SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Wilder
Today at 9:23 pm by Nostalgic

» Charlie Methven
Today at 9:06 pm by Mackemneil

» Podcast with Stewart Donald
Today at 9:05 pm by cyprussyd

» Rodders
Today at 8:02 pm by Billy D

» Martin Bain
Today at 7:52 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Tom Beadling
Today at 7:37 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» If it was up to you lot....................
Today at 6:53 pm by gil t azell

» Reid named permanent manager
Today at 5:07 pm by cyprussyd

» Fantastic
Today at 1:17 pm by Vincemac

» Nowt as funny as folk
Today at 10:48 am by oxfordshire

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

cyprussyd, paddocklad

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

7 up

Go down

7 up

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-04, 9:26 am

Now there you go, the 7 up title is an open goal for the jokes but what it means in this post is there are 7 teams, IMO who could go down up to Reading on 34 points.

Managers sacked, games in hand and unpredictable results will bring many twists and turns over the run in and yes we are still favourites to go down but as we have proved in the past favorites dont always win, if wins the right word.

I would argue that the last three games have shown that we could just be coming into some form at the right time and yes I know we didn't win but a month ago we would certainly have lost.

We need to get those wins and we need them soon but so do those around us and looking at the fixtures remaining for the bottom 7 our opponents certainly have some tough games ahead.

I think we will still be a championship club at the end of the season but everyone like me with a dickie heart will need their medication handy.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 7 up

Post  vinkel on 2018-03-04, 9:58 am

Positive as always, don't let the buggers get you down.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-03-04, 10:01 am

I agree we will stay up.

It is going to be difficult and we probably need to win 40 to 50% of the games left to survive but the kids are getting better, the experienced players seem to be doing their bit now so we just need a good few goals and a more adventurous manager in deciding to go for wins.

We cannot get a lead and sit back. We cannot defend so lets just attack. Lets put games to bed by HT. 

Let SAFC repay the supporters by winning the next 8 games hoping we can chill out.

PS, I know that last sentence is a bit silly. I meant 7 games. Very Happy
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-03-04, 10:50 am

It does seem axiomatic, but the key to us winning is to keep a clean sheet and with our defenders and goalkeepers.. having a zero goals against at the end of a game is about as likely as the Daily Heil supporting Corbyn in the next general election.

As for defenders and formation etc Matthews and Ovideo  (cracking goal by him yesterday) then either 2 or 3 central backs depending on who is fit and on form. We are having a really tough time with keepers this season, in the RTG somebody worked put they have cost us around 10 points..ie we would not be in the bottom 3 if we had a half decent player between the sticks. Steele had a reasonable game yesterday he has to keep that up or we are sunk.

Whether we play 4 or 5 at the back midfield has to defend also and they must block and track back.

It all sounds not very entertaining.. but we have scored 3 goals a few times lately and not won.

It is crunch time time we need wins simple as
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-04, 10:53 am

sunderpitt wrote:It does seem axiomatic, but the key to us winning is to keep a clean sheet and with our defenders and goalkeepers.. having a zero goals against at the end of a game is about as likely as the Daily Heil supporting Corbyn in the next general election.

As for defenders and formation etc Matthews and Ovideo  (cracking goal by him yesterday) then either 2 or 3 central backs depending on who is fit and on form. We are having a really tough time with keepers this season, in the RTG somebody worked put they have cost us around 10 points..ie we would not be in the bottom 3 if we had a half decent player between the sticks. Steele had a reasonable game yesterday he has to keep that up or we are sunk.

Whether we play 4 or 5 at the back midfield has to defend also and they must block and track back.

It all sounds not very entertaining.. but we have scored 3 goals a few times lately and not won.

We can only go of our last game and our keeper was excellent in that game and the defence did well, yes I know we let one goal in but it was a scrappy one.

I appreciate that Steeles performance yesterday was bad news for those who like a good kick at our players but there you go.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-03-04, 1:42 pm

LIke the positivity. I only listened but thought Steele did well and we were a bit unlucky with a few half chances and a goal that was cleared off the line.

We are making progress - whether it is enough to save us I have no idea, but at least it feels like we are going in right direction. Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-04, 1:53 pm

Hieronymus wrote:LIke the positivity. I only listened but thought Steele did well and we were a bit unlucky with a few half chances and a goal that was cleared off the line.

We are making progress - whether it is enough to save us I have no idea, but at least it feels like we are going in right direction. Very Happy
11 more games,I could have bitten elbow high by the end of it

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-03-04, 8:00 pm

We were not bad at Bolton but nothing was to happen for us, but it did for them.  More heartening is the last few games have been battling performances where we have shown a bit more belief.  With players hopefully coming back to add to the mix we need a mighty effort.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-05, 7:50 am

Garry Monk: Birmingham City appoint ex-Swansea, Leeds and Boro boss

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-03-05, 9:46 am

Bryan Oviedo says Sunderland have to win their remaining six home games and hopes that playing high-flying Aston Villa might suit the Black Cats. Sunderland came under a heavy aerial bombardment from Millwall in their 1-1 Championship draw on Saturday. Bryan Oviedo tries to ride a challenge from Millwall's Steve Morison. Picture by Frank Reid While Steve Bruce’s third-top Villa side are likely to pose even more questions of Oviedo and his defence in tomorrow night’s Stadium of Light showdown, the Costa Rican left-back hinted that his team may be more comfortable playing on the counter. Sunderland have struggled for wins all season at the Stadium of Light, but they performed well against Middlesbrough last time out. Asked about the visit of Villa following Saturday’s Den draw, Oviedo said: “I think it will be a different game to this one. “The two games are different, but maybe we will be more comfortable against a team that like to have the ball and might leave more space for us. “We need to be focused on that game because we need to win all of our games at home now. “That starts on Tuesday. “We know it is a very important game. “I think Aston Villa are a good team for us to play against. They play like a Premier League team, and hopefully that will be good for us. “We need to be ready for that. “They are a good team, and they are high up the table, so we know it will be a tough game, but we need to win. “That is the only thing we have in our mind at the moment. We need to get a win.” Oviedo, whose first-half goal against Millwall looked like it might set Sunderland on course for three crucial points, admitted there was frustration that three improved displays had yielded only two points for Sunderland. Nevertheless, he says the manager and squad have been bouyed by finding more consistency in their displays. The 28-year-old ex-Everton man said: “We have played quite well in the last few games, but we haven’t quite been able to convert that into winning and getting lots of points. “The manager keeps saying though that, first, we have to look for a good performance. “I think we are getting the performances now, we just need to take some more small steps forward. “That will result in us winning the games, because I think we have been playing well. “We have been very competitive against Bolton, Middlesbrough and Millwall. “I think we played well in all of those games, but maybe the results weren’t quite what we needed. “At the moment, though, we just have to make sure we keep at the same level of performance. “We have to do that on Tuesday, and keep going.” 

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-03-05, 10:04 am

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:It does seem axiomatic, but the key to us winning is to keep a clean sheet and with our defenders and goalkeepers.. having a zero goals against at the end of a game is about as likely as the Daily Heil supporting Corbyn in the next general election.

We can only go of our last game and our keeper was excellent in that game and the defence did well, yes I know we let one goal in but it was a scrappy one.

I appreciate that Steeles performance yesterday was bad news for those who like a good kick at our players but there you go.

sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-05, 10:31 am

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Given the choice of cheerful and optimistic or suicidal, angry and depressed, and its a choice we all have, its a no brainer for me.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum