SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Previous results v Port Vale
Yesterday at 11:55 pm by Silvers

» Results Week 12
Yesterday at 10:51 pm by Lever Malone

» Predictions Mid week 12
Yesterday at 10:45 pm by Lever Malone

» Beyond words
Yesterday at 9:46 pm by cyprussyd

» FA Cup 1st round draw Monday.
Yesterday at 9:21 pm by sunderpitt

» Doncaster Tuesday
Yesterday at 7:10 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 13
Yesterday at 6:31 pm by gil t azell

» Southend Saturday
Yesterday at 4:46 pm by Sid MCFC

»  Shrewsbury Town v Sunderland AFC
Yesterday at 4:03 pm by cyprussyd

» League Table Week 12
Yesterday at 12:28 pm by Jerry the Jinx

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Anyone at the match last night?

Go down

Anyone at the match last night?

Post  Argus on 2018-03-07, 3:23 pm

I now rely on Gary Bennett or Sundermad posters for my fix and whilst I know our situation is painful, I would genuinely like to hear the views of someone who actually attended the game yesterday.

Do you really think we have a chance of survival?

Is Coleman the right man for the job?

Is Coleman adopting the right tactics?

Or is it simply a case that both players and supporters, including many on this forum, have given up?

I know we are in a very dark place at the moment, but can anyone see any prospect of light?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone at the match last night?

Post  canary-dave on 2018-03-07, 3:27 pm

The one thing that I would like to know is did Grabban celebrate his goal?

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-07, 4:01 pm

sunderlandmad.com/t19259-still-in-touchbut

Sleep is a wonderful thing and guess what, I have woken with a more positive head on.

Cookie like me will be aware that escape will take a miracle however for as long as it's a possibility he and I must stay positive and hope that miracles do indeed happen.

Relegation may lead us into a wilderness we take years to recover from so fighting to the end is a must but fight is vital.

I would start Saturdays team selection with who will not be playing and that would be those unable to fight, unwilling to fight or who have had the fight knocked out of them.

Steele must stay in goal because the others are just as bad so at least lets be consistent, chopping and changing wont help.
Fletcher must be dropped, the lad was visibly draining of any confidence last night and continuing with him is now getting cruel.
McCready and Mcmanaman are fantastic when firing on all cylinders but that's a rare event.

Mathews and Oviedo start if fit but in the middle, right now, only Kone is fit with O'Shea, Browning and Wilson all injured so it could well be a Kone/Jones pairing and that will concern everyone.

Honeyman and Asoro give energy and 100% commitment and Maja knows Asoro so well that for my all must start. 
Ejaria was the only midfield player last night who was not frightened to keep the ball, everything he tried did not come off but at least he tried.

The rest, well with Cattermole, Robson, Williams, Gooch, LuaLua to pick from Cookie should find the players to make up the number.

We have 10 games and IMO our only chance is attack, attack, attack because we can't defend so 4-4-2 or even 4-3-3.

A win could transform us but with 10 games left time is just about run out so go, go, go.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-03-07, 4:32 pm

canary-dave wrote:The one thing that I would like to know is did Grabban celebrate his goal?

Players have the right to. There's no reason why he should have any great affiliation to us. He was used as a mercenary by us (not using that term in a derogatory way) like the rest of the loan players. Different for the likes of Leadbitter though.
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-03-07, 4:39 pm

Kipper wrote:
canary-dave wrote:The one thing that I would like to know is did Grabban celebrate his goal?

Players have the right to. There's no reason why he should have any great affiliation to us. He was used as a mercenary by us (not using that term in a derogatory way) like the rest of the loan players. Different for the likes of Leadbitter though.

I may have read that Leadbitter's dad's ashes are scattered at the SoL?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-03-07, 4:41 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
Kipper wrote:

I may have read that Leadbitter's dad's ashes are scattered at the SoL?
Yes, that is how he celebrated by going to where his dads ashes were buried. But I am sure we have relaid the pitch several times since then, so hopefully they were buried deep  Shocked
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-03-07, 8:01 pm

He originally cupped his ear but he swiftly looked up to the Villa fans.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-03-07, 8:46 pm

gil t azell wrote:

He originally cupped his ear but he swiftly looked up to the Villa fans.

I hear what Kipper is saying but if he had an ounce of class he would just jog back upfield, just like Jermaine Defoe would do.

He had an enormous attitude problem with us, he was rested for a cup match at Rotherham and chosen for the bench but stormed out of the ground and made his own way back to Norwich. We should have sacked him then!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2018-03-07, 11:18 pm

Well Syd, it looks like you were the only one at the match because no-one else has managed to post a reply that remotely  resembles the original question.

Perhaps I'll just have to stick with Benno after all.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-07, 11:56 pm

Argus wrote:Well Syd, it looks like you were the only one at the match because no-one else has managed to post a reply that remotely  resembles the original question.

Perhaps I'll just have to stick with Benno after all.
I know how soul destroying it can be but thanks for trying

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-08, 12:04 am

Argus wrote:I now rely on Gary Bennett or Sundermad posters for my fix and whilst I know our situation is painful, I would genuinely like to hear the views of someone who actually attended the game yesterday.

Do you really think we have a chance of survival?

Yes, a very slim chance but a chance all the same.

Is Coleman the right man for the job?

I hope so but it's hard to tell, he has both hands tied behind his back right now.

Is Coleman adopting the right tactics?
Last night no.Fletcher is going down hill fast and after he cocked up his one on one with the keeper what little confidence he had drained away. We cant defend so must go on the attack with Asoro and Maja, drop Mcmanaman and McGready and bring in Honeyman and Williams

Or is it simply a case that both players and supporters, including many on this forum, have given up?
Many have given up and I understand why but where there is a hope we must keep on fighting, IMO.

I know we are in a very dark place at the moment, but can anyone see any prospect of light?

I can see a few, the teams around being a starting point, they can't win either and in bits we look good, we just need bigger bits.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2018-03-08, 3:48 pm

I was at the Villa game,it was absolutely shocking from kick off.
Colemans tactics were atrocious one upfront at home is telling the opposition from the start that we are looking to nick a goal and sit on it,(and that our defence is very dodgy).
I did not see many players trying to close the opposition down quickly and aggressively.
Fletcher should have been hauled off once he miss controlled a possible chance at goal,you could see in his body language he had put up the white flag.
Looking at Villas two centre halves especially Terry someone running at them at pace would have ripped Terry a new arsehole,that didn't happen until Asoro came on, again far too late in the game.
To sum it all up Coleman has to change his team selection with a more attacking formation and go for it,a point is no good we need three points
And yes at this rate I believe we will be plying our trade in DIVISION 1 next season.
I will still go to the games I will still renew my season ticket whatever division we are in.
I will carry on supporting the team,and yes on sites like this I will slaughter the team, manager and those further up the food chain if they serve up this dire shite they call football that we have been subjected to for far to long.
There ends my sermon
ps Gary Bennett summation of our games is spot on
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-03-08, 4:09 pm

Rovertsafc wrote:I was at the Villa game,it was absolutely shocking from kick off.
Colemans tactics were atrocious one upfront at home is telling the opposition from the start that we are looking to nick a goal and sit on it,(and that our defence is very dodgy).
I did not see many players trying to close the opposition down quickly and aggressively.
Fletcher should have been hauled off once he miss controlled a possible chance at goal,you could see in his body language he had put up the white flag.
Looking at Villas two centre halves especially Terry someone running at them at pace would have ripped Terry a new arsehole,that didn't happen until Asoro came on, again far too late in the game.
To sum it all up Coleman has to change his team selection with a more attacking formation and go for it,a point is no good we need three points
And yes at this rate I believe we will be plying our trade in DIVISION 1 next season.
I will still go to the games I will still renew my season ticket whatever division we are in.
I will carry on supporting the team,and yes on sites like this I will slaughter the team, manager and those further up the food chain if they serve up this dire shite they call football that we have been subjected to for far to long.
There ends my sermon
Billy D likes this post.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-08, 4:17 pm

Rovertsafc wrote:I was at the Villa game,it was absolutely shocking from kick off.
I will carry on supporting the team,
and yes on sites like this I will slaughter the team, manager and those further up the food chain if they serve up this dire shite they call football that we have been subjected to for far to long.
There ends my sermon
APPL APPL APPL

The more opinions we have the more debate we will have and I know this will upset some but the highlighted bit, IMO, earns my respect.

I sit at every home game along with around 10/15 season ticket holders within ear shot, we all watch the same game but it never ceases to amaze me how we never seem to see the same game. It has always been that way.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum