SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Welcome to the seventies old man!
Today at 11:10 am by barrowmackem

» Predictions Week 12
Today at 10:13 am by barrowmackem

» League Table Week 11
Today at 10:07 am by barrowmackem

» Predictions Mid week 12
Yesterday at 7:04 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 11
Yesterday at 7:02 pm by gil t azell

» It's boring is it not
Yesterday at 5:31 pm by Hieronymus

» MoN
Yesterday at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Pub Quiz
Yesterday at 9:49 am by vinkel

» Louis Laing
Yesterday at 9:19 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» The Tour De France Trophy stolen
2018-10-15, 10:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

QPR v Sunderland

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

QPR v Sunderland

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-07, 5:04 am

QPR v Sunderland
Sat 10 Mar
KO 15.00
Loftus Road

Not sure I have said this before but this is a must win game.

Nothing else to say right now.

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2018-03-10, 4:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: QPR v Sunderland

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-07, 9:37 am

Sleep is a wonderful thing and guess what, I have woken with a more positive head on.

Cookie like me will be aware that escape will take a miracle however for as long as it's a possibility he and I must stay positive and hope that miracles do indeed happen.

Relegation may lead us into a wilderness we take years to recover from so fighting to the end is a must but fight is vital.

I would start Saturdays team selection with who will not be playing and that would be those unable to fight, unwilling to fight or who have had the fight knocked out of them.

Steele must stay in goal because the others are just as bad so at least lets be consistent, chopping and changing wont help.
Fletcher must be dropped, the lad was visibly draining of any confidence last night and continuing with him is now getting cruel.
McCready and Mcmanaman are fantastic when firing on all cylinders but that's a rare event.

Mathews and Oviedo start if fit but in the middle, right now, only Kone is fit with O'Shea, Browning and Wilson all injured so it could well be a Kone/Jones pairing and that will concern everyone.

Honeyman and Asoro give energy and 100% commitment and Maja knows Asoro so well that for my all must start. 
Ejaria was the only midfield player last night who was not frightened to keep the ball, everything he tried did not come off but at least he tried.

The rest, well with Cattermole, Robson, Williams, Gooch, LuaLua to pick from Cookie should find the players to make up the number.

We have 10 games and IMO our only chance is attack, attack, attack because we can't defend so 4-4-2 or even 4-3-3.

A win could transform us but with 10 games left time is just about run out so go, go, go.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-03-07, 11:22 am

I agree, sh*t or bust. I'd play Maja and Asoro up front and Williams and Lua Lua to support and create.
What's up with O'Shea? Maybe he can play in goal.
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-07, 11:28 am

Kipper wrote:I agree, sh*t or bust. I'd play Maja and Asoro up front and Williams and Lua Lua to support and create.
What's up with O'Shea? Maybe he can play in goal.
Not sure, he did not come out for the second half and is being assessed for Saturday.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-03-07, 1:23 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Sleep is a wonderful thing and guess what, I have woken with a more positive head on.

Cookie like me will be aware that escape will take a miracle however for as long as it's a possibility he and I must stay positive and hope that miracles do indeed happen.

Relegation may lead us into a wilderness we take years to recover from so fighting to the end is a must but fight is vital.

I would start Saturdays team selection with who will not be playing and that would be those unable to fight, unwilling to fight or who have had the fight knocked out of them.

Steele must stay in goal because the others are just as bad so at least lets be consistent, chopping and changing wont help.
Fletcher must be dropped, the lad was visibly draining of any confidence last night and continuing with him is now getting cruel.
McCready and Mcmanaman are fantastic when firing on all cylinders but that's a rare event.

Mathews and Oviedo start if fit but in the middle, right now, only Kone is fit with O'Shea, Browning and Wilson all injured so it could well be a Kone/Jones pairing and that will concern everyone.

Honeyman and Asoro give energy and 100% commitment and Maja knows Asoro so well that for my all must start. 
Ejaria was the only midfield player last night who was not frightened to keep the ball, everything he tried did not come off but at least he tried.

The rest, well with Cattermole, Robson, Williams, Gooch, LuaLua to pick from Cookie should find the players to make up the number.

We have 10 games and IMO our only chance is attack, attack, attack because we can't defend so 4-4-2 or even 4-3-3.

A win could transform us but with 10 games left time is just about run out so go, go, go.
Looks like we will be playing 4 4 2
Kone and Jones at centre back no one else fit beadling gone
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-03-07, 1:36 pm

Meh.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-07, 2:58 pm

Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Sleep is a wonderful thing and guess what, I have woken with a more positive head on.

Looks like we will be playing 4 4 2
Kone and Jones at centre back no one else fit beadling gone
Looking that way mate

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-07, 4:05 pm

Whilst Sunderland continue to flounder elsewhere, Papy Djilobodji’s fine form out on loan has earned him a re-call to the Senegal national team squad following a lengthy exile.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-03-07, 4:43 pm

I agree with your post above Syd, Coleman has to play Asoro and Maja on Saturday because if they can fire on all cylinders they can get us the goals we need. We know we cannot keep a clean sheet so we just have to go all out and score more than the opposition.

And I would also go along with keeping Steele in because he is no worse than the other two, and did make one or two decent saves last night. His confidence will improve if he does not feel like any mistake he makes will mean he is out the team again.

Other than that whatever fit players we have available will have to play tongue
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-03-07, 8:00 pm

I wouldnt bother with a defence cos we havent got one. 

Strjek and 10 forwards is the way to go.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-08, 6:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Coleman on QPR

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-08, 11:39 pm

Starting to look like a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2

STEELE
MATHEWS  KONE  JONES  OVIEDO
CATTERMOLE EJARIA HONEYMAN
ASORO MAJA WILLIAMS

Love at right back if Mathews is still injured, bare bones indeed

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-03-09, 8:07 am

cyprussyd wrote:Starting to look like a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2

STEELE
ASORO MAJA WILLIAMS

Billy Jones at centre half & Steele in goal!!!
Woe is me. A disaster on the horizon.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-03-09, 4:38 pm

God help us.

I cannot stand Trump.. but I would put up with him buying us ad we cannot be any worse off?

Can we win
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2018-03-09, 6:01 pm

Billy D wrote:

STEELE
ASORO MAJA WILLIAMS

Billy, you take negativity to new levels.

Given the limited number of players at Coleman's disposal, I'd be very interested to know who you would play?

Don't forget you can only select names currently registered with SAFC.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-03-09, 7:06 pm

Argus wrote:
Billy D wrote:

STEELE
ASORO MAJA WILLIAMS

Given the limited number of players at Coleman's disposal, I'd be very interested to know who you would play?

Well feel free to go to the bookies & put a bet on us.
I've made a tidy few quid backing against us, like buying money.
Team selection? I'd play the lasses ahead of the so called men.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2018-03-09, 8:02 pm

Billy D wrote:
Argus wrote:
Billy D wrote:

STEELE
ASORO MAJA WILLIAMS

Your gambling exploits are your business and not mine, however you still haven't managed to answer the original question.

'Given the limited number of players at Coleman's disposal, I'd be very interested to know who you would play?'

If you find it so easy to criticise the inclusion of Jones & Steele, then perhaps you can offer better alternatives?

Surely that's not too difficult?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-03-09, 8:10 pm

Argus wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Argus wrote:
Billy D wrote:

STEELE
ASORO MAJA WILLIAMS

Your gambling exploits are your business and not mine, however you still haven't managed to answer the original question.

'Given the limited number of players at Coleman's disposal, I'd be very interested to know who you would play?'

If you find it so easy to criticise the inclusion of Jones & Steele, then perhaps you can offer better alternatives?

I don't really give a f*ck tbh.
past caring. I did answer your question.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-03-10, 6:34 am

Positive head on.

Today is the start in a change of fortune.  We will win and win well. We will continue to win enough games to survive this season. Ellis goes at the end of it having milked as much as poss. New owners come in  and next season we improve significantly.

Catts to score a screamer today.

PS, yes I am sober. Maybe mad but sober.

Last edited by gil t azell on 2018-03-10, 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-10, 7:47 am

gil t azell wrote:Positive head on.

Today is the start in a chang of fotune.  We will win and win well. We will continue to win enough games to survive this season. Ellis goes at the end of it having milked as much as poss. New owners come in  and next season we improve significantly.

Catts to score a screamer today.

PS, yes I am sober. Maybe mad but sober.
I love weekends and your posts after a Friday night on the drink. Mind you could well be right, it has that feel, on the brink, no defenders fit, just that time for a siege mentality.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-10, 7:49 am

Argus wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Argus wrote:
Billy D wrote:

STEELE
ASORO MAJA WILLIAMS

I found out some time ago Argus that debating and difficult questions are a complete waste of time with Billy, save your energy mate.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-10, 7:51 am

Well match day is here again and what a good day it is, Liverpool v United on Sky at lunch time then straight into our game.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-03-10, 8:03 am

cyprussyd wrote:Well match day is here again and what a good day it is, Liverpool v United on Sky at lunch time then straight into our game.
Going to have a £1 win on  each of a Liverpool, 18/1 & SAFC, 33/1 3-1 victories plus a £2 double
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-10, 8:08 am

gil t azell wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well match day is here again and what a good day it is, Liverpool v United on Sky at lunch time then straight into our game.
Going to have a £1 win on  each of a Liverpool, 18/1 & SAFC, 33/1 3-1 victories plus a £2 double
No idea what that means but I may follow your lead

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-10, 8:09 am

Chris Coleman has tasked his players with putting a major dent in the gap to safety with victory at Queens Park Rangers this weekend. 
Sunderland head to the capital for the second time in seven days, chasing their first win in eight matches.
While a point at Millwall last Saturday provided some optimism going into Tuesday’s match against Aston Villa, frustration returned as the Black Cats fell to defeat on home turf.
And with just 10 games remaining, Coleman has admitted his players must make inroads into the four-point gap that separates them from safety before it’s too late.  
“I have just got to make sure they keep believing,” he said.
“But as low as it is, as hard as it is, with 10 games to play we are still only four points off. The teams around us are losing but that won’t last forever.
“Our future is still in our hands somewhat. That is what we have got to hang onto, but the games are running out of course.
“There are 30 points to play for, we are four adrift, we have got to make sure by hook or by crook that gap is getting smaller rather than getting larger.
“Every day ordinary people do extraordinary things,” he continued.
“When you are right in the middle of it sometimes you can’t see a way out. You get dragged down by disappointment and negativity – if you let it keep you there then that’s where you are going to stay.
“The good thing if there is another game coming up, another chance, and that is why my optimism stays.”

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum