SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Previous results v Port Vale
Yesterday at 11:55 pm by Silvers

» Results Week 12
Yesterday at 10:51 pm by Lever Malone

» Predictions Mid week 12
Yesterday at 10:45 pm by Lever Malone

» Beyond words
Yesterday at 9:46 pm by cyprussyd

» FA Cup 1st round draw Monday.
Yesterday at 9:21 pm by sunderpitt

» Doncaster Tuesday
Yesterday at 7:10 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 13
Yesterday at 6:31 pm by gil t azell

» Southend Saturday
Yesterday at 4:46 pm by Sid MCFC

»  Shrewsbury Town v Sunderland AFC
Yesterday at 4:03 pm by cyprussyd

» League Table Week 12
Yesterday at 12:28 pm by Jerry the Jinx

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Summer is coming

Go down

Summer is coming

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-02, 9:13 am

Yes I know, looking out of the window in the UK today it's hard to believe summer will ever come but it is.

And when it does, no matter what division we are in a big rebuild will be needed.

Aging players and loan players will leave massive holes in our squad and unless that elusive buyer is found we can be sure transfer funds will be to say the least limited.

More bargain basement signings and loan players will result in the same outcome, struggle so a new approach is badly needed but what should that approach be?

We must start, IMO, with a spine of experienced players from whatever division we are in, players who have done it, know the division and have proved their worth. This spine can then be surrounded by young hungry fearless players and there are lots about who may have to drop a division to get game time and kick start their career. Some loan players will no doubt be needed but they must be kept to a minimum and must not come in at the expense of our own young prospects. I would personally have prefered to start Maja this season and brought in a Anchibie as back up rather than a Fletcher, Fletcher may come good but the same could be said for Maja.

How would you rebuild in the summer?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer is coming

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-03-02, 9:18 am

You said it... unless we get a new owner and some cash.. it will be more loans like the smoggies 4th choice striker 

Not sure if we have any more Asoro's around?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-02, 11:43 am

sunderpitt wrote:You said it... unless we get a new owner and some cash.. it will be more loans like the smoggies 4th choice striker 

I think Cookie will have some cash in the summer even without a new owner.
Money is coming in from Lens, Borini and Khazri and he will get some of that.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-03-02, 6:51 pm

We must start, IMO, with a spine of experienced players from whatever division we are in, players who have done it, know the division and have proved their worth. This spine can then be surrounded by young hungry fearless players and there are lots about who may have to drop a division to get game time and kick start their career. Some loan players will no doubt be needed but they must be kept to a minimum and must not come in at the expense of our own young prospects.

You got this spot on Syd^^^^^^^.....exactly how I see it
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-03-02, 7:02 pm

oldblackcat wrote:We must start, IMO, with a spine of experienced players from whatever division we are in, players who have done it, know the division and have proved their worth. This spine can then be surrounded by young hungry fearless players and there are lots about who may have to drop a division to get game time and kick start their career. Some loan players will no doubt be needed but they must be kept to a minimum and must not come in at the expense of our own young prospects.

Sorry to disagree. 
For me it starts with the culture of what SAFC wants to be & only then can they start planing on where they wish to be.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-03-02, 8:18 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:We must start, IMO, with a spine of experienced players from whatever division we are in, players who have done it, know the division and have proved their worth. This spine can then be surrounded by young hungry fearless players and there are lots about who may have to drop a division to get game time and kick start their career. Some loan players will no doubt be needed but they must be kept to a minimum and must not come in at the expense of our own young prospects.

Sorry to disagree. 
For me it starts with the culture of what SAFC wants to be & only then can they start planing on where they wish to be.
Good point Black Cat Kiwi.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-03-02, 8:20 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:You said it... unless we get a new owner and some cash.. it will be more loans like the smoggies 4th choice striker 

Don’t think so that will go to short
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-03-02, 9:27 pm

Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Don’t think so that will go to short
it goes to reduce the debt but some will go to Cookie

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum