting ) i will be returning to the fold next season regardless of division. I will not get a season card as i wont be doing night games. Plus once your in you can sit virtually in any vacant seat.
It's in the blood.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-09, 12:19 pm

vinkel wrote:Well i have decided  ( personal life permitting ) i will be returning to the fold next season regardless of division. I will not get a season card as i wont be doing night games. Plus once your in you can sit virtually in any vacant seat.
It's in the blood.
Good man

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-03-09, 7:57 pm

Why do we have to keep bleating on about whose fault it is?  Money has been provided, managers have been hired and fired to suit circumstances but no-one is willing to say that we have been hanging on for years whilst paying out money to people who have departed the club years ago.

For me, we have gone the way of others in today's world of having to spend big money to survive and even bigger money to thrive. The likes of the elite clubs are sponsored to the tune of two hundred million dollar deals that lasts for ten years so their income is enhanced by their shirts etc which leads to wage restrictions not being busted and further enhanced by Euro football income.

If it is all Short's fault then look at Leeds, and Cardiff, who were ruined by an Englishman, QPR by and Indian,Villa by a Yank etc. all  of whom threw big money to lift clubs through proven managers who did not produce.  Personally, I do not blame anybody in particular as there has been a fair amount of contribution, or lack of, by everybody attached to the club for years both by those who should know better and those who took words and predictions at there face value.

As far as I can remember there was only person who predicted that we would be in for another hard season and maybe relegation fight and he got slated at every opportunity.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum